• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Many Times to Call a Lead???

In summary, if you don't hear back from someone after trying to contact them, respect their time by moving on.
Kathytnt
I am curous to know how many time people follow up or try to follow up with people I heard one advanced director say she tried to call and e-mail twice. If they don't have the courtesy to return her message she throws the lead slip in the trash. Other schools of thought are call until they tell you to go away LOL! And I guess I have been fortunate that no one has been rude to me like they have been to one of my PC friends. You put a yes or a maybe on my door prize slip you will be heearing from me

3 times for me.

3 strikes you're out

Dang you ladies are fast - I didn't even realize the posting was out there and there were already two answers

If someone tells me they want to have a show, I call many more times than three. I try different days and my messages are quick ("sorry I missed you. You can call me back at -xxx-xxxx or I'll try you back at a later date"). I usually don't try days in a row, I space it out to once a week and then even less frequently until I catch up with them and get the answer of yes I'm ready to host now or no I'm not (and then I find out if I should try to get in touch with them later at a time in their lives that will be more convenient).

Respectful persistence pays off.

If we are talking recruit leads, I would probably call up to 5 or 6 times and then put the ball in their court (if they've not shown continued interest). If they are still acting like they are interested, I ask them how they want me to stay in touch -- keep updated on new consultant incentives? every three months? Then I do what they've asked me to do.

Last edited:
I see there is a restraining order trend among Cheffers - Perhaps this should be a workshop at Conference

I don't wait for a restraining order, but until they tell me no, not ever.

I will admit if it as an older lead I am more nervous. Fresh leads are always better to me. My goals help me get on the phone.

chefjeanine said:
If someone tells me they want to have a show, I call many more times than three. I try different days and my messages are quick ("sorry I missed you. You can call me back at -xxx-xxxx or I'll try you back at a later date"). I usually don't try days in a row, I space it out to once a week and then even less frequently until I catch up with them and get the answer of yes I'm ready to host now or no I'm not (and then I find out if I should try to get in touch with them later at a time in their lives that will be more convenient).

If we are talking recruit leads, I would probably call up to 5 or 6 times and then put the ball in their court (if they've not shown continued interest). If they are still acting like they are interested, I ask them how they want me to stay in touch -- keep updated on new consultant incentives? every three months? Then I do what they've asked me to do.

I basically do what Jeanine does.

I was exagerating a little about the restraining order - Just politely tell me no if you are not interested.

I had one lead that I tried calling. Her husband picked up the phone and asked me who it was. I said, "This is Sandra with the Pampered Chef" I heard him tell her in the background. Next thing you know he hangs up on me. I was PISSED!!! She gave me her phone number! I wasn't rude! She indicated that she wanted to host a show.

Soooo....I called right back (well after 10 minutes of fuming). When he answered I said, "Hello this is Sandra with PC again. I think we must have been disconnected somehow." Then he finally says, "Well, no. We're just not interested." I said, "Well thank you for telling me and being honest." Before I could get the whole sentence out he hung up AGAIN!! I wanted to call back and scream at them! But I didn't. I just threw the card away...after ripping into many many shreds!

I did a fair in August of 2006 and had a lead from it. I usually stay in touch with her every 3-4 weeks. Last month I invited her to our cluster meeting. She brought a co-worker and now they are both looking at joining. I believe it is all in the timing. Just stay friendly and welcoming and soon or later I'll have her/their signatures. Patience is a virtue.:)

Why is that people have such a problem with saying No Thank you I am not interested or I have changed my mind. The only time I think I have eer hung up on someone is an old pycho boyfriend (VERY brief relationship) that would not go away and I still usually say that I am going to hang up the phone now

I am pretty persistant. One person I called back periodically for over a year and her sister signed. I also had a person last week that cancelled a show and I was calling to rebook and she hung up on me also!

Ann

chefjeanine said:

I do basically what Jeanine does as well. I may even ask them outright if they still have interest because I don't want to be a Pampered Stalker if they are no longer interested.

DizziePixie said:
I do basically what Jeanine does as well. I may even ask them outright if they still have interest because I don't want to be a Pampered Stalker if they are no longer interested.
EXACTLY!!!

I pretty much try three contacts (call write and email if I have all three), then put it aside until the next season for another contact. I keep them as "potential" in PP until they say no.

Related to How Many Times to Call a Lead???

1. How many times should I call a lead before giving up?

The number of times you should call a lead before giving up can vary depending on the situation. However, it is generally recommended to make at least 3 attempts to reach the lead before considering them unresponsive. This gives them enough chances to see your message and respond.

2. How often should I call a lead?

It is important to find a balance between being persistent and being too pushy. Generally, calling a lead once a week is a good frequency. This gives them enough time to consider your offer and respond, without feeling overwhelmed by constant calls.

3. Is it better to call a lead during the day or in the evening?

The best time to call a lead can vary depending on their schedule and preferences. However, it is generally recommended to call during business hours (9am-5pm) as this is when people are most likely to be available to take calls. Avoid calling early in the morning or late at night as this can be seen as intrusive.

4. Should I leave a voicemail when calling a lead?

Leaving a voicemail can be a good way to show persistence and ensure your message is heard. However, it is important to keep it short and to the point. Mention your name, company, and reason for calling. Avoid leaving a long, detailed message as this can be overwhelming for the lead.

5. What should I do if a lead never responds to my calls?

If a lead never responds to your calls, it may be time to try a different approach. Consider reaching out through other channels, such as email or social media. It is also important to regularly review and update your lead list to focus on those who are more likely to respond.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• lisatx04
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
pchefinski
  • Meigs
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • janetupnorth