• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Many of You Give Out Recipe Cards?

In my opinion, the handwritten recipe is the best kind!I give out the recipe cards provided by home office.I don't put recipes on my website.
rebeccastt
Silver Member
I'm thinking about handing out a card with the show recipe on it at each show. My questions is for all of you: How many of you hand out the recipe and how do you do it? Do you give a card, xerox copy, typed copy, etc.? If you do this, will you please attach a copy of what you give out?

I've been asking my customers to write their email address on the drawing slips so that I can email it the day after the show. This ensures that they actually write the email on the slip so that I can send them my monthly newsletter.

Have any of you tried it both ways? If so, which method do you prefer?

I give out the recipe cards provided by home office

dannyzmom said:
I give out the recipe cards provided by home office

Do you only demo those recipes? If not, what do you do when your customers request the recipe for your demo?

rebeccastt said:
I'm thinking about handing out a card with the show recipe on it at each show. My questions is for all of you: How many of you hand out the recipe and how do you do it? Do you give a card, xerox copy, typed copy, etc.? If you do this, will you please attach a copy of what you give out?

I've been asking my customers to write their email address on the drawing slips so that I can email it the day after the show. This ensures that they actually write the email on the slip so that I can send them my monthly newsletter.

Have any of you tried it both ways? If so, which method do you prefer?

I have given out recipes at the show, usually what I did as the demo. I love the idea of emailing it to them the following day. I've also wanted to make two of them prettier and fit on a typical recipe card.

Attachments

• Bruschetta_Mini_Pizzas.doc
    24.5 KB · Views: 347
  • Lime_Ginger_Dressing.doc
    24.5 KB · Views: 248
  • SweetEggChallahB.doc
    47 KB · Views: 270
Recipe cardsI had a host do this at one of her shows and I started it with all my shows.
Let me explain how I do it. First I copy all the recipes I'm using. Second I cut them out with fancy scissors(you can use different type of scissors). Third I buy poster board from dollar general because it comes in a medium package with the different colors and I pay a dollar for it. Fourth I cut the poster board down so that I don't have a lot of excess. Fifth I use a glue stick on the back of the recipe and stick it on the poster board.Sixth I then hole punch my recipes that are on poster board( In corner) and tie them with raffia.
I usually make at least 20 for each show and if I run out I make surethat my guest still get one.:)

I give out recipes from supply/order.

I heard a good tip to have the recipe available on your website, so they have to go there to get it!

I hand out the cards we can order on paperwork. Then, especially if I've demoed a different recipe, I email it to them WHEN I CLOSE THE SHOW so they know when to expect their things.

I don't put recipes on my website.

I have started typing up recipes and printing them one 4 x 6 blank index cards.

I have attached a few of them for you to see. I have a small menu for my host to chose from so it isn't a lot of work but it looks good

I print on both sides for the Mexican Bean Dip and the Garden Dip which is my all time favorite

Attachments

• RECIPE CARD - Mexican Bean Dip 001.doc
    78 KB · Views: 311
  • RECIPE CARD - Mexican Bean Dip 002.doc
    23 KB · Views: 255
  • RECIPE CARD - Lime Tortilla Chips 001.doc
    79.5 KB · Views: 245
  • RECIPE CARD - Garden Dip 001.doc
    77.5 KB · Views: 243
  • RECIPE CARD - Garden Dip 002.doc
    23.5 KB · Views: 210
Thanks Teresa!

How do these print? Do you just run regular single 4x6 cards through your printer? I've never printed anything out with the "postcard" setting before!

It just depends on your printer but Yes I use regular blank 4 x 6 index cards that I bought at Wal-Mart when they had them on sale because of school starting up. I use to use card stock paper and cut them down but by using the index cards this makes them look so professional looking.

Very cool, Teresa! I just tried it and it worked like a charm! I think it looks very professional. Thank you!

I tell them that if they want the recipe to put their email address on the DPDS with a note reminding me to send it to them. If the recipe I'm using is in a current cookbook, I tell them which one it's in and tell them a few of my favorites that are in the cookbook too (I usually bring the book with me) - I can usually sell a few cookbooks that way.

I'm with Linda, i was first going to make copies of the recipes that I used during the show but figured it might be an easy way to sell cookbooks, so instead I hand out the recipe cards from the supply order. ~tiffanyp

gilliandanielle said:
I heard a good tip to have the recipe available on your website, so they have to go there to get it!

GREAT IDEA!! I do have some recipes on my website, but never thought of directing guests there to look for it (and other items).. Thanks Gillian...

I can't take credit because I think it was featured in a tele-class, but I will take credit for posting it here, LOL!

Recipe "anchor" = recruiting tie-inEver since Senior Executive Director Nancy Francis visited us at our Cluster meeting in September (it was AWESOME), I have been using the recipe "anchor" as she calls it.

During her cooking shows she mentions the opportunity and says something like, "Watch me during the demo tonight and if you think what I do looks easy, than I invite you to consider doing this yourself. At the end of the night when you are checking out, I am going to give you a RECIPE CARD and some information on becoming a consultant, for you or someone you know."

