• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How to Increase Sales With Large Loud Crowd

usually it's something simple, like guacamole, and then we give everyone a sample of the recipe to take home with them. Usually I have prizes for the winners, like a citrus peeler or a small gift.
sillylittlechef
I am stuck in a rut with this one family that keeps having shows. I am grateful for the shows, and it has actually kept me active these last couple months, but they are a real pain. They always have atleast 10 people there, which for me is a large group, but they pay absolutely no attention to me. For the last show I just brought with the Profiteroll(sp?) puffs and set up a display. I did try to atleast go through my flipchart with host and guest specials, but seriously no one listened at all. I had 11 orders and the show sits at 370. Maybe I just need to vent, but I still have two shows booked with this group. I have been discouraged lately with not getting enough bookings, so this really doesn't help....
You guys are always so good with encouragement so send some my way please!!!

I would try getting them involved. I plan on doing this at a show in July and just doing the Salsa Fresca with the Salad Chopper and then our Guacamole Seasoning with the Mix N Masher. We'll have margaritas in the Quick Stir Pitcher and have fun!

I see that you're still relatively new (according to your profile, anyway.) How about letting them know that because you're new, you would like their feedback on your presentation. Everyone likes to make their opinion heard. And that will require them to pay attention in order to have a valid opinion. You could even go so far as to create a more detailed survey slip with specific questions about the presentation - and then give everyone a Twixit Clip or something very small like that as a thank you.

~like the new dvd shows...have someone hold the recipe and tell you what to do next...
~have people come up and help ...say with the food chopper, garlic press, can opener, forged cutlery...especially the ones doing the most talking.
~Play 'got it love it' -- they'll listen for their favorite product in order to get the candy for the prize. <I give a candy to anyone who comes up to help me and try a product >
~play one of those games...'every time I say host..." or "everytime I say free" pass the prize...

I'm with you ...it's hard, and frustrating...but I've learned...they are there for fun...and if they are very familiar with PC products, they don't need a full demo. I've done what you said..and just set up a demonstration, had the food all ready when guests arrived, and played a game and went over the specials... it was more of a social event...that's all they need sometime. As long as they are still placing orders, and not having you come strickly for cater benefits!

Good luck! Hang in there!

Make it an interactive show!

For a large rowdy crowd that you end up have to scream over I suggest splitting them in to 2 groups and have them prepare the recipes in a race. Whichever team wins give every team member a small prize (citrus peeler). Even if they fight you on it in the beginning, they end up having fun competing and learn more about the products by doing it themselves. You may even get a recruit this way!

Maybe you could ask the next family hostess to tell you what she wants to see you do at the show. Does she want to watch you demo a recipe? Does she want to play a game (love it, have it ...), do they just want to eat, order and socialize? Ask the hostess and then tell her that's what you will do. Then ask her to help you in getting everyone's attention and involving them if she actually wants them to listen. You could even involve them by making up cards for them to read out loud so they are basically doing the show. Make a short recruiting card, short booking card, short, bridal registry card, short gift certificate card, etc...That way you are still promoting yourself and your business.

Get them involvedI agree to get your audience involved. IT's hard to talk to Sally if she's up there mixing something and Mary is chopping up an ingredient.

You could also do fun games that would get your audience to pay attention and interested in winning some prizes.

Debbie :D

I have a group like this too! (In fact last they were last Sunday)

I have them all sit around the dining room table (about 8 of them) and go through the catalog together and talk about each product to one another. If something is left out or I have something to add -- I just yell it out. We sit snack on a recipe I made ahead of time and just go through the catalog. I bring the new products and that's it.

The show averages about $350 -- but only lasts an 1 1/2 hours from the time I arrive to packing up -- plus the host closes at the end.

I used to try and get their attention -- but they are jut not intersted. SO I let them so what they want -- eat and shop.

I wouldn't do this with everyone -- but you know who this might work for from past experience.

I have tried some games, but they aren't interested. I was told upfront that no one would listen, of course, I didn't believe it until I saw it. I do like the two teams competing though. This crowd is usually a mixed male/female crowd so putting them against each other would probably be fun and might keep them listening and atleast trying out the tools.
Thanks for the advice ya'll.

1. How can I grab the attention of a large, loud crowd during a sales event?

One effective way to capture the attention of a large, loud crowd is to use a microphone or loudspeaker. This will amplify your voice and make it easier for everyone to hear you. Additionally, using interactive and engaging demonstrations or games can also help to capture and hold the attention of the crowd.

2. What are some strategies for selling to a large, loud crowd?

Some strategies for selling to a large, loud crowd include using visual aids such as posters or videos, creating a sense of urgency with limited time offers or limited quantity items, and offering special discounts or promotions for those who make a purchase during the event. It is also important to have a clear and concise sales pitch that can be easily understood by a large group of people.

3. How can I effectively manage a large, loud crowd during a sales event?

To effectively manage a large, loud crowd during a sales event, it is important to have a designated space for the event and clear signage to direct people. It may also be helpful to have multiple sales representatives available to assist customers and manage the crowd. Utilizing a numbering or ticket system for customers can also help to keep the crowd organized and prevent chaos.

4. What are some ways to encourage purchases from a large, loud crowd?

One way to encourage purchases from a large, loud crowd is to offer special deals or discounts that are only available during the event. Another strategy is to create a sense of excitement and exclusivity by showcasing limited edition or exclusive products. You can also incentivize purchases by offering free gifts or samples with a certain purchase amount.

5. How can I follow up with customers after a sales event with a large, loud crowd?

Following up with customers after a sales event with a large, loud crowd is important for maintaining customer relationships and potentially generating future sales. Some ways to follow up include sending a personalized thank you email or note, offering a special discount for future purchases, or inviting them to join your mailing list for updates on new products and promotions.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• TheFreddiesCook
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
SPAMSTIME
  • PamperchefJames
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • gilliandanielle