• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How much will it cost to attend the 2008 Conference?

In summary, Paula is thinking about going to the Leadership Conference next year, but she is not sure if she can afford to go. She is also thinking about how expensive it can be to go to a conference.
reba515
I just went to sign up for conference club and it says Conference for 2008 will be $200 ! :eek:

Thought I would let you all know so you can start saving!:)

YUP! I signed up for Conference Club Immediately!!

Oh MY - I need start the conference club for that now...AND I need to make sure I earn it if we get the chance.

I signed up as soon as it was available. $23 bucks a month isn't bad and it WELL worth it! :)

How much does it normally cost?

How do you all end up spending total to go? I have always wondered but have never asked. If I ever I wanted to go, I have no idea how much money I would need. I know a lot would depend on airfare and hotel costs.

This year, early bird was $175. A few years ago, it was $150. But I'm sure that things like the shuttle buses and food go up, and HO has to cover those expenses.

Conference hotels usually end up around $200 a night after taxes. But if you put 4 in a room, it's not too bad.

I went for the first time this year and it really does depend on flight, plus hotel and now reg. being $200. But I spent $700ish incl. everything. So I hope that helps.

what if you save and then can't go..Does the money just stay in there?

No, they refund it in your next commission check.

That is the beauty of it is you can spread the costs out over time with the Conference Club. Plus paying for the air fare when you book it.

I reserved our room that money was taken out a month in advance. If you are staying 4 in a room and you stay 4 nights your costs are basically the cost of one night. This year we only stayed 3 nights so it was less.

For me during conference the only costs I had to worry about was food, goodies at the booths and drinks. I am cheap and bring my own sodas in my suit case and ice them down every night and some snacks. {That is what I like about Leadership is that they provide some good snacks between workshops}

I am going to have to sign up for the Conference Club too. I forgot about it last year and that is great to spread it out over the year. Doesn't seem like you are paying that much.

I have to agree about the Conference Club. Once I saved for it, but then didn't end up going. It was a really nice "chunk 'o change" in my commission check when I got it all back!! I then used alot of it to buy a bunch of Conference CD's, etc., and had my own "personal conference".....not the same, to be sure, but better than nothing, and alot cheaper, too!!

Paula

chefann said:
No, they refund it in your next commission check.
If you find that you know you can't go you just need to tell PC and the amount you have saved is added to your next month-end check.

I'm hoping to go next year, but I'll just have to wait and see. Airfare from here to the states is almost always over $1000. Add that to the other expenses, and ouch!! It gets pretty hefty!

chefann said:
This year, early bird was $175. A few years ago, it was $150. But I'm sure that things like the shuttle buses and food go up, and HO has to cover those expenses.

Conference hotels usually end up around $200 a night after taxes. But if you put 4 in a room, it's not too bad.

3 nites at the Chicago Hilton with 2 bathrooms split 4 ways cost me just under $150.00

Conference was only expensive for me because my plane ticket was over $400! Next year (if I can go) I will buy it a lot sooner!

You can make it as expensive as you want it....I'm a sucker for surprise boxes!

I went to the National Conference this year in July, and it was awesome. I was still in my first 60 days when I went, and learned so much. I had already decided that I want to go to National Conference next year, but when I mentioned it to my director she told me that I definitely need to go to the Leadership Conference. I am *very* close to being a future director--my 2nd is supposed to sign tomorrow.

How do you guys feel about going to every singleConference offered by PC? I'm happy that I went to NC, however, that cost me close to $800, and I would like to start making some money in this business before I shell out another huge chunk.

:(

AZPampered Chef said:
I went to the National Conference this year in July, and it was awesome. I was still in my first 60 days when I went, and learned so much. I had already decided that I want to go to National Conference next year, but when I mentioned it to my director she told me that I definitely need to go to the Leadership Conference. I am *very* close to being a future director--my 2nd is supposed to sign tomorrow.

How do you guys feel about going to every singleConference offered by PC? I'm happy that I went to NC, however, that cost me close to $800, and I would like to start making some money in this business before I shell out another huge chunk.

:(

Maybe you could go to one conference one year & the other the next year?

pamperedgirl3 said:
Maybe you could go to one conference one year & the other the next year?

That's a good idea. For those who have been to both, how do they differ?

