• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Much Have You Paid for a Booth, Where, and for How Long?

C
chelynn
This is the first booth opportunity I've had, but it seems so expensive. Just wondering what others have paid for something like this. :)

I would be paying $250 for three days, 29 total hours, for a booth at a mall during a Home-Based Business Event.

I will be paying $225 for a booth for the TOH cooking school and it is only 3 hrs?? so $250 is an awsome deal. But it is not a deal if you do not do follow up calls.

Good point Jennie! :)

That is definitely a good deal. My director used to do weekend-long events that ran anywhere from $1200 - $1800 for the weekend, so $250 is a steal, IMO!! You're only paying $8.60 per hour - we paid about $60 each for our 2 hour slots, and 2 people were in each slot (ACK!)

Booth ExpenseI do many booths. The last two years, my best one has been a 3-day event (Th-Sat) and only 5 hours each day. It's $275 and I've sold a lot there and gained lots of shows. Key is definitely immediate follow-up with those completing the drawing slips.

Okay, so I'm getting a steal. :) I am now changing my perspective, lol! Thanks ladies!

I must really be getting a steal!! I am payiny $30 for my booth. For the whole weekend ... but am only setting up on Saturday from 8-5 it is outside and there is noway I can leave my PC items there over night. I might just down size my booth for Sunday if Saturday has a great turn out.

Jennie is totally right! The key is following up within 48 hours. I walk away with sales and bookings because I follow-up. Those who don't follow-up within this time period will find their money and time wasted.

Wait until you try to work a Bridal Show. $500 is normal for 4 hours.

If I do the bridal show myself (which I'm planning on b/c I need/want all of the bookings) am I going to be swamped? I better organize my butt off! I'm definitely having a drawing box, which I'll get my contact info from...OH, and how do I handle catalogs? I don't want people walking off with all of my catalogs...or do I?

chefcampy63 said:
If I do the bridal show myself (which I'm planning on b/c I need/want all of the bookings) am I going to be swamped? I better organize my butt off! I'm definitely having a drawing box, which I'll get my contact info from...OH, and how do I handle catalogs? I don't want people walking off with all of my catalogs...or do I?
Yes, those are my questions too! If I try to work most of it myself, is that crazy? I want the leads! But I don't want to be so swamped that I can't handle it. Also, I have a ton of S/S catalogs, is it okay to hand those out? Or should I do the new ones so they have the new products? Ack, what to do!

Catalogues are expensive and at these shows / fairs a lot of people collect them onefrom each booth, only to throw them away w/o looking at them.
I usually only display 1 or 2. If people ask, I explain that I only brought a couple (almost true) and offer them my business card with my PWS on it. I tell them they can browse the catalogue online. If they seem truly interested in ordering and don't have internet access, I'll part with a catalogue (I usually bring about 24 / day).
If you have old catalogues, that is an awesome way to distribute them. I'd give them to anyone who asked:)
I agree that the key is in the follow up. The booth with pay for itself with only a couple of shows -- but you have to book those shows.

The way many bridal shows work, they have the brides visit the booths at a certain time period, so they're all converging on you at once and it's hard to talk to all of them at the same time. It's good if you can have information available for them to take if you're busy with another customer, but if it's going to be a big one (ask the promoters/organizers what is normal), you may want to ask someone to do it with you. I did one by myself this summer, but it was manageable. I also did another one this summer that was HUGE, and could never have done it without another girl from my team! It just depends on the expected turnout. Good luck!

chelynn said:
This is the first booth opportunity I've had, but it seems so expensive. Just wondering what others have paid for something like this. :)

I would be paying $250 for three days, 29 total hours, for a booth at a mall during a Home-Based Business Event.

I always look at from a show stand point...book 3 shows and you've made your money back (on average we make $100 a show)...you will have to follow up as well. If it is too steep right now, consider going forces with someone! Hope this helps!

I worked an outside festival in a small town and the cost was $80 for half Friday, all day Saturday and half day Sunday. We had two shows scheduled and held and a few catalog shows that didn't work out.

We also did a county fair and the cost was $200 for the 8 day fair. We had about 7 shows booked with 3 held, 2 cancelled, 2 in the future (as of 09/01/2007).

Both times I was the only consultant that showed up (except for the one that set it all up), so we split the hours, the cost, and the slips evenly.

All of the shows on my schedule are now results from doing the booths.

