• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Efficient Grill Pan Cleaning: Recommended George Forman Grill Cleaner Pad

In summary, the Cook's Illustrated magazine rated the Grill pan as the top product and recommended the George Forman grill cleaner pad. The pads are made to not scratch non-stick cookware and the name brand is GF. The pads can be found at most stores that sell George Foreman grills.
ddcook
Saw in an old Cook's Illustrated magazine, where they rated our Grill pan at the top (would have been #1 if you didn't have to go through a PC consultant to buy :( ), that they also recommended the George Forman grill cleaner pad.

I noticed some 'grunge' in the creases of my pan the other day, that no matter how hard I tried, I couldn't get it off. Other than using a paper towel and my finger nail...:eek: So I looked for these GF pads, and they are GREAT! It cleaned that grunge out. And since his pans also have a non-stick finish, you know the 'scouring' part of the pad will be gentle enough on our pans too! HIGHLY recommend. Sadly, it's not a PC product, but worth adding when checking out. I got mine at Linen & Things; 3 pack for $6.

Just thought I'd share

Thanks for the info...my Grill Pan is starting to look its age:rolleyes: I'll have to stop by LNTs & pick some up!;)

Darcy~

Are they shaped differently, or just made specifically to not scratch non-stick cookware?

Is the name brand GF?

I always use the blue sponge/blue scrubbies that are made for non-stick cookware (gets off the gunk w/o scratching the coating) but I still have a heck of a time getting the goo off of the grill pan along the ridges. I am VERY particular about getting the insides and outsides of my pans totally clean...my Mom passed that on to me. I can't stand when the bottom of pans looks like they are never cleaned! And therefore, REALLY can't stand the build up that seems to accumulate around the ridges of our grill pan. I am afraid to take it to shows for fear someone would notice that and think that I was not washing my things properly!

Thanks ddcook! What a great tip! My grill pan has become a pain for me to clean! I will try your suggestion!!! Thanks again!:)

KellyTheChef said:
Darcy~

Are they shaped differently, or just made specifically to not scratch non-stick cookware?

They are made with ridges on all four sides. A blue sponge with ridges on one side, and a scrubber with ridges on the other

KellyTheChef said:
Is the name brand GF?

Sorry, was just being lazy. It stands for George Foreman

KellyTheChef said:
I am VERY particular about getting the insides and outsides of my pans totally clean...my Mom passed that on to me. I can't stand when the bottom of pans looks like they are never cleaned!

I hear ya!

You should be able to get them at most any store that sells George Foreman grills. I just happen to have a LNT in walking distance to my home. Here's a link to the pads

http://www.lnt.com/product/index.jsp?productId=1903009&cp=1387633&sr=1&origkw=george+foreman&parentPage=family

Darcy~

I was being lazy, too....I actually meant, is the name brand on the sponges George Forman, or some other name!! :) But, thanks for the link- now I see the name is GF!!

I will have to try these out!

Thanks for the info!

I was justing wondering how to clean my good this weekend!

I soaked mine for a few minutes and then used a soft sponge that I had to clean it.

I will have to see if Walmart has these. Has anyone got them there?

Jennifer - i have seen them at Walmart... on the aisle with the GF grills - never even occurred to me about the grill pan!!

Oh wow! I may have to order some of these! I HATE cleaning that darn pan because it's such a pain. Thanks!

I used the little plastic looking thing that came with my original GF grill and that works good between the ridges. I'll have to check out that scrubbie thing though!

What is the best way to clean a grill pan?

The best way to clean a grill pan is to first let it cool down completely. Then, using a non-metallic spatula or scraper, remove any excess food particles from the surface. Next, use a sponge or soft cloth with hot soapy water to scrub the pan, paying extra attention to any tough spots. Rinse the pan thoroughly and dry it with a clean towel.

Can I use steel wool or abrasive cleaners on my grill pan?

No, it is not recommended to use steel wool or abrasive cleaners on your grill pan as they can scratch the surface and damage the non-stick coating. Instead, use a non-metallic scrubber or sponge with hot soapy water to gently clean the pan.

How do I prevent food from sticking to my grill pan?

To prevent food from sticking to your grill pan, make sure to properly preheat it before adding any food. You can also lightly coat the surface with cooking oil or spray before use. Additionally, avoid using metal utensils on the pan as they can scratch the surface and make it more prone to sticking.

Can I put my grill pan in the dishwasher?

It is not recommended to put your grill pan in the dishwasher as the harsh detergents and high heat can damage the non-stick coating. It is best to hand wash the pan with hot soapy water and a non-metallic scrubber or sponge.

How do I remove stubborn stains from my grill pan?

If you have stubborn stains on your grill pan, you can try soaking it in hot soapy water for a few hours before scrubbing with a non-metallic scrubber or sponge. You can also try using a paste of baking soda and water to gently scrub the stains. Avoid using harsh chemicals or abrasive cleaners as they can damage the non-stick coating.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Jenni
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • kcmckay
  • Sell Pampered Chef Items
Replies
Views
Sheilainwv
  • esavvymom