• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Many of You Use Nametags at Shows?

In summary, name tags are good for remembering names, guests often find them silly, but they are helpful for remembering people.
jesusluvsu2005
I was just wondering if any of you use name tags? I am horrible at remembering names. Especially if it's a large crowd. Are name tags good or do people feel silly for using them?
Thanks!
God bless,
Amanda

I am going to start with the interactive shows. Since we don't do introductions I really need to use name tags. I'm going to have them put their first name and favorite product so we can talk about that too as we use the products.

I started using them with the interactive show. The guests come in, I introduce myself and then ask them for their name. I fill out the tag and give it to them. I say it is cause I'm terrible with names. Then while I'm doing the interactive show I can talk to them by name. It is so much nicer that way.

I like the first name and favorite product idea.

I do not. At all my shows everyone knows everyone. I will be the only one who does not know them all but at most of mine here lately I know most of them too.

I don't but plan to start, I like the first name and fav. product idea as well. :chef:

I used them at my first show but at all my other shows I just left them at home, I mostly knew everyone. I do have a wedding shower this weekend that I am planning on using them at though.

chefkugler said:
I started using them with the interactive show. The guests come in, I introduce myself and then ask them for their name. I fill out the tag and give it to them. I say it is cause I'm terrible with names. Then while I'm doing the interactive show I can talk to them by name. It is so much nicer that way.

This is what I do too. I have a memory thing. I can't remember when someone just speaks something to me - but if I can write it down, and see myself writing it down, then I've got it! I've used nametags for a couple years now - and I wear one too - because I want them to remember my name as well!
And people LOVE being called by their name.

Yes, I use them. I've only done 2 shows to date, but plan on continuing this practice because I'm bad at remembering names.

I only do them for larger shows (10 folks or more) or shows with a lot of strangers to host (folks bringing friends)... most shows everyone knows everyone else and I just do my best to remember with clues, memory tricks and of course, taking orders. LOL... With larger shows, name tags can be helpful (use a thick marker if your eyes are old like mine)... I had an odd show where folks wrote out silly names and made a game of it. I didn't mind.

I had not since I first Started but have begun using them again at my interactive shows. My sat show I knew just about everyone but they played along and had fun with it.

I use them because I am horrible with names. I have them write there name and favorite PC product under there name.

I use 'em.

I use them. The guests don't seem to care for them, but it really helps me out too.

I have never used them. I am really good with names. People at my shows find it odd that after. I am not a big fan of the new format, but I may start using them just to see how it goes. I did like the one where they had them put stars for every show they ever hosted.

I started using them, with success :)
Offer plain labels (that I fill in myself while greeting) and ask guests to pick a label if they like.Made a few pages of labels with headers such as I love to Cook
Messy Cook (I wear that one, sometimes)
Microwave Master
Chocolate Cook
Low Carb Cook
Where's the Menu?
Gourmet Cook
Novice Cook
I burn Water
Scratch Cooking my Speciality
Happy Cook
Silly Cook
Hungry CookYes, they are silly, but gets the group in a talkative mood.

I have always used them. It really helps me remember the names of people when I see them outside of a show or from show to show. I dont' have a great memory and am amazed at how often I'm able to remember when I run into someone at the grocery store. Also, I prefer to be able to call people by name during a show.

They sometimes complain a little but I just smile and say "I'm a mean Pampered Chef Consultant and I make the guest wear name tags". They laugh and put one on.

I must admit though, I'm getting to the point (number of shows? age?) where I'll sometimes see the name of a past Host and can't remember a thing about her.

noI don't use them because the Host requests that we dont. I have been having a hard time remembering peoples names though - so I am going to start telling/asking a Host 'Do you mind if we use Name Tags? It helps me to remember people's names AND we will play a game - so it will be fun!'

stefani2 said:
I don't use them because the Host requests that we dont. I have been having a hard time remembering peoples names though - so I am going to start telling/asking a Host 'Do you mind if we use Name Tags? It helps me to remember people's names AND we will play a game - so it will be fun!'

Don't ask, tell them -- remember, it's your business to run as you wish. "I have guests at my shows wear name tags." I've never had a Host complain.

chefjeanine said:
Don't ask, tell them -- remember, it's your business to run as you wish. "I have guests at my shows wear name tags." I've never had a Host complain.

I've never even thought about asking my host. It's just part of my routine. I set up - prep for the show, and then get out my nametags and sharpie. As guests start arriving, I greet them, introduce myself, and ask their name, and then write a tag for them...chatting with them as I mingle and do this.

I don't use name tags.

I haven't been using name tags but after watching the Cooking Shows in Action DVD I think I might start doing so. Did anyone else see that one of the consultants had them not only write their name, but also put stickers on their tags?? Like a star for each cooking show they have been to and a smiley face for each show they have hosted?? I kind of thought it was a cute idea!

1. How do nametags benefit a Pampered Chef show?

Nametags help foster a sense of community and connection among guests at a Pampered Chef show. They also make it easier for the consultant to remember and address guests by name, creating a more personalized experience.

2. Do all Pampered Chef consultants use nametags at their shows?

While nametags are not required, they are highly recommended by Pampered Chef as a way to enhance the overall experience for both guests and consultants.

3. Are nametags provided by Pampered Chef or do consultants have to purchase them separately?

Pampered Chef does not provide nametags, so consultants are responsible for purchasing their own. However, there are many affordable options available for nametags that can be customized with the Pampered Chef logo.

4. Can guests make their own nametags at a Pampered Chef show?

Yes, guests are welcome to create their own nametags at a Pampered Chef show using materials provided by the consultant. This can be a fun and interactive way to get guests involved in the show.

5. Are there any specific guidelines for nametags at Pampered Chef shows?

While there are no strict rules, nametags should be easy to read and include the guest's first name. It is also recommended to avoid using stickers or pins that could damage clothing. Ultimately, the consultant can decide on the format and style of nametags for their show.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• msmileyface
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • MaryannNic
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
DebPC
Replies