• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Only 3 or 4 Guests What Do You Do

In summary, the conversation is about hosting a cooking show and the minimum number of guests required for the show. The expert recommends always putting on the same show, regardless of the number of guests, and offers host coaching ideas to help boost attendance. The expert also shares their personal criteria for deciding whether to do a show, and suggests the host use a bingo game and remind guests to bring a friend to increase attendance. Despite only having four guests at a recent show, the expert believes it was still worth their time and the guests were pleased with their products. The expert concludes by stating that they would not cancel a show with only three or four guests, but suggest the host take proactive measures to increase attendance.
Brasgold
Gold Member
Hey I am not sure if I should post this here but just a quick question. Do you do a show even if the host has only 3 or 4 guests. Is there a minimum that you do a cooking show for. Last night the host had 3 but I did get a booking and tonight the host has 4. Do you ever cancel. Thanks in advance

Everyone runs their business however they want, but I always put on the same show no matter how many guests are there. My thought why punish the few people that did show!!! There are a couple host coaching ideas to help, one is to offer to mail out the invitations. I have found that a clue that the show might not be a great show is when the host does not take advantage of my offer to mail them. Even if they don't let you mail them, second, offer to do the reminder calls. It is so much easier for the consultant to do this, as the phone calls are short and sweet and you can use phonevite. Again, if they turn you down, second clue. Finally, sometimes when we talk about recipes, I tell them I do one for less than 10 confirmed, if they have more, I will do a second. (this is usually something simple.) A lot of hosts seem to think they want that second recipe, so I make them work for it ;)

My criteria depends on : amount of outside orders already, how far is the show from my home, any bookings already, how much do I like the host, is she a repeat host of mine. I often will do them if I feel the host has worked hard to get people there and will work hard for outside orders. Many times I've had $250 in sales from the guests and the show ends up closing at $500 or more.

At some point, you've got to look seriously in the mirror and recognize the host deserved better host coaching. If she only got 3 guests, she didn't hear from you 3 times before the show was held. 3 guests is like a confirmation on the 2nd call, at which point you congratulate her on the 'great start' and ask who else she can think of, taking her through the FRANK - friends, relatives, acquaintances, neighbors, acquaintances and neighbors from work and outings, and kid contacts - other parents in soccer, piano, dance, school, etc. Also, two bonus tips would be 5-15-5 (5 orders before the show, 15 buying guests at the show, and 5 orders afterward from folks who said they were coming but didn't make it) = $1,000 show! And... batter bowl bingo. look for sheets others made up, but if she gets a "bingo" she gets a free batter bowl ordered on her order (costs you much less on her discount) with squares like "someone looking for work" / "2 shows booked before I show up" / "5 outside orders" / "someone you met today whom you invited and they are coming", etc.

My show today had 4 "yes" and 4 "maybe" responses. One of the yeses forgot (and she was going to be bringing a friend) even though a reminder was sent out on Friday. One yes got sick and cancelled (though she did place a small online order). Three of the maybes came. Most of the people were late.Even so, it was a fun, intimate party. I passed around a lot of the new products so they actually got their hands on everything. They were able to ask a lot of questions and chat about the products. Frankly, they stayed more focused on the show and the products than most of my shows do_Orders at the show of 5 guests were over $400. So, while it wasn't a huge show, I think it was worth my time. The guests are thrilled about their products and that's my goal. But that's my story. I'm doing this as a hobby, not a career. I agree that host coaching better might have gotten a better response. I love the Bingo idea. I think that helps the host to think outside the box too.So, to answer your question, no, I wouldn't cancel a show with just three or four guests. However, I would suggest that the host call each guest the day before or even the day of and ask them to each bring a guest of their own to boost the numbers and make it feel more like a party. And I would be sure to help her ask for orders from people who didn't come to increase her show total and therefore her free product value.Shari in TX

I signed up to be a consultant from a show where there were only 4 people - the host was my daughter, 1 friend, 1 neighbor and me. The consultant did a normal show, didn't stay long, as she had an 1 1/2 hour drive home. Didn't end up being a big show, however, I am only 3100.00 away from my 15000.00 in sales in just under 10 months - so she definately benefited - she is also counting on me to promote her to Advanced Director when I promote to Director (goal for year end). YOU NEVER KNOW what will come from your show - treat it like your best ever!

Right on Mary! Life and our job is all about turning possible negatives into positives! Good luck with your Director goal!

I think you have to put yourself in your host's shoes. Sometimes things happen and parties bomb. But if your host has fun and gets a couple free or discounted things, maybe she'll host again next year or in 6 months and feel more confident about inviting people - she'll know you're not a high-pressure salesperson who is rude to her friends! My mom had a PC party where only 2 people came, and the consultant totally treated us like we were totally wasting her time. It was so rude and so uncomfortable! I can't imagine ever treating a host that way when they have agreed to let me come into their home and have invited their friends to become my customers. As far as canceling in advance, I feel like you would burn a bridge not only with that host and her guests, but also the with the original host where the show was booked.