AZPampered Chef said:

NAtional Conference is open to all consultants at every level.
Leadership Summit is only offered to Future Directors and above. It is focused on Leadership.

Having gone to both this year, and coming from Oregon (so minimum $300 plane ticket added) I think both were totally worth it! I did make a decision that I would do 1 extra show a month to pay for it, and did conference club each time. I know what I came home and did each time after going. Major boost to my business! But I totally go for the singing and dancing stuff!

AZPampered Chef said:

Leadership is on a smaller scale only available to Future Directors and above. I personally like Leadership better because it's gear towards just that...Leaders! If you are a FD and want you business to get to the next level, I HIGHLY reccomend Leadership. If your mind and goals are in the right place ~ it's definitely worth the 2nd trip!

Ginny

Kitchen2u said:
Leadership is on a smaller scale only available to Future Directors and above. I personally like Leadership better because it's gear towards just that...Leaders! If you are a FD and want you business to get to the next level, I HIGHLY reccomend Leadership. If your mind and goals are in the right place ~ it's definitely worth the 2nd trip!

Ginny

Sounds great but how do I explain the expense to my DH? He's not even sure he wants me to go to next years conference! We're over here in California and that's a good chunk of change for us. :(

I wanna go! (whinny voice)

Christ Follower said:
Sounds great but how do I explain the expense to my DH? He's not even sure he wants me to go to next years conference! We're over here in California and that's a good chunk of change for us. :(

This was my 1st year so I told my DH I was going, I was paying for it with my PC earnings and IT will Boost my biz! So he didn't object after my announcement!;)

Where is it being held in 2008? Couldn't make this years.

National Conference is always in Chicago in July. There are 3 different waves.

Leadership Summit is in January 2008 in Cincinnati Ohio, the 10th-12th (right?).

I wasn't sure which one you were talking about.:)

I have some stats that my director gave me about attending National. Since I believe BOTH conferences are SO important, I'm going to start another thread with these stats. Sometimes husbands (or wives) change their mind when they see these. I believe that these are from HO.

If early bird is $175.00, when you sign up for conference cash club can you pay $175.00, or do you have to pay the $200.00?

I think the idea of adding one show a month as the "conference show" and saving the $$ earned from that show just for conference is an excellent idea!

ChefJeniLobdell said:
If early bird is $175.00, when you sign up for conference cash club can you pay $175.00, or do you have to pay the $200.00?

When you sign up for Conference Club you tell them how much to take out of your commission check each month. I actually did the highest amount for NC - $500 - but it is spread over about 8 months, so I don't "feel" it. When you register, the money comes out of your account for early bird (if you make it) or regular price. If there is anything left in the account, it will be put into your next commission check.

Actually, if you use Conference club, you get the early bird price, whether you make the deadline or not. :) Just another benefit!

I also thought that if you did sign up for Conference Club, you are guaranteed the early bird price. Anyone else think that that's correct?

I've done conference club since they've started it. Works so much better for me with my show schedule. That way I only have to worry about airfare and or hotel when the time comes.

Thanks Ann!

I think we're sharing a brain today!

finley1991 said:
Thanks Ann!

I think we're sharing a brain today!
I know! I think that's the third thread today that we were typing the same thing in response at the same time! :)

finley1991 said:
I've done conference club since they've started it. Works so much better for me with my show schedule. That way I only have to worry about airfare and or hotel when the time comes.
You need to come on the Mega Bus with us! My round-trip was $17 this year.

Christ Follower said:

I hear you! I'm in California too and it's an arm and a leg to go to Leadership but it's worth it. I know a Director who's husband was opposed to PC and even said he "hated PC!" Everything changed when she earned her first incentive trip and took him on a cruise. When they got back he agreed to talk to her team at her training meeting about the wonderful experience he had and added that "he couldn't wait to go on the next trip." LOL There's a goal for you!

What is the extra $ for?? If conference is $200 then the extra $350 (if you do $550) is for what exactly??

PCwithStay-C said:
What is the extra $ for?? If conference is $200 then the extra $350 (if you do $550) is for what exactly??
It's a way to save for transportation and spending money. HO refunds the unused portion to you. And since spouses can attend conference (but not Leadership), you can use some of it for DH's registration. ;)

chefann said:
It's a way to save for transportation and spending money. HO refunds the unused portion to you. And since spouses can attend conference (but not Leadership), you can use some of it for DH's registration. ;)

Cool. Thanks Ann :D Im guessing its just spouses and not children right?? Hate to leave my 2yr old home by herself :p hehehe

OK I just read the meeting rules and answered my own question!!

