• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Do You Eat at the Shows When You Are a Consultant?

anything the host is serving, usually. If I am not already full, I will usually take a small bite or two. I do not like to eat what I cook, but I will if the host insists.Yes, but it depends on the situation. If I am catering the event and I know the host or their family well, I will eat whatever is offered, but if I am catering an event I do not know, I will usually say no thank you.I usually do not. If the plate is offered, I will usually take a bite or two. If someone offers to share the food with me, I will usually say yes.I usually do not. If someone offers to share the food with me, I will usually
jesusluvsu2005
I was wondering what everyone does. The consultant that did my party wouldn't eat anything even after I offered and I felt kind of bad. I'd rather people eat when there's food at my house but she acted like that was mine. I didn't eat at my first party where I was the consultant. Honestly didn't really have time. However at my second party I was asked by one of the guests (she's also a friend of mine) if I wasn't going to eat. So I ate a few bites. I was starving because I usually don't have time to eat much before I leave for shows. But I feel weird to eat because I just know that someone will ask something when my mouth is full ya know? So I was wondering what y'all do. I think it could be thought of as being rude if you don't eat or that the food wasn't prepared cleanly. Those are the two things I might think of if the consultant didn't eat. But then like I said, I worry about my mouth being full and not being completely available to the guests if I'm eating. Just wanted to get an idea of what y'all do. Thanks!
God bless,
Amanda

I don't eat at a show even if asked. I usually just say "Thank you, I might have a little in a bit". If I'm asked later if I had any, I then just say "Didn't have any time, but did you enjoy it?" That has always satisfied the hosts.As to being afraid if people think you didn't prepare the food cleanly, in the future make sure they see you wash your hands and wear gloves.

I usually Do not, except when I know the host and I am starving or if they are having a recipe that I have never tasted before and they offer, I will have 1 bite of it to taste test it only! But overall no I do not.

I usually do not eat because I am so busy taking care of people, but I will grab a few bites while packing up (after orders are done) or if there is a lull between orders. I generally do not eat what I make but will eat the other things the host puts out.

If they offer, I say I will eat after I get all the orders in. If they don't offer, I don't eat. The host paid for the food for herself and her friends, not me. If I bring the ingredients or bring a recipe, I will eat that if I want it....like if I am not already full from dinner.

I did once and it was because my best friend was the host and her and her mom insisted I eat a brownie with them after I said no thank 10 times. I finally ate one so they'd leave me alone :)
Otherwise, I just say no thank you.

Normally, I do not eat. If a host prepares a plate and hands it to me, I will eat it when I'm all done working. If it's family, you bet I'm eating after everyone else is gone! There is so many times that I make certain recipes but I don't get to eat them very often that I'll eat if my family chooses it for a show.

I usually don't have time to THINK about eating. If there's anything left and the host insists, sometimes I'll have a bite while cleaning up, but that's about it.

I do NOT eat at parties. I am usually to busy!

I do eat at parties when given a minute- it gives a relaxed, comfortable vibe. No one will trust you or your cooking if you won't eat it!

I'm usually too busy answering questions, taking orders or washing dishes to eat. If the host insists, then I'll take a very small bit and then make a joke about it if someone asks me a question when my mouth is full. But if there are a lot of people there, I will mention that I want to make sure that everyone there gets some first, before I do. That's usually accepted - and then I'm so busy taking orders that it becomes a non-issue.

I normally don't. But yesterday I did. My mom turned it into a card party, with me cooking the dinner & dessert. I am glad I did, because the dinner was GREAT!! And, I now know how to make it. I'm so glad my Mom is so willing to help me out with this!! With all the other direct selling companies I've been with, this is the only one that she's helped me out with!!

If it is offered, I will usually have a sample of the food. If they are busy visiting and not ready to order by the time I have tidied-up I will go ahead at that time if I'm busy I will have a bite while I'm packing-up.

I have a group of repeat hosts that do something every 6 months - they are fabulous cooks and put out a huge table - I make sure that I go to their house hungry!

Never before the guest or host, but if I am hungry.. sure. Usually seems like we are too busy to eat though.

I usually never do. As like the others say, you can politely tell them maybe when your done taking orders. I had one host INSIST I eat, and at that point YOU SHOULD bc you dont want to offend the host.

Generally, though I do not.

Almost never... I am too busy and the food is meant for them and their guests.

I usually don't eat, but if I asked I do have a water or pop. The only time I eat is if it is a family member or close friend and then I only eat when I am done taking orders and am cleaning up. :chef:

It depends. If I am super busy (usually I am) then I don't have time. However, with the interactive format, it is more relaxed & I will have a sample with the guests & mingle. I answer any questions in between bites if necessary.

I almost never eat. Often, if there is extra, the host may ask me to take it home. If I'm at a friend's , theyn I try something. A couple of weeks ago, the hosts husband made me dinner! They were friends so after everything was done, I did eat.
Jessica

Thanks guys! I appreciate all your replies! :)
God bless,
Amanda

I usually say "No thanks! I tried it when I practiced it at home and it's good! If I ate at every party I had, I'd gain 50 pounds! *insert laugh*"

People are usually good with that answer.

My first thought was "Of course!" so I've been surprised by how many consultants don't eat! It builds trust when you eat what you've made and it makes you easier for the guests to relate to! Of course, I always serve my guests and hosts first, then grab a bite for myself.

Related to Do You Eat at the Shows When You Are a Consultant?

1. What kind of food is typically served at Pampered Chef shows?

At Pampered Chef shows, a variety of food is typically served, including appetizers, entrees, desserts, and beverages. The specific menu may vary depending on the consultant and the theme of the show.

2. Can I request certain dietary restrictions or food allergies to be accommodated at a Pampered Chef show?

Yes, as a Pampered Chef consultant, we strive to make sure all guests are able to enjoy the food served at our shows. If you have any dietary restrictions or food allergies, please let your consultant know ahead of time so that they can make accommodations for you.

3. Are there vegetarian or vegan options available at Pampered Chef shows?

Yes, there are often vegetarian and vegan options available at Pampered Chef shows. Our consultants are trained to cater to a variety of dietary preferences and can provide alternative options for guests upon request.

4. Are the ingredients used in the food at Pampered Chef shows available for purchase?

Yes, all of the ingredients used in the food served at Pampered Chef shows are available for purchase. Your consultant can provide you with a list of the ingredients used and help you place an order for any items you are interested in.

5. Do Pampered Chef consultants have to follow any specific food safety guidelines when preparing food for shows?

Yes, all Pampered Chef consultants are trained to follow proper food safety guidelines when preparing and serving food at shows. This includes proper hand washing, avoiding cross-contamination, and ensuring that food is cooked to the appropriate temperature.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pcchris
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
jenf
  • Symara
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
KellyRedHead
  • gailz2