The reason this is such a good idea is because 1) since they have been invited to do so, the guests will be "picturing" thenselves as consultants and 2) the guests now have it in thier heads that they are going to receive something at the end of the evening. When they checkout, Nancy has the opportunity pamphlets handy and says something like "Did that look easy to you?" Regardless of the response, she makes sure that the guest goes home with the pamplet, even if it is just to hold on to for someone they know. THEN she gives them the recipe card and says something like "...and here is a really great recipe for you to enjoy". It works great because the guests are EXPECTING to receive both bits of info since she mentioned she would give them out earlier in her presentation AND because people love getting free things, even if it is just a recipe card. (Of course, be sure to stamp/label the card with your info!)

Just thought I'd share. Nancy Francis rocks!

i type up the receipe that i am cooking the show and use the pretty colors to make the paper stand out. every show i have done the guests are soo happy that i give them the receipe to the food that i am cooking. they but the items it took me to make it too.

I give out the recipe cards from paperwork/supply. The past month, I've been bringing a bunch of different ones & let them choose while I'm checking them out. It's kept them at the table so I can talk to them. I usually choose a recipe for the demo in one of our cookbooks, so I tell them that's where I got it. I usually sell at least one cookbook per show. If it's not in a cookbook (tapas) then I'll either bring the recipe with me to hand out, or I'll tell them to give me their email address & I'll send it.

I post recipes on my website that change each month, and give out recipes at the END of the show when I am closing out each customer. This is the same time, at which I ask if they want information on the PC opportunity, or info on hosting their own show.

ChefAmber said:
i type up the receipe that i am cooking the show and use the pretty colors to make the paper stand out. every show i have done the guests are soo happy that i give them the receipe to the food that i am cooking. they but the items it took me to make it too.

When I first started, I used to type up the recipe that I was making that night to give to the guest. Now I tell the guest if you would like this recipe write your email down (on the door prize slips) and I will email it to you. :)

I have always told the guests that if they want the recipe to make sure they write doen their email on the order form.

I did just start giving out recipes for what ever theme we are in at the time. The other night I gave out the recipe card for the Phyllo Asparagus thingys. Isn't that awful I can't even remember what they are called. LOL!!!

I give out the recipe cards to each guest at the end of the show. That is IF I remember:D !

I've been giving out the recipes but I'm thinking of instead telling them it will be on the website for a week and that they should bookmark the website to see new recipes and check out the outlet.

I give out the Celebrations cards when I'm taking orders. Not everyone has email/internet access, and this way, everyone leaves with a little goodie.

I know some folks who have great success with emailing the recipe to people at the show THAT NIGHT. Then, when the guests check their email the next morning, it's there.

Hi Rebecca and all,

I don't hand out recipe card, but I do tell them that if they give me their email addresses on the order form I will email it to them. This way I get their email and add them to my contact list. I also email the current month's feature recipe and host/guest specials to everyone on my email list. It let's everyone know I am still around and I have gotten a few rebookings and individual sales this way.

Happy Selling

e-mail recipeIf it is in a cookbook, I tell others which one it is. Have sold several cookbooks this way. If it isn't...I ask for their e-mail so that I can e-mail it to them. That way I have their e-mail and can keep in touch with them though out the year.

For those of you that post it online or email it...what do you do for people that don't have/give email?? Nothing? Just wondering...

I give them out when I remember and have them onhand. Otherwise I direct them to my website or offer to email them the recipe if they request it.

1. How can I obtain recipe cards from Pampered Chef?

As a Pampered Chef consultant, you can purchase recipe cards directly from the company's website. You can also earn free recipe cards as part of the Pampered Chef host rewards program. Additionally, some consultants may choose to give recipe cards as a gift with purchase or as a thank you to their customers.

2. Can I customize the recipe cards with my own recipes?

Yes, you can customize the recipe cards with your own recipes. Pampered Chef offers a variety of templates and designs for you to choose from, and you can add your own text and images to create a personalized recipe card. This is a great way to showcase your favorite recipes and share them with your customers.

3. Do I have to give out recipe cards at every Pampered Chef party?

No, it is not required to give out recipe cards at every Pampered Chef party. However, many consultants find that giving out recipe cards is a great way to provide value to their customers and encourage them to try new recipes. It can also help build customer loyalty and increase sales in the long run.

4. Can I order recipe cards in bulk for a discounted price?

Yes, you can order recipe cards in bulk for a discounted price. Pampered Chef offers a bulk order option for consultants, which allows you to purchase multiple packs of recipe cards at a discounted rate. This is a great option if you plan to give out recipe cards frequently or want to stock up on your favorite designs.

5. Are the recipe cards dishwasher safe?

No, the recipe cards are not dishwasher safe. They are made of paper and can be easily damaged by water. It is recommended to hand wash the recipe cards with a damp cloth if needed. To ensure the longevity of your recipe cards, store them in a dry place away from moisture.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Tracy99
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
kristina16marie
  • PamperedK
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
PamperedK
  • PamperedchefDaly