They do have nursing rooms at Conference, but you can't bring the babies into any other parts of conference, so you'd need to have a sitter/spouse.

Conference is a great couple of days AWAY from the kids and spouse!

chefann said:
Conference is a great couple of days AWAY from the kids and spouse!

I like the sound of this MUCH better!!

Another question (sorry, if I go this will be my first conference, if you couldnt tell :p)

Does everyone stay in the same hotel? Or do you just stay wherever?? I know some conferences block out rooms in hotels, does PC do this?

chefann said:
You need to come on the Mega Bus with us! My round-trip was $17 this year.

We did MegaBus too but I didn't book early enough... my ticket was $30. Last year I scored though... $9.50 round-trip!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PCwithStay-C said:
Does everyone stay in the same hotel? Or do you just stay wherever?? I know some conferences block out rooms in hotels, does PC do this?
They block out rooms at usually 3 hotels. They're typically about $150 a night before taxes. Many clusters share rooms - 4 people in a room = less per person. :) HO has buses that run between the official hotels and the Convention Center.

Some people get rooms at less expensive hotels that are within walking distance of the official ones. Then they walk to catch the shuttles.

finley1991 said:
We did MegaBus too but I didn't book early enough... my ticket was $30. Last year I scored though... $9.50 round-trip!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I think that's what I paid last year, too! It definitely frees up some cash for spending money. :) And because I work downtown, my cluster drives down and we use my parking pass to park the car, so nobody has to pay for it.

;) Thanks for the info! I just signed up for conference club. Can't wait till NC 2008!

What is the megabus?

chefann said:
I think that's what I paid last year, too! It definitely frees up some cash for spending money. :) And because I work downtown, my cluster drives down and we use my parking pass to park the car, so nobody has to pay for it.

NICE!!!!

For those of you in the metro areas of: Cleveland, Cincinnati, Columbus, Indianapolis, Kansas City, Louisville, Milwaukee, Minneapolis, Pittsburgh, St. Louis or Toledo... you can check out low cost inter city travel and get AMAZING rates to and from Chicago!

It looks like now they've added some west coast cities with Los Angeles being the hub.

It's so worth it... check it out!!!!!

Too bad they don't have a Detroit to Cincinnati bus... I would so be doing that for Leadership this year instead of driving!

<h2>1. What is the cost to attend the 2008 Conference?</h2><p>The cost to attend the 2008 Pampered Chef Conference is $200.</p><h2>2. Is there a discount for Conference Club members?</h2><p>Yes, Conference Club members receive a discounted rate of $200 for the 2008 Conference.</p><h2>3. What is included in the cost of attending the 2008 Conference?</h2><p>The cost of attending the 2008 Conference includes access to all conference events, workshops, and sessions, as well as meals and networking opportunities.</p><h2>4. Are there any additional fees or expenses to consider?</h2><p>While the $200 registration fee covers most conference expenses, attendees may need to cover the cost of transportation, lodging, and any optional activities or merchandise that they choose to purchase.</p><h2>5. Can I pay for the conference in installments?</h2><p>Unfortunately, we do not offer payment plans for conference registration. The full $200 fee must be paid at the time of registration.</p>

1. What is the cost to attend the 2008 Conference?

The cost to attend the 2008 Pampered Chef Conference is $200.

2. Is there a discount for Conference Club members?

Yes, Conference Club members receive a discounted rate of $200 for the 2008 Conference.

3. What is included in the cost of attending the 2008 Conference?

The cost of attending the 2008 Conference includes access to all conference events, workshops, and sessions, as well as meals and networking opportunities.

4. Are there any additional fees or expenses to consider?

While the $200 registration fee covers most conference expenses, attendees may need to cover the cost of transportation, lodging, and any optional activities or merchandise that they choose to purchase.

5. Can I pay for the conference in installments?

Unfortunately, we do not offer payment plans for conference registration. The full $200 fee must be paid at the time of registration.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PCSarahjm
  • National Conferences and Meetings
Replies
Views
chefpenny99
  • cookingwithdawn
  • National Conferences and Meetings
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • PampChefDeb