• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Many Recipes Do You Offer Host

In summary, the consultant offers a menu of 6 options for the month, with the option of dessert or dinner. They only offer 3 main dish choices and offer to do theme shows as well.
ttchic
I have been a consultant for 5 months now. I have a list of items(6 choices) I will prepare for the host including if she has more than 10 I will make a dessert. My question is...how often do you change your menu items or do you just choose certain things you will make that month and offer those items. I could really use some thoughts here...please

I usually pick a recipe and do it the whole month for every show. Occassionally I will offer my hosts an option of dessert or dinner, right now its the under $2 per servings recipes. I did offer my host for this Friday the Summer Berry Shortcakes or the Microwave Chicken Chili, because I have done both and it was a last minute booking. But I don't offer them choices anymore it just gets too hard. Paint the picture....this month I make making a delicious summer dessert blah blah.... This way I know everything I will need for the month and I don't have to keep repacking my kit for every show.

I choose a sweet and a savory and offer them for the entire season. I have a backup of both for bookings off of shows that will fall in the same season. So if show A wants a sweet and then the booking off of it also wants a sweet I have a backup to offer.

Jewel said:
I usually pick a recipe and do it the whole month for every show.

I do this too. Makes packing my kit and doing a good demo VERY easy.

I pick between 4-5 recipes per season. Lately I've been sticking with recipes out of the Season's Best so I already have material for it.

I offer 3 different main dish recipes and I'll toss in the Miracle Chocolate Cake if they have a lot of people coming (more that 12). I also offer to do theme shows, but I haven't had any takers yet.

Jewel said:
I usually pick a recipe and do it the whole month for every show. Occassionally I will offer my hosts an option of dessert or dinner, right now its the under $2 per servings recipes. I did offer my host for this Friday the Summer Berry Shortcakes or the Microwave Chicken Chili, because I have done both and it was a last minute booking. But I don't offer them choices anymore it just gets too hard. Paint the picture....this month I make making a delicious summer dessert blah blah.... This way I know everything I will need for the month and I don't have to keep repacking my kit for every show.

I LOVE the idea of 1 dish all month long. I wished I would have started this along time ago, It makes my life and job so much easier. I have only had 1 host who wanted something different, but other than that, if I am excited about a recipe, they are too.

I almost hate the recipe choice portion...for a dinner show I just gave a host 4 choices (two in the DCB stating about how we can do quick, easy, delicious and budget-friendly meals in the microwave in it--she's a teacher and she'll have some colleagues there) and she emailed me (missed my call)back stating, "I'm not so sure about the microwave meals. I understand that is what your focusing on, but I was wondering if you had anything else in mind. I'm sorry...you probably think I'm being really picky. The pizza does sound pretty good, but I thought I would see if you have anything else before I choose."This is a pretty common response from every host I've worked with--I never, as a host, received more than two recipe choices from any consultant I worked with and never was so "picky" about it. The other thing I don't like about giving them a few choices is then they ask how many they should choose--I state no more than 2, but one is better unless you enjoy listening to me talk all night :) I point out this is about getting together and enjoying a night with friends, too!I think I'll just have to say, this month I'm doing recipe Choice A or Choice B. Oh, I buckled and gave the host another couple recipe choices, but also stated we could do the DCB recipes in the oven if she felt better about that, lol. I felt like I had to since she's the sister of a good friend of mine...

ttchic said:
I have been a consultant for 5 months now. I have a list of items(6 choices) I will prepare for the host including if she has more than 10 I will make a dessert. My question is...how often do you change your menu items or do you just choose certain things you will make that month and offer those items. I could really use some thoughts here...please
This is what I send my host. Do you think this is WAY to much. Thanks

Attachments

• Menu-October-4.doc
    57 KB · Views: 462
Last edited:
ttchic said:

I think it's way too much. How do you find the time to pack and repack your kit?? Plus, doing 2 recipes, how long do your shows run?

I know I sound like a broken record, but honestly, give the 1 recipe all month long a try. I was forced kicking and screaming into the idea, but now, LOVE IT!!

I will make the dessert before guest get there. I have heard offering a dessert for 10-12 or more confirmed guests gets your host working a harder. The only dessert I really end up doing is the 12 min. cake which is sooo easy and impressive. So my shows don't really run any longer than normal 45-min. I am really trying to streamline things though. I love the thought of only packing once all month..just don't know if I could only offer one. Will definitely think about it.

I think it is too much as well. It is also too "wordy". I must have ADD so if I see something like that I wouldn't take the time to read it all.

Maybe if you streamlined it with only the "meat and potatoes". Just my thoughts.

So does everyone send a letter to the host with the menu or do you tell them during the host coaching? I would love to see some examples. I'm still learning this part and to steamline here would help me a TON!

Thank you!!

lmradlein said:
So does everyone send a letter to the host with the menu or do you tell them during the host coaching? !

I tell them during host coaching. I say something like "I've been doing Creamy One Pot Pasta at my shows recently and everyone loves it. How does that sound to you?" They always say yes.

Recently I had a host tell me from the beginning that she wanted a dessert for her show, and I'm fine with that as I've been doing shows for this family for the past year and a half and I like to keep them happy. :)

DebbieJ said:
I tell them during host coaching. I say something like "I've been doing Creamy One Pot Pasta at my shows recently and everyone loves it. How does that sound to you?" They always say yes.

