• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Looking for tips on how to keep your grill pan sparkling clean?

In summary, to remove stuck-on food from a grill pan, soak it in warm water and dish soap, then use a non-abrasive scrubber. Avoid using steel wool or abrasive cleaners to prevent damage to the pan's non-stick coating. It is best to clean the grill pan after each use, but a deep clean every 2-3 uses may be necessary for frequent use. Whether the grill pan is dishwasher safe depends on the specific product. To prevent rusting, dry the pan thoroughly after washing, lightly coat it with oil before storing, and avoid using metal utensils on the pan.
susanr613
Gold Member
I've noticed over time that it's more and more difficult to get the grill pan super clean. Any tips?

Thanks -
Susan

haven't had mine long enough to notice, but I used my grill press for fish and it smells a little fishy now.

I did an exch on mine-think the problem was I was cooking too high heat

I pour water in it while it's good and hot after removing the meat, and leave it on the burner (turned off). Then after dinner I take the long handled kitched brush and wash it with hot soapy water. Works for me!

Hi Susan, I completely understand your struggle with keeping your grill pan clean. As a Pampered Chef consultant, I have a few tips that may help. First, make sure to preheat your grill pan before using it, as this will help prevent food from sticking to the surface. Also, try using a non-abrasive cleaner and a nylon scrub brush to gently clean the pan after each use. For tougher stains, you can create a paste with baking soda and water and let it sit on the pan for a few minutes before scrubbing. And of course, always make sure to properly season your grill pan after cleaning to maintain its non-stick properties. I hope these tips help! Happy grilling!

1. How do I remove stuck-on food from my grill pan?

To remove stuck-on food from your grill pan, start by filling the pan with warm water and a few drops of dish soap. Let it soak for 10-15 minutes, then use a non-abrasive scrubber to gently scrub the pan. For tougher stains, you can also use a mixture of baking soda and water to create a paste and let it sit on the pan for a few minutes before scrubbing.

2. Can I use steel wool or abrasive cleaners on my grill pan?

No, steel wool and abrasive cleaners can damage the non-stick coating on your grill pan. It is recommended to use non-abrasive scrubbers and gentle cleaning solutions to avoid damaging the surface of the pan.

3. How often should I clean my grill pan?

It is best to clean your grill pan after each use to prevent buildup of grease and food particles. However, if you use it frequently, you may want to give it a deep clean every 2-3 uses.

4. Can I put my grill pan in the dishwasher?

This depends on the specific grill pan you have. Some may be labeled as dishwasher safe, while others are not. It is best to check the manufacturer's instructions or packaging to see if your grill pan is safe to put in the dishwasher.

5. How do I prevent my grill pan from rusting?

To prevent rusting, make sure to dry your grill pan thoroughly after washing it. You can also lightly coat the pan with a small amount of vegetable or olive oil before storing it to help protect against rust. Additionally, avoid using metal utensils on the pan, as they can scratch the surface and expose it to moisture, leading to rust.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• JanisF
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
scottcooks
  • shelly.nurse
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
deanna_g
  • Jenni