• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How to Fit 2 Shows in One Day....

In summary, the conversation is about consultants discussing their experiences and strategies for doing multiple shows in one day. They share tips on scheduling, packing their kits, and managing their time between shows. They also mention successful shows they have had and how they handle dishes at the end of the shows. Overall, they find it to be a productive and fulfilling experience.
stefani2
I know of other Consultants doing this - so what time do you do your shows? I had 2 today and the ONLY way I could fit them in to make it work for the Hosts was at 11:00 a.m and 2:00 p.m. - I learned it is too close together. It went well - but I am exhausted! I am so glad to have them over with! :D

yikes..I think that great, a little stressful though but still, nice job !!

When I double book I do one show at 10:30/11 ish and then the other one starts either at 4:30 or at 6:30....hth

When I do 2 shows in one day (frequent in the fall...) I book at 1pm and usually 6pm or 7pm. Do the same recipe and have paperwork done for both shows..it's not as bad as it seems once you get the hang of it.

I think I liked getting 2 outta the way in one day - it just took a bit of organizing (like it was said earlier) as far as order forms and catalogues. I think you would almost have to do the same recipes, wouldn't you?

My day would have been perfect with a bit more time inbetween. It was kinda rushed between shows - done the first at 1:30 and was at the next host's show by 1:45. To have a few hours in between would be a lot easier and would allow for some downtime.

Loved doing it though! I think I will offer 1 Saturday a month for shows - and I will book 2 shows that day....

I had a show once that the host wrote the following week on all the invites she sent out and had 25 confirmed to show up. I already had a show at 2:00 (an 1 1/2 hours away). I said I could do her 6:30 show. It turned out that my 2:00 show was my first $1000 show and the 6:30 did have 25 guests and was second $1000 ever! All in the same day!!

Wow Julie, that must have been an exciting day (in every sense!)

I was on air. When I went to the next cluster meeting, my director said she'd never seen that. I haven't done a $1000 show yet.

I have done this once so far. I did a 10 a.m. and a 3 p.m. The timing and locations worked out perfect that I had enough time to go home, change out paperwork, eat lunch with DH and head off to my next show. I didn't do the same recipe but my kit is always packed to do all the recipes I offer. I also do not do anything fancy for guests, they get a catalog and an order form. That's it. I would do this again because it made me feel very productive.

When I've done 2 in one day, the first one was 1 p.m. and the second one was 7 p.m. I did NOT do the same recipe, which really sucked. From now on if I double book myself, I will insist on doing the same recipe.

I have done 2 in one day just once but in a couple weeks, I will be doing a wedding shower at 11 am, travel 1 1/2 hours to do the second one! EEK! I am not expecting a huge turn out for either one so probably it will blend in fine.

My first show is at 600 (with 7 buying guests) and is expected to pick up a lot more Outside Orders - I am happy with that.

My second show was a PB - she had 5 items on her Wish List!!! WTH??? I have never met anyone who ONLY wanted a few items from PC (esp. a bride). How is she NOT a PC junkie????? :)

Wadesgirl - which recipes do you offer (so that you are able to have your kit packed at all times for all the recipes you offer)? Share you secret pls? :)

stefani2 said:
Wadesgirl - which recipes do you offer (so that you are able to have your kit packed at all times for all the recipes you offer)? Share you secret pls? :)
yes please share...looking for help like that to book more without having to think about my kit!

So where do you do your dishes at? Do you have your hostess do your dishes or do you offer something free to a guest that does your dishes? I am just curious as to how you get your dishes done between the shows!!

pampered.chris said:
So where do you do your dishes at? Do you have your hostess do your dishes or do you offer something free to a guest that does your dishes? I am just curious as to how you get your dishes done between the shows!!

Me too! This was my first thought.

I don't have 2 shows on the same day ... but I do have one at 3 p.m. next Sunday and going to work at 5 ... if they weren't in the same town, I wouldn't even consider it.

Guess the dishes will have to wait until I get home ... The fluted stone will require my kitchen brush!

If I DID have 2 shows on the same day, I'd either schedule them hours apart and make sure I have time to go home and load the dishwasher ... or use completely separate dishes for each show. Of course, I can't imagine having 2shows that don't use the same tools!

I just kind of wash them up real quick at the hosts house and repack...I've never had a problem.

I've done two shows in one day. One was an Open House and the other was a Kitchen show. The open house was first and ended up going longer than expected. Luckily, I planned for that and brought items for it that I wouldn't need at my 2nd show. The open house was for a friend so I had no problem leaving some items behind. The 2nd one went very well and was a $1000 show. My first one! That was back in January. I would definitely do it again! It makes the rest of my weekend/week less stressful and can spend more time with the hubby.

I did this once~my host from show one knew I had anther show later and she did my dishes!
show 1 was a brunch at 11 and show 2 was at 4....different recipes but used same products!
I think I would like to try this more as it would knock shows out in one weekend....exhausting but worth it!

