• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Half-Price Hostess Perks: Missing Out on Commission

In summary, Pampered Chef does give generous commission on large half price selections, but it would be nice to get some sort of incentive or reward for those sales.
krzymomof4
Silver Member
I so wish we received commission on hosts half price selections. I just had a hostess purchase 2 sets of the half price cookware!!!!!!! I am excited for her, but man that money would have been great!

I had a fleeting thought like that last fall when I first started and then I had a chat with a couple of other DS consultants from other companies. They were telling me how they had to pay for thier hosts "free" and discounted items .. yes... they got a higher commission but then had to shell out big bucks to reward their hosts. I had to rethink and realize that not only does HO pay for these rewards but also the tax on them as well and so we really have it good compared to others. If we had to pay for those things... it wouldn't be worth it. The one friend quit her DS job 2 months ago because of it. She even had to pay the high shipping costs for her hosts benefits. I have also been able to share with my some of my hosts when they are trying to choose thier items that I have NO vested interest in what they choose because that's not where my income comes from and it put them in a whole different mind set knowing that I only had their best interest in mind when trying to help them get the most for their "free and 1/2 price" money. Congrats on having a host that loves the cookware that much... she'll be a host for life! :)

Just think of the commission you made on the $400 show she had to get 2 half-priced items!
Also, the bookings and new contacts! Any recruit leads? Just the commission is very short-sighted.

I agree
krzymomof4 said:
I so wish we received commission on hosts half price selections. I just had a hostess purchase 2 sets of the half price cookware!!!!!!! I am excited for her, but man that money would have been great!

I agree. Although Pampered Chef is generous in commission, free products and other great consultant incentives, who wouldn't want commission on large half price purchases our hosts make???
That would be nice. The money would have been great on a couple shows where my hosts did the same thing with the cookware.
I did enjoy the points for cookware that year and my free cookware!!

Debbie :D

I am not complaining, don't get me wrong...The show was great, with 4 bookings and 2 life customers. I am appreciative of how PC handles it's host program. But my mind just went "wow" when I had a $400 show, but $1000 money changing hand. The host is really excited about the cookware, so much so, she is giving her mother in law her Tupperware set.

Congrats!Good job on a great show!!

Debbie :D

I do lots of shows where the host books specifically for cookware, so I would LOVE if we got someting for it!

Great job on a wonderful show!

The one plus side of not making commission on 1/2 price and host special is that you can offer it in a nonpushy type of way if you need. Like when my friends have shows or are past hosts, I remind them about the special and let them know that I'm just trying to make sure they know about all the deals and I'm not just out for me since I make $0 on those!

lisacb77 said:
The one plus side of not making commission on 1/2 price and host special is that you can offer it in a nonpushy type of way if you need. Like when my friends have shows or are past hosts, I remind them about the special and let them know that I'm just trying to make sure they know about all the deals and I'm not just out for me since I make $0 on those!

Good point, Lisa! I do mention that about the half price items sometimes. I'll have to remember to do that more often.

I wish we at least got incentive points for the half-price selections. We may not make money, but we would at least get some reward for selling something (which I'm sure PC still makes a little money one).

You have to remember that's why people book shows sometimes to just get the cookware at 1/2 off!

I agree that it would be nice to get commission on the host's half price stuff but at least we don't have to pay for it which is better. I love telling a host that she doesn't pay for shipping on her host order. They are so amazed with how other DS companies do charge and we don't. I agree to let them know to pick what they want as we don't get commission on their orders.

beepampered said:
I wish we at least got incentive points for the half-price selections. We may not make money, but we would at least get some reward for selling something (which I'm sure PC still makes a little money one).

I like that idea, Bee!!!

I'll take points!!!

DebbieJ said:
I like that idea, Bee!!!

I'll take points!!!

Let's all write to HO so they make the change at National and then we're all SO EXCITED because Bee came up with that idea!!!:D :D

I'm kind of torn about it...I'm glad that we don't have to provide the host benefits, FOR SURE. I know that it's an awesome booking tool. I have a PC friend who hates our commission structure and that we don't get commission on the host bennies, but I understand why we don't...

Sometimes, though, I have my hosts thinking, "I could get the cookware, or I could use my half price on the Food Chopper..." And of course, I direct them towards the COOKWARE because it is awesome! But then I think, "what do I get for this?" The answer is...the host tells her friends about the KILLER cookware that she has and her friends want to host for it TOO!

You are under no obligation to put those items through as half price on a show. Consider this, just for a second...
Your host picks out the cookware at half price. She pays you half the money, but instead of putting it through as a half priced selection, you throw it under her discounted items instead?! Yes, you will have to pay the difference, BUT, you make more commission on it as it is now commissionable sales, AND you earn trip incentive points as well. This has made a HUGE difference in my sales last year, and helped me earn the 7 day cruise the year before. Its a bit of juggling of your money, but it can certainly be a great way to earn a trip, and up your career sales.

REALLY?! That is FASCINATING! I'll have to consider that in the future! HMMMMMM. Thanks for the idea!

I always put my host's wish list in first without any 1/2 price items. Then we work together to maximize the amount of free stuff they receive and usually save some lower dollar items for their half-price items. It has always been a win-win for me doing it this way. I explain it is not always best to take the higher price at 1/2.

Hmmm....that's an interesting thought BUT if they choose one of the half-price combos on the back inside cover, there's NO WAY we can enter those any other way than half-price, right??? While I love that this would increase my commission and points...would I really want to invest the $$$ necessary to make it happen? There's a lot to think about with that suggestion. Just be careful...

spoiledchef said:
Hmmm....that's an interesting thought BUT if they choose one of the half-price combos on the back inside cover, there's NO WAY we can enter those any other way than half-price, right???
You could actually enter the individual product numbers, and then play around with which items are half price and which use FPV.

You would be entering that as a discounted item seperately (just as if they were purchasing it all individually). They give you no discounts for purchasing the host half priced selections anyhoo.

And yes, I agree... it can be of cost to you, but this is a good suggestion for those who really want the trip points and carreer sales more than anything else.

On a $1,000 show, my commission is generally 26% (not including overrides). I would make $260 off that $1,000 show. If I collected half the price of the Exec. Cookware from my host ~ since I am still offering it to her at half the price ($285.) and put it under her discount of 30% I am obligated to pay $114 of her cookware. But now that has bumped my commissionable sales up to a $1400 show, earning me a commission off that show of $364. (an additional $104). Essentially I am paying $10 to add 400 points to my trip incentives. True enough though, your extra commission would be a wash, but if you can afford to do it, why not try? This is also nice for when there is a $ amount incentive for products and what not. I have talked to those at home office as well about this, and they said what I stated... we are under no obligation to use those half priced items for our host purchases.

I have thought about this in the past as well. You definitely want to make it is at least an $800 show, so that you can use the 30% discount off of the cookware. It does make sense to do it, if you have the money to put out in the first place, and if the incentive or trip points are worth that much!

1. What are "Half-Price Hostess Perks" and how do they work?

"Half-Price Hostess Perks" are a special offer from Pampered Chef where the hostess of a party can earn half-price items based on the total sales at their party. For every $200 in sales, the hostess can choose one item at half-price. This is in addition to the regular hostess rewards they receive.

2. How do I make sure I receive my half-price hostess perks?

In order to receive your half-price hostess perks, you must host a party with at least $200 in sales. Once your party reaches this minimum, you will automatically be eligible for the half-price hostess perks. You can then choose your items at half-price from the hostess rewards section of the ordering form.

3. Can I still earn commission on half-price hostess perk items?

No, unfortunately, half-price hostess perk items are not eligible for commission. This is because they are already discounted for the hostess as a special thank you for hosting a party and helping to promote our products.

4. What happens if my party sales do not reach $200?

If your party sales do not reach $200, you will not be eligible for half-price hostess perks. However, you will still receive regular hostess rewards based on the total sales at your party. You can also try to combine your party with another hostess to reach the minimum sales requirement and earn half-price hostess perks.

5. Can I choose any item at half-price or are there restrictions?

You can choose any item from the hostess rewards section of the ordering form at half-price, as long as it is within your allotted half-price items based on your party sales. However, some exclusions may apply for certain promotions or limited edition items. You can check with your consultant for more information.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
momoffour
Replies
Views
Jayne
  • mamadugan
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
teresah551393