• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

My Grill Pan: Cleaning Disaster & Advice Needed!

In summary, the best way to clean a grill pan is to let it cool and soak in warm, soapy water. To remove burnt-on food, soaking with baking soda or vinegar and water can be effective. Avoid using metal utensils on the pan and store it with a cloth or paper towel in between. Hand washing with mild soap is recommended over using a dishwasher.
Jenni
My grill pan... I used it last night o grill peppers, then onions. I set it aside and didn't go to clean it for a few hours. Big mistake... very hard to clean! Black stuff is all stuck to the ridges... Advice please
I feel like its as bad as cleaning a George Forman!

I've just let mine soak in hot water with a little Ivory, and then it just wipes out. Hopefully yours will be as easy!

c00p said:
I've just let mine soak in hot water with a little Ivory, and then it just wipes out. Hopefully yours will be as easy!

I will give it a try!

I had the same problem, i bought the white handled scrub brush and it works wonders and also cleans the grill press wonderfully too.

What Freedom said - I use the kitchen brush as well - I also have been using the scrubby thing from May - LOVE IT for the grill pan - I use Dawn Detergent as well.

If you have the grill pan the kitchen brush is a MUST!!!

must Order Kitchen Brush!!!:)

Hi there! I'm so sorry to hear about your cleaning disaster with your grill pan. I completely understand how frustrating it can be to have stuck-on food and residue on your pan's ridges. I've had a few mishaps myself with my grill pan, but I've found a few tips that have helped me in situations like this.First, I recommend soaking your pan in hot, soapy water for at least 30 minutes. This will help to loosen up the stuck-on food and make it easier to scrub off.Next, I like to use a non-abrasive scrubbing pad or brush to gently scrub the ridges of the pan. Be sure to use a gentle touch and avoid using any harsh chemicals or abrasive materials, as this can damage the non-stick surface of the pan.If the stuck-on food is still giving you a hard time, you can try using a mixture of baking soda and water to create a paste. Apply the paste to the ridges of the pan and let it sit for about 15 minutes before scrubbing it off. This can help to break down the residue and make it easier to remove.After cleaning, be sure to thoroughly dry your pan before storing it. This will prevent any rusting or damage to the pan.I hope these tips help you to get your grill pan back in top shape! Remember, it's always best to clean your pan as soon as possible after use to prevent food from hardening and becoming difficult to remove. Happy grilling!

1. How do I clean my grill pan without damaging it?

The best way to clean your grill pan is to let it cool completely, then fill it with warm water and a few drops of mild dish soap. Let it soak for a few minutes, then use a soft sponge or brush to scrub off any stuck-on food. Avoid using harsh chemicals or abrasive materials, as these can damage the non-stick coating on the pan.

2. What is the best way to remove burnt-on food from my grill pan?

If your grill pan has burnt-on food, try filling it with hot water and a few tablespoons of baking soda. Let it soak for an hour, then scrub with a soft sponge or brush. For tougher stains, you can also try using a mixture of equal parts vinegar and water to soak and then scrub the pan.

3. Can I use metal utensils on my grill pan?

No, it is not recommended to use metal utensils on your grill pan as they can scratch the non-stick coating. Instead, use wooden, silicone, or plastic utensils to protect the surface of the pan.

4. How should I store my grill pan?

To prevent damage and maintain the non-stick coating, it is best to store your grill pan with a paper towel or cloth in between each pan. This will prevent any scratches or dents from occurring.

5. Can I put my grill pan in the dishwasher?

It is not recommended to put your grill pan in the dishwasher as the harsh detergents and high heat can damage the non-stick coating. It is best to hand wash your grill pan with warm water and mild dish soap for the best results.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
gratergirl
  • schel
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
rennea
  • ChefPaulaB
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies