• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How to Leave a 15 Second Voicemail That Gets You the Meeting..

In summary, to make your voicemail stand out and get a response, keep it short and to the point by introducing yourself, stating a clear reason for scheduling a meeting, mentioning the value you can bring, and ending with a call to action. Avoid leaving a lengthy or generic voicemail, and try to leave it during business hours. Mention any specific details or connections if applicable, but if not, focus on the value you can bring. If you don't receive a call back, it's okay to follow up, but avoid being pushy or aggressive.
PampChefJoy
Gold Member
This came from our national sales manager at work. Granted, the business is investments, not kitchen products, but I thought there are some lessons that can be learned or adapted for PC use... take what you can :)

It takes barely fifteen seconds to put into practice my four rules for what I call “warm calling” – a friendlier way to engage someone you’ve never met, i.e. the traditional “cold call.” These rules apply to both live calls and voicemails – or even in person.

Hit the points below and you’ll give yourself the best shot at getting the meeting or follow up you seek.

1) Convey credibility by mentioning a familiar person or institution that connects you. If you don’t have one – find one!

2) State your value proposition: How will interacting with you help this person?

3) Impart urgency and convenience by being prepared to do whatever it takes to meet the other person on his or her own terms.

4) Offer a compromise that secures a definite follow-up at a minimum. Example: "I’ll be in New York next week. Let’s get together. Or, if getting together this trip isn’t convenient, I’ll make room in my schedule for whenever it’s more convenient for you."

Feeling hazy on any one of those points? Then you’re not ready to make the call! Although all the above rules are important, waiting until you’re ready – in particular, until you truly have something of value to offer and know how to articulate it – may trump them all.

Those are some really great points! I will try to implement them with my next call!

I completely agree with your national sales manager's four rules for "warm calling". I think these rules can definitely be adapted for use in any type of sales or business situation, not just investments or kitchen products.First off, mentioning a familiar person or institution is a great way to establish credibility and build a connection with the person you are contacting. It shows that you have done your research and have a genuine interest in building a relationship.Secondly, stating your value proposition is crucial in any sales pitch. People want to know what's in it for them, so being able to clearly and concisely explain how your product or service can benefit them will increase your chances of getting a meeting or follow up.I also like the idea of imparting urgency and convenience by being flexible and willing to meet on the other person's terms. It shows that you value their time and are willing to work around their schedule.Lastly, offering a compromise for a definite follow-up is a great way to ensure that the conversation doesn't end there. It gives the person something to think about and shows that you are committed to building a relationship with them.Overall, these are great tips for making successful sales calls or even just reaching out to someone for a business opportunity. It's important to be prepared and have something of value to offer before making the call. Thanks for sharing these valuable lessons!

1. How can I make my voicemail stand out and get a response?

To leave a 15 second voicemail that gets you the meeting, it's important to keep it short and to the point. Start by introducing yourself and your company, then state a clear reason for wanting to schedule a meeting. Make sure to mention the value you can bring to the recipient and end with a call to action, such as leaving your contact information or suggesting a specific date and time for the meeting.

2. What should I avoid saying in a voicemail to increase my chances of getting a call back?

Avoid leaving a lengthy or rambling voicemail, as this can be off-putting to the recipient. It's also important to avoid using a generic script or sounding too salesy. Instead, be genuine, enthusiastic, and concise in your message. Additionally, avoid leaving too much information or asking for too much in the initial voicemail. Save the details for the actual meeting.

3. Is it better to leave a voicemail during business hours or after hours?

It's generally recommended to leave a voicemail during business hours, as this increases the chances of the recipient being available to listen to it. However, if you have a specific reason for wanting to leave a voicemail after hours, such as knowing the recipient works late, then it may be appropriate to do so. Just make sure to avoid calling too late at night or on weekends, as this can be seen as intrusive.

4. Should I mention any specific details or connections in my voicemail?

If you have a mutual connection or a specific reason for wanting to meet with the recipient, it can be beneficial to mention this in your voicemail. This can help establish a connection and make your message more personalized. However, if you don't have any specific details to mention, it's best to focus on the value you can bring to the meeting and keep the voicemail brief.

5. What if I don't get a call back after leaving a voicemail?

If you don't receive a call back after leaving a voicemail, it's okay to follow up with a brief email or another voicemail. However, make sure not to be too pushy or aggressive in your follow-up. If you still don't receive a response, it may be best to move on and focus on other potential leads.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• scottcooks
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
photochef
  • DebPC
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
jrstephens
  • chefsteph07