So even thought it cost me $140 (splitting the cost of both booths) I have made it back and more. It was well worth my time and cost. By the way, I gave information about the how our booth worked and what resulted on this thread:

http://www.chefsuccess.com/f3/ideas-interactive-fair-festival-booth-22591/

Hope this helps give you some idea of what you can get with a booth. And as everyone will tell you, follow-up is key. I am sending recipe cards to the 'don't call me' crowd, thanking them for stopping in. And also calling all the others netted more shows.

That is a steal! We have a home event coming up at our convention center and they want $400 for all day and that is just too much for me right now - plus I have a booth the next week anyway at a church bazaar that always does well and this was $75.

The most I have paid was $325 for Taste of Home and I split it with another consultant. That one worked out well. It was two years ago and led to 3 bookings which in turn I am still getting bookings from and got a recruit (she has since gone inactive) but it was still all good!

chelynn said:
Yes, those are my questions too! If I try to work most of it myself, is that crazy? I want the leads! But I don't want to be so swamped that I can't handle it. Also, I have a ton of S/S catalogs, is it okay to hand those out? Or should I do the new ones so they have the new products? Ack, what to do!

Chelsea -

I do a bridal expo twice a year, with one other clustermate. It works out very well that way, (just one). We also do not hand out catalogs we give them the wedding registry brochure, (less expensive). When you do a bridal expo you'll find that these new brides are so overwhelmed they really don't have a lot of time to chat. They fill out a registry form, which I've attached, and move on their way. I set them up on my registry without obligation and they'll receive an email, if they fill it out great if not I still follow up for a show. There is so much for them to see, they grab and go. Our table is a 4ft table and costs us $325, we don't bring a lot of products just the basic bridal registry stuff. It works out pretty well. Hope this helps!!!

Sorry forgot to upload:eek:

Attachments

• WeddingRegistry-COMPLETEFORM.doc
    32 KB · Views: 434
Stuff to takeI just did a booth at a flea market this weekend--take the new Round Stone with handles if you have it!! That drew more people to my booth than anything else I took. I also had a few small items (Easy Opener, Flour Sugar Shaker) to sell (catalog price plus sales tax) and a drawing for $25 in free product. I did not sell many item outright, but the smaller items drew people to one end of table, and the drawing to the other end, so I had them to talk to about monthly specials, booking, etc. I have one confirmed cooking show, one confirmed catalog show, 9 people who definitely want shows--call for a date, two wedding shows and two wedding registries--it was a great weekend!

I got some great insight reading this. I am paying $250 for a booth at our county fair end of this month. It is for 5 days. Not too bad. I have at least 1 other that is willing to participate. I have thought about doing a bridal by myself since none of my clustermates (including director) will actually let me know anything. We have talked about if for over a year and nothing. I think I will try it. Thanks!

i usually just give a mini with a recipe inside

I always pull a current catalog apart and put it in the clear pages in a 3-ring binder - get one that has a clear pocket on the front to slide our cover down into. This is great to have. I take a few current catalogs but not many. I have a ton of older catalogs and I give them those and direct them to my website. If they book right there, and I feel like it is a solid booking, I give them a host packet, otherwise I followup when I get home and mail a packet.

I do a raffle for a free product or a gift certificate - or a free show. I have really found that the prize or gc gets more people - then you have their info and you can always call a winner and everyone else gets the free show. I usually have the survey slips out with pens in a small SA and a couple little cutting boards for them to use to bear down on while writing. I have a sign that says "Enter to win a prize" in a lucite frame. The slips go in the large SS Bowl. I try to talk to everyone. My director keeps the survey slips in the pocket of her apron and approaches everyone - if you are busy tho, that can be hard.

Our recipe cards, stamped with your info are a great handout - there are also some good fair flyers on this site with recipes and info on hosting and our business.

Where I live several consultants will do booth set-ups together if they are expensive.

County Fair - $125 my local fair
8 consultants
$15.63
Monday - Saturday 3 - 10pm
- - No orders this year - 3 shows - hoping to have bookings off of them

Home Show - $400
8 consultants
$25.00
Friday 4 - 9pm
Saturday 10am - 10pm
Sunday 1 - 5pm
- - I got about $75 - $100 orders here - This year I got one booking that has bloomed into 4 shows

Hurricane Event - $25 :thumbup:
Just me - usually - this set-up is twice a year and have done it for 2 years now
Saturday 9am - 1pm
- - I will get about $100 in orders and people will call me from time to time asking questions

Country Fair - $32 next county over in next state - they called me to set up
Just me :balloon:
$32 :thumbup: can you believe that price - includes 1 - 8' table
Monday - Saturday 4 - 10 pm
- - Got 2 orders for about $50 - 4 shows (not to bad for the price)

Hertiage Days - $100 (June 2006)
5 Consultants
$20
Saturday 10am - 6pm
Sunday 12 - 5pm
- - didn't set up this year but last year got 3 shows and $75 in orders

I don't give out catalogs unless they have no internet access.(I ask!) I've never had an order from a catalog I handed out. I use recipe cards as my business cards and tell people about the great recipes I keep on my website. I will talk about a specific recipe, so they will go check it out. While they are signing the slip, I have about 1 minute to get a booking, recruit, or whatever I want to focus on. (A lot of times I will focus on the e-invite advantage since many at fairs come from out of town. I let them know they can have a show with friends/family from out of town and state). I have a drawing for an item and a sign for signing up for a free cooking show (I buy ingredients), when they are filling out the drawing slip I ask them are you wanting the free cooking show? If so, I pull out my calendar and offer them the free cooking show with a scheduled show right now. It works! My last event I booked 6 right there. I gave them the host packet, which I put in a decorative gift bag that I put the PC clear sticker on (They have a nice bag to carry around the event and they are advertising PC). Dollar store has sets of 2 bags for $1.00. I used a lavendar one to match the color of the season.FOLLOW UP WITHIN 48 HOURS!!! Be assertive: There is a difference between this and pushy. I get results. Over Sep./Oct I now have 21 cooking/catalog shows that came from my July event and 3-2-1. (My 3 a day mostly in person around town:)

Last edited:
Julie - I love the bag idea! I usually just hand them a packet and the bag is such a great idea for a fair. I will have to order some of those labels!

cindy,Those labels are awesome!! I use them on folders for host packets too. It makes them look professional. Ironically, I just placed a supply order July 31, but forgot to get more of these labels and Season's Best. Oh well, I can do now that Sep. is here. No extra shipping cost.

Silly me, the stickers are not on the supply order. I bought these through Nancy's. I will have to look at merrill supply list.

Cool Julie - I was just gonna say "can we get them from PC" - because I need to place a small supply order too. So Merrill it is....I have won them a couple time at cluster meetings I've just never bought them myself and I ran out. They will be a good thing to have!

Have you seen where a few consultants have done a "show in a bag" - kinda the same concept. At the fair you have plates, cups, napkins along with the hostess packet in a bigger gift bag. I might do up a few of those and see how things go. You can get the paper products cheap at the Dollar Tree. I am helping at a fair the end of this month, and then the church bazaar by myself the end of October. That is a great one - they are doing some awesome advertising already for me and the other vendors participating.

Awesome ideas ladies! Thank you!!

(and keep them coming if you've got them!) :)

1. What is the average cost for a booth at a Home-Based Business Event?

The average cost for a booth at a Home-Based Business Event can vary depending on the location, duration, and size of the event. However, it is common for booth fees to range from $200 to $500 for a three-day event.

2. Is $250 a reasonable price for a booth at a mall during a Home-Based Business Event?

The cost of a booth at a mall during a Home-Based Business Event can also vary depending on the mall's location and popularity. Generally, $250 for a three-day event is a reasonable price for a booth at a mall.

3. How does the booth fee compare to other advertising and marketing expenses?

The cost of a booth at a Home-Based Business Event should be considered as an investment in advertising and marketing. Compared to other forms of advertising, such as print or digital ads, a booth at an event allows for direct interaction with potential customers and can potentially lead to higher sales and brand awareness.

4. Are there any additional costs or fees associated with a booth at a Home-Based Business Event?

In addition to the booth fee, there may be additional costs such as electricity, Wi-Fi, or special equipment rental. It is important to carefully read the event contract and ask for a breakdown of all costs to ensure there are no surprises.

5. How can I make the most out of my booth investment?

To make the most out of your booth investment, it is important to have a well-designed and eye-catching display, engage with potential customers, and have promotional materials or special offers available. Pre-event marketing and social media promotion can also help attract more visitors to your booth.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
noelskitchen
  • kaycee605
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
chefann
  • chelynn
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies