• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Many of Your Hosts Took Advantage of the Cookware?

In summary, the conversation is about hosts not taking advantage of the 60% off cookware offer. One person is surprised that none of their hosts took advantage of it, while another has had all of their hosts take advantage of it. They discuss some reasons why hosts may not be interested in purchasing the cookware, such as already having "good enough" cookware or financial constraints. They also mention instances where hosts did not use their half price items or tried to get additional discounts. The conversation ends with one person discussing their successful use of the cookware offer in their shows.
KellyRedHead
Hi Everyone!

I just wondered if there were many of your hosts that didn't take advantage of the cookware for 60% off?

All of my shows this month (except for one that I am waiting to close) hasn't taken it???!!! I can't believe it. This is why they booked!
All were saying they had no money, well I hate to tell them,but they won't see the cookware this price again for awhile.

None of them have taken all of their half price items either. One host was a pain in the butt, wanting more in free comparing us to Home I. parties (how she got SO much more with them with the same amount of sales). And then she thought she should get the half price combo's in the back at half price off the half price! She had 3 1/2 price items coming and took none! People will ask for anything and everything! :mad:

Was thinking about taking the 1/2 price or the cookware they didn't, but they live too far away for it to be worth it.

So I just wondered if you had any hosts not take this great opportunity to purchase new cookware? :confused:

Kelly V.

One of my hosts booked her show for the pans, and never bought them. Instead she got the knives in the half price combo in the back. I thought it was really strange. I am always pretty shocked when they don't use all of their half price items either. I know I would jump on it, but I have to remember not everyone is excited about PC as much as I am. I know I know, I am biting my tongue!!!

WOW!! All 9 of my hosts this month have taken advantage of the 60% off the cookware. I am really surprised none of yours did. That is good deal.:) :) :) I am excited about redeeming my pan-o-rama points to get the deals for selling.

PamperedTammy said:
WOW!! All 9 of my hosts this month have taken advantage of the 60% off the cookware. I am really surprised none of yours did. That is good deal.:) :) :) I am excited about redeeming my pan-o-rama points to get the deals for selling.

That's awesome. I know I was shocked that most of mine didn't. I even told them it will not be this price for atleast another year. NOTHING persuaded. Even though that was the whole reason they even booked to begin with. I am thinking they were probably a little strapped or something. I don't really know.

I did one catalog show, kind of impromptu, for my mom and two of my aunts and they didn't order the cookware, but honestly I think they were ordering more just to support me than for something specific. I did a large fundraiser that, due to time issues, got submitted as 3 separate shows (it was really only one show) and only one of those shows has the host cookware when technically all 3 could have... honestly I didn't think to push that with the organizer so who knows... My other hosts have taken advantage of it, and most of my catalog shows booked b/c of it. I do have several Sept things still out there that will need to wrap up in early October and I am expecting cookware sales.

You know though, back in January when the open stock cookware was 60% off, granted I only had a few shows then b/c I had just gotten started, but only my mom took advantage of it to get a grill pan. I think you are right, not everyone gets as excited about this as we do, and a lot of people think their cookware is just fine so why spend $40 or more, even if that is 60% off, when you have "good enough." Our job is to educate them why their good enough is really not good enough!

I have had 5 shows and all but 1 used it. One past host had 2 bookings from her show this month - she has bought 2 of the Exec. family skillets!

dwyerkim said:
I did one catalog show, kind of impromptu, for my mom and two of my aunts and they didn't order the cookware, but honestly I think they were ordering more just to support me than for something specific. I did a large fundraiser that, due to time issues, got submitted as 3 separate shows (it was really only one show) and only one of those shows has the host cookware when technically all 3 could have... honestly I didn't think to push that with the organizer so who knows... My other hosts have taken advantage of it, and most of my catalog shows booked b/c of it. I do have several Sept things still out there that will need to wrap up in early October and I am expecting cookware sales.

You know though, back in January when the open stock cookware was 60% off, granted I only had a few shows then b/c I had just gotten started, but only my mom took advantage of it to get a grill pan. I think you are right, not everyone gets as excited about this as we do, and a lot of people think their cookware is just fine so why spend $40 or more, even if that is 60% off, when you have "good enough." Our job is to educate them why their good enough is really not good enough!

I have alot of people who like you said think their cookware is just fine. You try to educate them, but they are gonna do what they want! :rolleyes:

Kelly V.

I did though have two past hosts get some cookware. One got the griddle and the other the 12" stainless steel skillet.

So at least someone did. Just really surprised when they book for the cookware, then never take it. My last hosts husband wanted new cookware so bad, he couldn't wait to get rid of what they had, then they never took any!!:confused:

I won't be having to many pan-o-rama points adding up this month!!

Kelly V.

I have had 5 shows so far and only one catalog host didn't take it. I have one more catty show and one more cooking show, so hopefully they will take them. I have already redeemed my points for the 12" exec. skillet and hope to use that at shows to help sell so I can get the grill pan too!

KellyRedHead said:
I did though have two past hosts get some cookware. One got the griddle and the other the 12" stainless steel skillet.

So at least someone did. Just really surprised when they book for the cookware, then never take it. My last hosts husband wanted new cookware so bad, he couldn't wait to get rid of what they had, then they never took any!!:confused:

I won't be having to many pan-o-rama points adding up this month!!

Kelly V.

Exactly!! That is what one of my hosts did. She absolutely couldn't wait for her show, and then when it came down to it, she was just going to stick with what she had. :confused: I was like, uh....ok.

Well I have 3/4 hosts this month. I haven't closed any of them yet! :eek: Granted the last two were today but the other was on the 8th!! They are all shows booked from other shows. As far as I know there is 1 or 2 hosts that will be using it and NO past hosts using it. I have a friend that one of the shows was booked from that isn't using it and I am going to see if my mil wants to buy the grill pan for my DH for Christmas. He has been wanting it forever!! I would buy it but I have NO money. I wish I did I would love to buy it for him!!

I've had about half of my hosts take it this month. Some it was a $$ thing and others just didn't care about it. I had a few that didn't take it that were past hosts with the booking benefit. They were all excited when someone booked in sept for the cookware but by the time the party was held, money was too tight. This happened with 4-5 of my past hosts! Oh well. I still have over 2000 points so far....

I only had two shows this month, but both of the hosts used the 60% off cookware. Both of them also used their 1/2 price items to buy more cookware too. :)

Well I only had three shows this month. :( But all of them used the 60% off the cookware for WHOLE sets!! Past Hosts too and even got cookware for their 1/2 off's!! So I ended up with more than 3,000 points. I have a few more shows closing next month and I expect the same. When it comes to cookware look for Hispanic market buyers, they rarely use the oven so they go crazy when the cookware is on sale. :)

KellyRedHead said:
None of them have taken all of their half price items either. One host was a pain in the butt, wanting more in free comparing us to Home I. parties (how she got SO much more with them with the same amount of sales). And then she thought she should get the half price combo's in the back at half price off the half price! She had 3 1/2 price items coming and took none! People will ask for anything and everything!
Kelly V.

I'm surprised when people don't find SOMETHING to take for half price. Even the orange peeler or mini spatula. Two bucks is two bucks!

--Jenny L

I've had several hosts either not buy, or downsize what they were buying for cookware. One lady re-booked from her own show this summer, in order to get 2 sets of cookware for 60% off - and ended up getting the 8" exec. and the 10" SS pans as her 60% off items. Another show - neither the host or past host ordered cookware.....and a show from yesterday, which was booked specifically for cookware....the host is now thinking she doesn't have the money to spend......I sure am glad I have until Nov. 30 to collect my Panorama points....right now, I have about 1700 with 5 more Sept. shows to close.....but I don't know how many points I'll get from those shows!

I had 5 shows this month. The first booked because of the cookware then didn't have any money. Everyone else has taken it - plus my past hosts are taking it as well - except one past host was so excited about her booking then ended up just getting the 8" Saute pan. Got a Catalog booking at my Thursday show for Sept because she wants a set! And Friday I got a booking for Oct because the lady wants a set and will do it as a 1/2 off. I did a cat show for me the beginning of the month and got the 5 pc set so I have really been able to talk up how great they are. I really didn't think I would sell ANY so I'm really excited. I think I have enough now to get the 12" SS which I wanted but I'm going to hold off on redeeming until I see what I sell in Oct!

All of my Sep hosts took advantage of this month's special...and all but one of my previous hosts ordered cookware as well. In fact, a couple hosts got 'cookware fever' and went to town.... :eek:

My show: grill pan
11th: 8" saute Exec.
18th: 7 piece Exec.
20th: 12" Exec.
24th: 7 piece Exec.; 50% off 5 piece, Stockpot and Family; free 12" lid & 8" saute pan
25th: 7 piece; 50% off 5 piece and 8" saute
I really feel like I cleaned up this month! My points showed up today, and I ordered my 7 Piece Exec. set today. Can't wait to get them.

LB: Exex 7pc
Exec 12" skillet
Exec 12" lid
KM: 12" skillet Exec
past host: Grill Pan & Press
AW: 8" stainless skillet
EL: Roasting Pan
PK: Grill Pan & Press
MO: Grill pan
Past Host: 12qt StockPot
CG: 7pc Exec set, 12" Exec Skillet & 12" lid
Past Host: 12" skillet Exec
this doesn't count the customers who bought cookware here & there, too.
...and I have still one more Sept host I am waiting to close

The show I just closed got me 1,438 points!!! She got the SS with her 60% off, both 50% off items and all her free credit! Plus some w/25% off. Then a guest ordered the 7-piece executive!

Wow Ellen!!!
That's FABULOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ellen, that is great! I've never sold a cookware set for full price. I've rarely ever sold a whole set of cookware even to a host until this month.

All so far have used the special. I have one more to close this week so will see if it's 100%?