Agreed! I did a show saturday with 4 guests including the host and did $300 in guest sales alone! took 2 hours, so Id say $30/hr was a good paycheck! I def belive in the "if you demo it, they will buy it" so I demo'd the fluted stoneware and some gadgets and they all bought everything I demo'd and then some!

Good for you Emily!

I know this is an older post, but I wasn't on much in the spring so I'm just seeing it now. Here's my thought. Even if it's just one person, the host took the time to get things ready, and that one person took time out of his/her schedule to show up. If there are only one or two guests I go more casual and get more conversational. But, I do a show for them. Just last week I did a show with only two guests. And, the first one didn't show up until five minutes after the stated start time. The host had done her due diligence, but there was a festival in town she'd forgotten about when she scheduled her show. We closed with just over $500 in orders and 2 bookings. I never cancel. Never. The host feels bad enough.

I had a host recently who wanted to cancel because only 3 guests could come. I told her she could do a "Hybrid Show" (Hybrid is the new Buzz Word!). She would just have a couple guests, and then concentrate on outside orders. For some reason, this worked for her! It made her feel better about only having a couple of guests - and that's really what it's about - the host having an enjoyable show, no matter what. I know she'll be a repeat cust, and probably host again (because she has almost every product PC makes!!). The 'Hybrid Show' is a great label because then host the doesn't feel bad; it cracks me up because it's really no different, it's just the mental re-adjustment of what a 'show' is. But, hey, whatever works! BTW - I only pull that phrase out if the host is anxious and wants to cancel due to low attendance. If anyone likes this idea - feel free to steal it!

That's a great idea, Lynda!

My very first show (October 25, 2013) seemed like a bomb from the attendance. ONE guest showed up. Sales ended up at $938 in guest sales! So yes, I consider that a successful show. The one who showed placed a roughly $100 order, and many of the no-shows placed orders before and after the show. It also gave me practice with the recipe and in doing the show, so as a newbie, it helped me build confidence.

I had to cancel my first show...it was my sister in laws and was set up three weeks in advance. I talked to her at least twice a week about who she would be inviting and about outside orders from her family out of state. When I called two days before the show to find out the attendance number she said it was three....the two family members I invited (who were riding with me!) and me! I told her that I was not considered a guest and when asked about the outside orders she just shrugged it off. She then told me that she actually didn't start inviting people until that day because she "forgot" and that it was not her fault they already had plans. One of the family members was coming as a courtesy (she has her own show booked for next weekend) and the other said she would place an order at whatever show she attended first. I cancelled the show because she absolutely refused to follow anything that I coached her in. I had her do a wish list and showed her how the more people that attended the more free and discounted product she got. She just seemed to not care at all. With her living an hour away from me, and no commitment to work for any guest or sales, I called it off. I wish that I could have gotten my first show completed that day but just could not justify the expense.

It has been my experience anyone who is doing you a favor and doing a show for YOU and not for THEMSELVES, is usually a fail. The one way around the frustration is to offer to mail out the invites for them. At least you know, if you never get the list, they haven't been sent!!! I have been sending out the invites for very selfish reasons: I know they have been sent, and I know how many have been sent!!!! Peace of Mind. Also, if I send them, it is rare I have a last min cancellation. When hosts don't want me to, it usually is an indicator of their commitment level to having a show.

What is the purpose of having only 3 or 4 guests at a Pampered Chef party?

The goal of having a small number of guests at a Pampered Chef party is to create a more intimate and personalized experience for everyone involved. This allows for more one-on-one interactions with the consultant and a better opportunity for guests to ask questions and learn about the products.

Can I still host a Pampered Chef party with only 3 or 4 guests?

Absolutely! In fact, hosting a party with a smaller group can be just as fun and rewarding. It allows for a more relaxed and comfortable atmosphere for both the host and the guests.

Will I still receive the same host rewards with only 3 or 4 guests?

Yes, the host rewards are based on the total sales from your party, not the number of guests. So even with a smaller group, you can still earn the same rewards and discounts on Pampered Chef products.

What if I don't know enough people to invite to the party?

You don't have to personally know all of your guests to host a successful Pampered Chef party. Consider reaching out to co-workers, neighbors, or family members who might be interested in attending. You can also ask your consultant for tips on how to expand your guest list.

Can I still have a fun and interactive party with only 3 or 4 guests?

Absolutely! Our consultants are trained to make every Pampered Chef party a fun and engaging experience, no matter the number of guests. Plus, with a smaller group, there may be more opportunities for hands-on cooking and product demonstrations.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• lisasfuncooking
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Chef Bobby
  • keynibear
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
DebPC
  • wadesgirl