I would LOVE to have my kit packed at all times - I am too the point now in my PC career that I can easily afford to purchase doubles of the things I use all the time (IF I knew which items I would NEED). What a great idea! It drives me NUTS to go to a Show and I have forgotten something!

When I schedule a two-fer I usually do a 11am brunch show and a 6:30pm ****tail (apps) party. I only do these on Saturday; however, I may offer them over the summer. My spring tanked and I need to pick it up this summer so I have something this fall and don't lose my Direcorship (once I get it) :D

My first two cooking shows were on the same day! I was worn out by the end of the day. I probably wouldn't recommend anybody trying to do this for their first shows, due to the hectic day, the stress of "being new" and still being at the beginning of the learning curve. But I did survive it. And both shows were with friends who were awesome and helped me get through it. I had one scheduled at 10:30 and the other at 3pm. And it was almost an hour drive between the two. I'm still amazed that I didn't collapse. I did the same recipes for both and both shows were over $600 in sales. So, despite my exhaustion and feeling frazzled, it was worth it. Thankfully, my husband took pity on me when I got home and took me out to dinner.

WOW, you go girl, 2 in one day.
I don't even do 2 in a week sometimes. I had 3 in one week once and it wore me out. I have a super high respect for all of you doing 2 a day or 4-5 a week, that is awesome :) :)

I do 2 shows on Saturday on occassion and have added it to my calendar as a regular thing. I do the first one at 10 AM and the second at 1 PM. Start a sink of dish water when you start your first show and clean up right after, although I have been known to give free shipping to anyone who wants to do my dishes, my host will usually step up to help me. Also I let my Host know I am going to another show after hers and they have always been very helpful. I started doing this with my out of town shows but I know it's going to help me when I knock 2 out in one day.

I am impressed or should I say in awe of all of you that do 2 shows in the same day! I work full-time and do PC in my fun time. One January when I really wanted the double-incentive points, I did shows 4 days in a row and it nearly killed me! I've never attempted to do 2 shows in the same day!

Now I'll say that you've inspired me a little, too. Instead of blocking out the whole day when I have an afternoon/evening show or other commitment, I know I can tell the potential host, "I already have a commitment at 2 pm that day, but we can squeeze in a brunch at 10:00 am if you'll wash my dishes for me!"

I like the 10 AM and 1 Pm so I can still enjoy dinner with my family because I am home by about 4 PM

on Saturdays I only offer 2pm or 7pm so that if I do double book it will not be a problem. But the MAIN reason I only offer these times is for my own family scheduling. My DH has a Saturday training session every week, and 2pm is the earliest I can get to a show. And if I don't double book, I either have the afternoon with my family or I am home for dinner and family movie night!

I love doing 2 shows in one day. It's a huge adrenaline rush, plus it makes me feel so productive!

france59 said:
My first two cooking shows were on the same day! I was worn out by the end of the day. I probably wouldn't recommend anybody trying to do this for their first shows, due to the hectic day, the stress of "being new" and still being at the beginning of the learning curve. But I did survive it. And both shows were with friends who were awesome and helped me get through it. I had one scheduled at 10:30 and the other at 3pm. And it was almost an hour drive between the two. I'm still amazed that I didn't collapse. I did the same recipes for both and both shows were over $600 in sales. So, despite my exhaustion and feeling frazzled, it was worth it. Thankfully, my husband took pity on me when I got home and took me out to dinner.

me too!! I think it helped keep my nerves in check. I knew I didn't have time to worry! Plus, it showed me that it could be done!;)

Related to How to Fit 2 Shows in One Day....

1. How do I schedule two shows in one day?

To schedule two shows in one day, first make sure that both hosts are available on the same day. Then, work with each host to determine a suitable time for their show. It's important to allow enough time in between shows for setup, tear down, and travel time.

2. Can I use the same presentation for both shows?

Yes, you can use the same presentation for both shows. However, it's important to customize it for each host and their guests. This can include mentioning the host's name, highlighting products that may be of interest to their guests, and incorporating any special requests from the host.

3. How do I ensure I have enough products for two shows in one day?

To ensure you have enough products for two shows in one day, it's important to plan ahead and have a clear inventory of your products. Communicate with your team and make sure you have enough products for both shows. If needed, you can also order more products in advance.

4. What should I do if one show runs longer than expected?

If one show runs longer than expected, it's important to communicate with the host and guests. Let them know that you have another show scheduled and you may need to adjust the timing of certain activities. You can also offer to schedule a follow-up show for anyone who may need to leave early.

5. How can I make sure both shows are successful?

To ensure both shows are successful, it's important to communicate with both hosts and their guests and make sure they are satisfied with their experience. Also, be sure to follow up with both hosts after the shows to thank them and see if they have any feedback. And most importantly, stay organized and have a positive attitude throughout the day!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pchefking
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • sunnygirl in nd
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
pampchefrhondab
  • redsoxgirl