I sold so far turkey roaster(60%), double burner griddle(full price) 12 in ex skillet(full price) 12qt stock pot(60%) 7 piece and 5 piece SS (60%) 12 in SS (60%) I do have 3 other shows to close and they all want the cookaware so we will see. I also sold a grill press

JAE said:
Ellen, that is great! I've never sold a cookware set for full price. I've rarely ever sold a whole set of cookware even to a host until this month.

The set to the guest was the booking benefit so it wasn't full price but it was full point value....yippie!:thumbup:

I've had hosts take advantage of the 1/2 off cookware, but I don't think I 've sold sets full price either.

Show #1 host - 8 inch saute
past host - 8 inch saute

Show #2 host - grill pan
past host - grill press

Show #3 host - 5 piece executive
past host - roasting pan and rack

Show #4 host - 7 piece executive
past host - 5 piece executive

Show #5 host - square griddle
past host - 12 in exec lid

Show #6 host - 7 piece executive
past host - grill pan

Show #7 host and past host both want 7 piece sets but it won't close until October

YAY for those two 5 piece and two 7 piece sets :)

I don't have all of my shows closed, but I was surprised at many that didn't take advantage of the 60%. I did a comparison with Cook's Illustrated's top rated cookware pieces and showed them how our pans stack up to the top of the line. I also explained how easy it was for them to do a simple catalog party to take advantage of this offer that I have not seen in my 7 years with PC. One host wanted the cookware, but her husband did not want her to cook on anything else but the heavy cast iron pans...:yuck: One did an $800 catty show just to take advantage of the cookware, but ended up having to pay tutition for her DD.
I had someone ask...when are the forged knives going on sale?!?! Had to explain that they just went off sale.
What kills me is that after I explain and see that people know how easy it is to get the cookware, that they don't do a catty show at least...but say they would do a party if cookware was on sale:confused: :confused: I so do not get that. I will call however to see if they REALLY understood!
I prefer the non-stick pans. I have all the pans I need but I am going to get some SS pans because I need to use them to understand them better. So the rest will go towards my January special and/or Christmas gifts.

I had two shows were the host is taking advantage of the 60% off .... I have a couple of shows that are September shows but are not closing until Oct...... But the guest ordered quite a bit of cookware!!!

I have been selling cookware like crazy!! I am up to about 3000 points and still have 4 more shows to close for September! ALL My hosts snatched up the cookware....

All of my hosts and past hosts snatched up the cookware. That is why they were having their shows, so I would have been really surprised if they hadn't. I am up to around 2600 POR points now. I can't wait to get that 7 piece Executive set!!

I had one host who had a catty show just so she could get the roasting pan at 60% off. The next host just wanted the cookbooks at $10. So, since I am not keeping busy since I'm just starting a full time job, I really wanted the cookware and knew I most likely wouldn't get enough POR points to get them free, so I asked if she'd let me use her host special since she didn't want it and then I had my own show to get a $150 order- so I got the 7-set and 5-set at each show so I got them. So, I guess I was 50/50 for it.

All of my Sept. hosts have taken advantage of the cookware special - just some of the past hosts haven't, and I've asked them if I could use their special to get some 8" stainless steel pans to use as raffle items for some fundraisers I'm doing this fall. So, technically, everyone who was "allowed" to get 60% off a set or piece of cookware has gotten it! ;)

Closed all of my Sept shows and ALL took advantage of the special! Whooohooo I have 1732 to cash in now! Just need to figure out what pieces I want??? That's the hardest part!

All of my hosts either got the 7 piece set or a single piece.

Last edited:

1. "How many of your hosts took advantage of the cookware for 60% off?"

It varies from month to month, but typically a large percentage of our hosts do take advantage of this offer. However, it ultimately depends on each individual host's budget and personal needs for new cookware.

2. "Were there many hosts that didn't take advantage of the cookware?"

Again, it varies from month to month. Some months we see a higher percentage of hosts taking advantage, while other months it may be less. It's important to remember that each host's situation is unique and may not always align with our offers.

3. "Why do you think some hosts choose not to take advantage of the cookware offer?"

There could be a variety of reasons. Some hosts may have already purchased new cookware recently, or may not have the budget for it at the moment. Others may prefer to use their host rewards towards other products. We always encourage our hosts to use their rewards in a way that best suits their needs.

4. "Do you think the cookware offer is a good incentive for booking a party?"

Absolutely! Our 60% off cookware offer is one of our most popular incentives for hosting a party. Many of our hosts are excited to get new cookware at such a discounted price and it can be a great selling point when promoting a party.

5. "Do you ever have hosts who ask for additional discounts or free items on top of the 60% off cookware offer?"

Occasionally we do have hosts who ask for additional discounts or free items, but it's important to remember that our offers are already deeply discounted and cannot be combined with other offers. We always strive to provide the best value for our hosts and their guests, but it's important to also respect the value of our products and offers.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
raebates
Replies
Views
Jayne
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • PCGirl77
  • Pampered Chef Shows