• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Booth at the Mall Home-Based Business Event!!!

C
chelynn
I just found out that the mall two blocks from me is having a Home-Based Business Event in two weeks, so I called to see if they had a PC booth yet...

AND THEY DON'T! IT'S MINE IF I WANT IT!

I am so excited! But I have no idea what to do with it. I can work all day Sunday, but I would need someone else to help with Friday/Saturday (have a show Saturday night). How does that work? What should I do? Help! :)

I left a message for my director to get her help, and one for my recruiter to see if she wants to do it with me.

DO IT! Find out what the fee is for the weekend, and how many people can help you out with time slots/whatever, and break down the cost between everyone who takes a slot.

Set up your table with the New Consultant Kit and samples from each of our major lines - Cookware, Stoneware, Simple Additions and Wovens (if you have them - if not, borrow from Director or Recruiter). Have Table Top Flip Charts with current/upcoming months' specials and the product cards in it.

Do a drawing of some sort - can be for a GC or an extra product you have in stock. Do your own drawing for your own time slot and let the others do their own, if they wish. If you can, have some sort of September Newsletter flyer to hand out that has a recipe on it, that way, you can ask people if they "want a free recipe?" as they walk by, and usually they'll take it (and have all of your other info, too!).

Be in front of your table - not behind it or sitting down - and keep a smile on your face at all times. Be friendly and say "Hello" to everyone and ask them if they are familiar with PC - if so, great, if not, tell them!

Booths are a great way to get future booking and recruiting leads, so focus on them. You probably won't get a ton of sales, but may get a handful, so be prepared with receipts and catalogs.

HTH - good luck and let us know how it goes!

Thanks for all the great ideas Cathy! I just need to find someone to share it with, and I am totally going to do it. I am so excited! :)

That sounds like a great opprotunity for you! I would definitely take it if I came upon it! Good Luck!

Okay, I just wanted to add that you should really think about if you want to do a drawing or not.

How much time do you have to make the follow-up calls? If you do not do a drawing then you are only getting the contact information from people who are truly interested in PC or are looking for a consultant. With a drawing you get a bunch of people checking off every box on the slip because they think it increases their chances of winning. You also get people who could care less about PC and just want to win a prize.

If I were you I would ask people as they walk by if they would like a FREE recipe card. Then try to engage them in a conversation. Then I ask them if they are familiar with PC. My next question is, "Do you have a consultant that you are working with?" That lets me know right away if they are a genuine lead. So when I get home I may not have 150 lead slips, but only 25-50, but they are people that are looking for a PC consultant and want to do business with me.

That's just a different approach. You work it the way you are comfortable.

Oh and CONGRATULATIONS!!

I do a drawing for a free show where I bring the food and paper/plasticware. This way there is no exciting prise for those that are not interested in PC but there is an incentive for someone to book.

Question 1: How do I secure a booth at the mall's Home-Based Business Event?

To secure a booth at the mall's Home-Based Business Event, you will need to contact the event organizers and inquire about availability and pricing. You may also need to submit an application or registration form and provide information about your business.

Question 2: Is there a deadline for securing a booth?

It is best to contact the event organizers as soon as possible to secure a booth. Booth availability may be limited and the event may reach capacity quickly. It is recommended to secure your booth at least a few weeks in advance.

Question 3: Can I work the booth by myself?

Yes, you can work the booth by yourself on Sunday. However, for Friday and Saturday, it is recommended to have someone else help you. This will allow for breaks and ensure that the booth is always staffed during the busy event.

Question 4: How can I find someone to help me with the booth on Friday and Saturday?

You can reach out to your director or recruiter to see if they are available to help you with the booth. You can also ask friends or family members who may be interested in supporting your business.

Question 5: What should I do to prepare for the event?

Make sure you have enough products and marketing materials for the event. Plan out your booth setup and think about how you can make it visually appealing to attract customers. You may also want to promote the event on your social media channels to generate interest and attract potential customers.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chelynn
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
chelynn
Replies
Views
ShellBeach
  • sarahsellcm
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies