• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Renting a Booth at the Mall: Is it Worth It?

In summary, the costs associated with renting a booth at the mall can vary depending on location, size, and duration of the rental. It may include a daily or weekly fee and a percentage of sales, as well as a security deposit or application fee. Whether it is worth it for a Pampered Chef business depends on individual factors such as target audience and budget. Customizing the booth to reflect the brand may be possible, but it is important to check with mall management first. Special permits and insurance may be required, and tracking the success of the booth rental can be done through sales and customer feedback.
sarahsellcm
Silver Member
Has anyone ever set a booth up at their local mall? I am thinking about renting a booth for a week but want to know if it is worth it. For those that have rented the booth what was your outcome? Did you get some shows from it?

I think if I can get one or two other consultants to help me with this it would be better. The booth for the week is $400 whereas just for the weekend is $360 so I should just rent it for the whole week.

If I do this what should I take to set up? What should I expect? Our mall has roughly 400,000 visitors a month so I might get some shows from this. Let me know. THanks

I'm interested to hear about this too.

I don't know if this is allowed, since we are usually not allowed to sell in retail outlets. The only way I believe we are allowed to set up in a mall is if it is associated with an expo. I would read the business guide or call HO first to be sure!

Mary

It would take quite a few people since the mall is open from 10am until 9 or 10 at night usually. I would set up one side with the New Consultant Kit. I would set up the opposite side tropically for The Taste of Tropics theme. Then on you other 2 sides I would just display the SSB and maybe pics of stuff (check out the picture files--someone posted their booth and they had a tri-fold display that looked AWESOME).

Good luck with this! I hope it works for you.

Hello! I have set up a booth at my local mall before and it was definitely worth it. I was able to get a few shows from it and also gained new customers. I highly recommend having a few other consultants help you out, as it can get busy and having more people to assist you will make the experience smoother. In terms of what to take and expect, I suggest having a variety of products on display, as well as some catalogs and business cards for potential customers to take. You can also offer a special promotion or discount for those who book a show at the booth. As for expectations, it's hard to say for sure, but with 400,000 visitors a month, you have a great chance of getting some shows and gaining exposure for your business. Good luck with your booth!

1. What are the costs associated with renting a booth at the mall?

The costs for renting a booth at the mall vary depending on the location, size of the booth, and the duration of the rental. Generally, expect to pay a daily or weekly fee, as well as a percentage of your sales to the mall. Some malls may also require a security deposit or application fee.

2. Is it worth it to rent a booth at the mall for my Pampered Chef business?

The answer to this question depends on your individual business and goals. Renting a booth at the mall can provide a lot of foot traffic and exposure for your products. However, it also comes with costs and may not be the most effective marketing strategy for all businesses. Consider your target audience and budget before making a decision.

3. Can I customize my booth at the mall to reflect my Pampered Chef brand?

Most malls have guidelines and restrictions on booth displays, so it's important to check with the mall management before making any changes. However, you can still incorporate your brand into your booth design through banners, signage, and product displays.

4. Do I need any special permits or insurance to rent a booth at the mall?

It's important to check with your local and state regulations to see if any special permits or insurance are required for renting a booth at the mall. The mall may also have their own requirements, so be sure to inquire with them as well.

5. How can I track the success of my booth rental at the mall?

You can track the success of your booth rental by keeping track of your sales and comparing them to the costs associated with the rental. You can also ask shoppers how they found your booth and if they would consider purchasing from you again in the future. This can help you determine the effectiveness of the booth rental for your business.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• iteachncook
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
vanscootin
  • iteachncook
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • Ericanaysha