• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Many Rofth Trivets Have You Sold?

In summary, the new trivets are selling like hotcakes, and the expert summarizer suggests several methods to increase sales.
dannyzmom
Gold Member
When we had the ROFTH stoneware molds, I think I only EVER sold one...literally ONE. Nobody wanted them.

Since we brought out the new trivets - OMG...they're selling!!! I have already sold 31 of them...that is $62 to the food banks!!

How many have you sold?

What are you doing to sell them?

I keep forgetting to get it out. I tell them they can round up their orders, but forget to show the trivet. I always pull out the hot dish, and realize I forgot the trivet at home. I will have to keep it in the crate.

I haven't had a lot of luck with these but when I do sell them they ususally buy 2 or 3 at a time.
I tell them about the RUFTH donation and talk up what great gifts they make...new neighbors, housewarming gifts, teachers, etc.
so they either buy 0 or more than 1.:rolleyes:

I keep my trivet in my STG case. Since i started bringing it to my shows and showing it I have been selling a lot more. I pass it around. I tell them how it makes a great gift and they should keep a few on hand for last minute hostess gifts, teacher/coach gifts etc. I hold it up againt the wall to show how nice it looks displayed on a wall, too. These are all tips, I believe I got from someone on this site (cuz God knows I am not bright enough to think of them myself - LOL) that have served me VERY well!!

I show it at every party - it takes like no space in the crate. Some parties no one buys and other parties several do. You never know who might love it!

I gave them to my son's teachers for an end of the year thank you. We put a flower in a pretty pot on top of them and presented them that way. It looked so nice. They were thrilled! (Might be a selling suggestion for someone else.)

I bring it to every show and talk about it when I talk about rounding up. I have almost $300 in round up donations and have sold 43 trivets. I pass it around so everyone can feel it and see it.

I also take it with me to every show - I have sold 25 and I didn't sell a single heart mold (of course I started selling in Nov. of 2005 so it was only 6 or 7 months)

People do like them and it is a good gift idea too...

Hmm, what are you ladies saying to sell so many? I take it with me at all shows and do talk about it but only have sold like 2 I think! What's your secret to success lines....? Thanks!

I am kind of bummed I haven't sold more - Only 6 I think they are very pretty I try to bring mine with me to every show

I only take it with me to craft fairs, but I have sold a few-12. It got scratched in my crate and it does not look so great--do you think they's replace it? Are scratches covered under warranty?

My mom noticed that hers is getting scratched from using it with stoneware.

I have sold 11 of them. I always forget to take it with me to shows. Mine is also scratched from my DH using it and I just tell them that it obviosly gets used when I pass it around

Mine is getting a little scratched, too, but I still LOVE it! I bring it to all my shows, I gave them away as door prizes for my HWC fundraisers, and I tell everyone how cheap they are, what great gifts they make, and what a difference they make! I also tell people that they are the first in a collectible series! Get in on the collection NOW!

I keep mine in the box it came in so it doesn't get scratched. Oh, and I've never used it as a trivet. :) It just stays in my kit so I never have to remember to pack it.

I have sold 6 since starting in Jan.

I love these trivets. I like them alot more than the Stoneware Heart Molds. I thought the molds were really cute, but these are a better product.

At the beginning of my show I point out the Round-Up heart on the form. I talk about how long PC has been making the contribution and how they can help with their order. Then I pull out the trivet and explain to them how it is part of the program. I let everyone hold it and see it up close. I tell them that it is cast aluminum with a copper plating and that it makes a nice wall ornament as well as a table trivet. I also point out that in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina it was America's Second Harvest that brought food to the survivors. I mention that American Idol just did a tour at a Los Angeles facility and that money donated from the party that they are at benefits the local food bank. What Pampered Chef does is take the host's zip code then finds the closest America's Second Harvest food bank to that zip code and donates their money there. I also mention that they can feed a family of 4 for about $1...every penny helps.

For those of you not mentioning this take some of the words offered in this thread and put them in your demo. People will donate if they understand the program.

I have sold 20 and I havent had that many shows (due to ongoing illness). But like everyone else, I bring it to every show & talk about it with the Round up program. Mine has scratches too from use with the stoneware. I think it adds character. (I personally am not a big fan of shiny copper. )

I am sure to tell everyone that they are a great "closet gift". They are small so they dont take up much space. Everyone needs one in their closet for when that unexpected visitor stops by.

I also gave them as end of the year teacher gifts with a note attached with sentiments along the lines of "Thank you for being so giving of your heart..."

Since they are hearts, they always make a perfect thank you.

I am always sure to mention that the donation goes to the LOCAL chapter of the food bank because it is based on the customers zip code. i hear a lot of "oh's" over that too.