Recently I had a host tell me from the beginning that she wanted a dessert for her show, and I'm fine with that as I've been doing shows for this family for the past year and a half and I like to keep them happy. :)

This is what I do too. I really don't offer choices - I guide their choice to what I want to demo.:D

I usually offer an appetizer or a main dish recipe. (and then I talk about how the appetizer could also be a great light meal;)) I don't do desserts for the demo. I may bring a dessert, or do it before the show starts, but I never do it as the demo. It's the quick, easy, inexpensive meals that get people to book.

ChefBeckyD said:
This is what I do too. I really don't offer choices - I guide their choice to what I want to demo.:D

I usually offer an appetizer or a main dish recipe. (and then I talk about how the appetizer could also be a great light meal;)) I don't do desserts for the demo. I may bring a dessert, or do it before the show starts, but I never do it as the demo. It's the quick, easy, inexpensive meals that get people to book.

I wish I was better than guiding them...I give them a few choices and then basically say what I want to do (just saying the last few shows really loved this recipes, etc) and it doesn't seem to work. My host now wants a dessert and for me to provide my own work table. And "Why" did I not mention dessert...she has a 6:30 show and stated she wanted a dinner item. Sometimes I'm wondering if they are expecting us to serve a 4 course meal for them...I realize now that my consultants had it easy with me!:angel:

ttchic said:

I also think it is a bit much, but....

OT: how do you make the cookie in the skillet????? sounds so good

DebbieJ said:

This is what I do now too Deb.

I used to spend alot of time working up a menu for the season with 4-6 choices. I never knew 1 recipe very well.

I do let them have some choices but very limited.

I tell my hosts, I'm making these two recipes (a savory and sweet) and they both are great hits IF they really are. I try not to exaggerate and especially don't outright LIE about stuff. Pet peeve of mine, esp after listening to someone do that today.Anyway...I've had hosts try to "take over" and I will simply state that if they'd really like that, they are welcome to make it as an additional recipe. I'm VERY nice about it b/c this is simply MY business. I explain that I really have 2 recipes that I typically make each month. If neither recipe sounds good at all, I will ask a couple questions and will offer an easy dip or another easy recipe. It helps A LOT to be comfortable with the recipe and people respect it when YOU treat PC as your business. They won't if you don't.

I think the idea of doing the same recipe all month is great but...the time of the show depends on the menu for me. Of course a morning show would be a brunch, a mid afternoon maybe an appetizer or salad, evening could be a main dish, dessert or appetizer. Also it depends on how many people will be in attendance and sometimes weather. If it is cold we may do a soup recipe. Every catalog season change I come up with 2 brunch dishes, 2 appetizers, 2 main dishes, 2 salads, 2 desserts. The host can pick one (not one from each catagory). I usually only demo one dish. If the host really wants two and is expecting a crowd I volunteer to come a little early and prepare a dessert ahead in the trifle bowl. I have to tell you though, the idea of the same recipe each month is VERY appealing. I am willing to give it a try for simplification.

I'm a new consultant, only 2 shows under the belt now and I LOVE the idea of one recipe all month long. I had done 2 recipes at each of my two shows and it was really overwhelming!!! My director/recruiter did 2 at a show I attended then again at my show and made it look soooo easy. My next show is this Friday and still not sure what I'll be preparing! I was thinking a desert since its Lent...any suggestions?

Also, I have some products in addition to the New Consultant Kit. The DCB, rectangular baker, classic round stone, deep dish baker, trifle bowl, lrg collapsible bowl, I could go on and on of course.

I would also through out a suggestion of the quiche tartlets...leave out the bacon and do spinach and swiss cheese only. Those would be yummy and they highlight the normal "kit" tools.

This is a "public secret," but you may not know: the last 2 recipes in each section of the SBRC are designed to be done using only tools from the kit. So if you're fairly new, you have 6 from each SBRC that you can demo.Also, if you're uncomfortable demoing 2 recipes, don't. Or make the second one something that's basically done, and all you do is garnish it. Back when I started, 2 recipes at a show was pretty standard. Now, though, guests are so busy they don't want to spend all night at a party. Doing one recipe will shorten your show, which will get you more bookings. If you really want to have 2 recipes available for guests to sample, offer the second one as a host incentive - make it when the host has 12 or more confirmed attending.

Well AWESOME!! I didn't know about the recipes in the SBCB...I have so many of those from past seasons...thanx!!!

That why I love CS, everyone is so willing to share experiences with each other and help out us newbies!!! Maybe once I get a little more experienced and comfortable with doing cooking shows I may move up to 2 recipes but I think just 1 will suffice for now. And like you said, this way may help be increase the bookings!!!

Related to How Many Recipes Do You Offer Host

1. How many recipes do you offer for hosts?

We offer over 400 delicious and easy-to-follow recipes for our hosts to choose from.

2. Can I customize the recipes to fit my dietary needs?

Yes, our recipes can be easily customized to fit various dietary restrictions and preferences. We have options for gluten-free, vegetarian, and vegan diets.

3. Are the recipes beginner-friendly?

Absolutely! Our recipes are designed for all levels of cooking experience. We provide step-by-step instructions and helpful tips to make cooking a breeze.

4. Are the ingredients for the recipes easily accessible?

Yes, our recipes primarily use common and easily accessible ingredients that can be found at most grocery stores. We also offer substitutes for harder-to-find ingredients.

5. Can I request specific recipes for my party?

Yes, as a host, you have the option to request specific recipes for your party. Our team will do our best to accommodate your requests and make your party a success.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• lmradlein
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • TheFreddiesCook
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • PChefPEI