• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Eating Habits at Shows: Do You Eat What You Prepare?

I'd say 95% of the people have ordered, I'll take a break and grab a bite. Usually I eat after the show is over, but there have been a few times where I've eaten during the show.
pcchris
Silver Member
Hi everyone.

I just have one question for you....

When you are doing a show, do you eat what you prepare?

I usually don't, but then I wonder if the guests wonder why I don't eat what they are eating (I'm weird, can't help it!)

your thoughts are welcome...............thank you! :)

I don't eat at my shows - I want to make sure there' s enough for everyone (and I don't want anything stuck in my teeth - LOL!). No one has really ever questioned me about it. I'm usually busy taking orders, cleaning up, chatting, etc. after the food is done so I don't think anyone notices.

for me, i'm usually pretty busy talking with guests and taking orders. once everyone has ordered, that is when i pack up my stuff and then chit chat (depending on time). Sometimes I eat when I have the type of hosts that fix a plate and hand it to you. Most of the time I don't as I feel that it's food for the guests.

I don't eat at my shows, because during that time I am usually talking with the guests and helping them with their orders and cleaning up. Plus I won't eat unless the host insists on it and that is only after everyone has had a chance to sample the food.

I don't eat at my shows, ever, except one time a host kept pushing me to eat. I took a bite and had to get back to work. I didn't want to offend her. Then, after my sisters' shows are over I'll eat when everyone is gone.

dianevill said:
I don't eat at my shows - I want to make sure there' s enough for everyone (and I don't want anything stuck in my teeth - LOL!). No one has really ever questioned me about it. I'm usually busy taking orders, cleaning up, chatting, etc. after the food is done so I don't think anyone notices.

yeah, makes sense...........but there are times, like when the guests are eating, if clean up is done, and no one's ready to order yet, do you just chat then??

No one has ever said anything to me either, but I guess if I was a guest, I would wonder.

like i said, I'm weird today (well, weirder than normal). :rolleyes:

I don't eat during the shows because I'm usually too busy and sometimes concerned about having enough. One time I did take a bite while cleaning up, and realized it didn't taste as great as when I made it at home! I was mortified. That day there had been plenty leftover for me to sample... I wonder if it was 'cuz no one liked it.

I eat at my shows. I like to talk about the food and remind them of what products we used to make it. I do this to keep the conversations PC related and to awnser any questions, it makes me feel more like a friend instead of some sales lady. I do make sure that everyone has had some though.I wouldnt want anyone to miss out!

Sometimes I do. Some hosts will fix me a plate and I'll nibble while cleaning-up. Most times I wait until everyone has gone and I'll fix a plate and eat while the host and I talk about the show and go over her benefits and what's next.

If it ia a recipe I haven't made before I always wait until the everyone gets some, and then I will try a small bit of whatever it is. Other than that, I don't eat. I am usually too busy cleaning up and taking orders.

wow - it sounds like most of you are collecting orders while guests are eating. I wish I had guests that were ready to check out while they are eating.....they are all too busy chatting and eating to worry about what they are going to order. That comes later, kwim??

pcchris said:
wow - it sounds like most of you are collecting orders while guests are eating. I wish I had guests that were ready to check out while they are eating.....they are all too busy chatting and eating to worry about what they are going to order. That comes later, kwim??

That happens, too; when I do find myself w/ extra time then I'll sit down and just chit-chat with the guests, too - not even necessarily about PC, just whatever happens to be the topic; that shows I'm a "real" person, too.

At most of my shows the guests eat at the beginning. I'm too busy talking with each of them and finalizing my set-up (little touches here and there--I find it draws people's attention to the products and gets them talking before the demo). After my demo, I get a glass of water and set up to take orders.

Well I have been pregnant almost my whole time doing PC, so I always bring a bottle of water with me that I drink while preparing before guests arrive and if they are just sitting there eating (and it usually gets refilled too). I'm sure people understand that I drink like a fish now. A lot of times the host will bring me a cup of punch or something and I don't mind taking that while people are just eating.

As far as eating, if I'm not taking orders while some are eating, that is usually when a lot of questions about products come up. It gives me an extra chance to get info out. After people have left, if the hosts makes a plate I may take a little. Some of my shows are held at a community center that I have to completely clean before and after, and the host doesn't want to carry everything home, so she asks if I want to have some so she doesn't have to carry it. Then we'll both sit and eat some as we go over how her show went.

I'd say it would depend largely on the feel of the show. If you are with a casual group..and they encourage you to nibble...or if the feeling of the show seems right...then I'd go for it. Most of the time I feel I'm being unprofessional eating while doing a show....but that's the retail experience in me.

I don't unless the host offers. Then I'll take it and eat while I'm not waiting on anyone.

I always do, after the guests have gotten their food.

pamperedlinda said:
Sometimes I do. Some hosts will fix me a plate and I'll nibble while cleaning-up. Most times I wait until everyone has gone and I'll fix a plate and eat while the host and I talk about the show and go over her benefits and what's next.
this is what I do too!:thumbup: :balloon:

I normally eat if I have time. Since I am pregnant though I have been trying to make a point to eat so I will not start feeling sick or I pick something up on the way. The few times I have not had time to at least nibble I have had people comment "why are u not eating." I always feel like they think if I don'd eat what I demo why should they, haha!

I have eaten at my shows - I think maybe 3-4 times. Usually because the host has practically forced me to. I just don't feel right doing it - plus I am usually busy, and there are a ton of questions, and I know I'd get caught with a mouth full of food when someone needs an answer. Plus, honestly, after the show is over, I just want to get everything finished and packed up and get home! If I'm eating, everything just takes longer!

Jeez..If I ate at all my shows I would have gained back all the weight I have lost!! Whenever a host asks, I just tell them no thanks and if they push I tell them about what a house end I would be if I ate those warm nutty caramel brownies 2 times a week...haha - losing 100 pounds while doing PC...there should be an award for that!!

jrstephens said:
I normally eat if I have time. Since I am pregnant though I have been trying to make a point to eat so I will not start feeling sick or I pick something up on the way. The few times I have not had time to at least nibble I have had people comment "why are u not eating." I always feel like they think if I don'd eat what I demo why should they, haha!

That's exactly my thoughts!!! ha ha ha!!!

I've eaten at all of my shows. Usually the guests take some time to eat and chat before finishing their orders, and it doesn't take long for me to finish cleanup. All of my hosts have offered and even insisted that I take food, so I do, and it gives me a chance to sit and chat with the guests. Like someone else said, I feel like they see me more as a friend and not just a salesperson. I talk a lot about PC, but also join in other conversations and get to know everyone a little, which helps later on. Of course, all of my hosts I've at least met a few times prior, and feel pretty comfortable with. If it was a group of people I didn't know, I might not, depending on the vibes I get and whether the hosts offers me anything.

I don't unless it's offered to me. I'm usually too busy to eat anyway. But I did have one host in the beginning INSIST I eat with them but that was a tiny show that consisted of her and one guest and myself and it gave me the chance to taste the recipe I tried there for the first time too. Last night I tried a new recipe and had a nibble after guests had left and we were cleaning up. I was STARVING and grabbed a bite.

One advantage I have is that I'm diabetic. I know it doesn't sound like an advantage, but people understand why I'm not eating some gooey dessert and are less likely to push.BTW, in my experience, few women would pass up Warm Nutty Caramel Brownies because the consultant didn't eat one. :)

I fit in with the majority here. Normally I do NOT eat depending on the crowd. There was one party that I had over three years ago that I still remember. It was rather small (probably 4 or 5 guests, the host and me) and the host and everyone wanted me to COME SIT DOWN, EAT, and talk with them. For that show (and a few select others since then) I really felt like I was a guest too! You know...felt like I was included...not just sitting in as the consultant. But those shows are few and far between. Really, most of the time I will get something to drink, but not to eat.

Last night I made the Smashed Potato Soup (for the first time) and I made up a "display" serving using a small SA bowl and a small SA square. Topped it off with cheese, bacon, and green onion so they could see how pretty it looked. So...after I was done taking orders and I started cleaning up, I ate that serving.

KellyTheChef said:
I fit in with the majority here. Normally I do NOT eat depending on the crowd. There was one party that I had over three years ago that I still remember. It was rather small (probably 4 or 5 guests, the host and me) and the host and everyone wanted me to COME SIT DOWN, EAT, and talk with them. For that show (and a few select others since then) I really felt like I was a guest too! You know...felt like I was included...not just sitting in as the consultant. But those shows are few and far between. Really, most of the time I will get something to drink, but not to eat.

Last night I made the Smashed Potato Soup (for the first time) and I made up a "display" serving using a small SA bowl and a small SA square. Topped it off with cheese, bacon, and green onion so they could see how pretty it looked. So...after I was done taking orders and I started cleaning up, I ate that serving.

Hey Kelly! Hijacking here, but how did the Smashed Potato Soup go last night? Did you do okay with it?

It depends on the show. Dont know them well, or theres a big crowd, I let them eat and enjoy and make sure there is enough for everyone. Once they are gone, the host usually takes any leftovers and offer me a piece but really, I just want to go over the show with her and clean up and go home!

At friends shows, usually they want me to eat and chat - so I do!

Usually I don't, but it depends on the show actually. I mean when I did one for my best friends mom, she insisted I eat too. At a normal show, no I don't, I'm too busy talking and cleaning and talking and talking and...you get the idea! lol

:D

I have only had one guest make a big deal about me not eating. I told her normally there isn't any food left so I don't eat. At this particular party, there was some left so I went ahead. No one else has ever even noticed. I think it totally depends on your comfort level. If the host is a good friend I am more inclined to eat, but at most shows I am too busy checking people out to eat anything.

Related to Eating Habits at Shows: Do You Eat What You Prepare?

1. Do you always eat what you prepare for shows?

It depends on the individual scientist and their personal eating habits. Some may choose to eat what they prepare, while others may not. It ultimately comes down to personal preference.

2. Why do you sometimes choose not to eat what you prepare?

Again, this varies from person to person. Some scientists may have dietary restrictions or preferences that prevent them from eating certain foods. Others may simply not be hungry or may have already eaten prior to the show.

3. Do you worry about what your guests may think if you don't eat what you prepare?

This is a common concern, but ultimately, it should not be a major factor in deciding whether or not to eat what you prepare. Guests should understand that scientists have their own individual preferences and needs when it comes to food.

4. How do you handle eating at shows with a large audience?

Some scientists may choose to eat before or after the show to avoid any potential distractions or disruptions. Others may discreetly eat during breaks or behind the scenes. It ultimately depends on the individual and the specific show.

5. Does your eating habits at shows affect your performance?

Again, this varies from person to person. Some scientists may find that eating certain foods before or during a show may affect their energy levels or focus, while others may not notice any difference. It's important for each scientist to find what works best for them in terms of eating habits and performance.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• jesusluvsu2005
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
aPamperedBride
  • gailz2
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
AlowayFamily
Replies