Good luck,
Kristi

I have never sold one. I love mine! Maybe I need to start taking it to shows.

Will they have a new one for Fall?

I've sold several. I do think showing it makes a difference. It's hard to tell much about it from the picture in the catalog.

12 since Sept. 06:)

jrstephens said:
I have never sold one. I love mine! Maybe I need to start taking it to shows.

Will they have a new one for Fall?

I believe they will. When we had the molds they were different each season. On the back of the trivet it is dated so I assume that the design will change in the fall.

Chef Kearns said:
I believe they will. When we had the molds they were different each season. On the back of the trivet it is dated so I assume that the design will change in the fall.

Yep - they'll be announcing the new one at National Conference.

I sell them at my shows becasue they think it's a lovely pot holder for the table LOL

I also mention that America's Second Harvest was the organization mentioned on American Idol and give quick stats about it.
I love the closet gift suggestion --duh--I actually have a gift closet so when there's a party or event I have agift ready to go--it is usually some type of direct sales item. However, the trivet is my go to gift for ALL housewarmings. Anyone have a go to birthday gift that is PC? For my female cousins I usually do spa type products (BeautiControl, Arbonne, MK)--anyone do PC? I just can't think of something that is inexpensive enough but appropriate for a birthday (I have about 10 cousins/aunts and they are not huge cooking fans:( )

I've sold 45 trivets. I was married in December and gave them as gifts to my cake cutters. I also gave them as thank you gifts to some of the women who threw bridal showers for me. And, also gave some out at Christmas. I love them and share it at my shows.

I also give a little spiel at each show that goes like this:

Pampered Chef asks us to ask you to consider rounding your order up to the next dollar. Those extra nickels, dimes, pennies and quarters then go to a food pantry in this area as part of America's Second Harvest. There is a spot on your order form to round up your total. If you would like to round up your total, leave it blank and I will automatically round your total up for you. If you would prefer not to donate, just draw a line through that box.

I've collected $133.95 this year by doing this. I find it's easier to address it at the beginning and I really don't want to be asking every guest about rounding up at the end because I would rather focus then on sharing the opportunity and booking shows.

Then I talk about the trivet as well. I like the closet gift idea as well and will add that to my show.

MGG said:
For my female cousins I usually do spa type products (BeautiControl, Arbonne, MK)--anyone do PC? I just can't think of something that is inexpensive enough but appropriate for a birthday (I have about 10 cousins/aunts and they are not huge cooking fans:( )

What about a serrated knife and a box of beer bread? The towels or microfiber towels would be great as well. Until people use the microfiber towels, they don't realize how awesome they are. You could also give the hand soap or lotion. Or the pizza crust and a pizza cutter. Just some thoughts.

I've sold 18 trivets since I started in February. Since I started being very specific about what every dollar does (America's second harvest website states that they can provide SIXTEEN meals for every dollar donated) and that the purchase of the RUFTH Trivet provides 32 meals for needy families in the local area and is a useful product or a great gift, I've really increased my sales.

I also make sure to mention that not only can we round up to the nearest whole dollar but they can add additional money if they like -- at my last show two people added $2 plus the change round up (those 32 meals for $2 makes an impression).

I will be mentioning at all my summer shows that it's very important to help in the summer since the kids who normally get breakfast and lunch at school aren't getting anything when school is out.

ivykeep said:
I will be mentioning at all my summer shows that it's very important to help in the summer since the kids who normally get breakfast and lunch at school aren't getting anything when school is out.

There is a flyer to download behind CC about that very issue.

At last count, I have sold about 40 of them. One lady bought a few to give to her board as Christmas gifts. What an awesome idea!

I also tell people at my shows that I automatically round up the order, and if they have already done their charitble contributions for the year, I'll just remove it.

Cindy, I like how you changed it around and told people "if they want to round up to leave it blank". I have been saying "circle the heart if you want to round up". So many times people don't hear you so they do nothing. It's time for a change!!! Thank you.

Related to How Many Rofth Trivets Have You Sold?

How many Rofth trivets have you sold?

I have sold 31 Rofth trivets so far.

Why are you only selling the new trivets now?

The old ROFTH stoneware molds were not popular and did not sell well. However, since the introduction of the new trivets, there has been a significant increase in demand and sales.

How much do the trivets cost?

The trivets are currently priced at $2 each.

What are you doing to sell the trivets?

I am promoting the trivets through various channels such as social media, word of mouth, and collaborations with other businesses. I am also offering discounts and special deals to incentivize customers to purchase them.

Are you planning on selling more trivets in the future?

Yes, I am constantly exploring new designs and materials for trivets and plan to expand my collection in the future to continue supporting the food banks through sales.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
dannyzmom
  • heat123
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Gina M
  • Kathy's_Kitchen
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies