• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Sending Thank You Cards for Your Business: Yay or Nay?

M
mmmorgan20
Just wondering if you guys hand write Thank You notes to your customers and hosts... Since I'm just starting out, I thought it would be nice if I sent out a Thank You note with my business card in it. I thought an e-mail might be too impersonal...

I wrote something like this:

"Thank you so much for your recent Pampered Chef order. I hope you are enjoying your new kitchen tools.
Please keep me in mind for future orders or if you'd like to host a show and earn FREE products like "hosts name" did.
Thanks again,
Megan"

What do you guys do?

I send thank you cards to my hosts and to customers who order over $100. I hand-write "thank you" on all receipts (I use all PP receipts) and attach recipes for certain products (Quick Stir Pitcher, Mini Muffin Pan, etc.) I also include a little tip on most of the receipts next to a given product (like if someone orders an ice cream dipper, I write "HAND WASH ONLY" next to it.) I also highlight my information on the receipt.

On CC under the DOWNLOAD SECTION - there is a pre-made THANK YOUs that you can print out. This is a good idea for guests and just staple on their receipt.

I still like the idea of a hand-written thank you card for my Hosts - and they seem to like it too.

It just depends how much time you want to spend on things like that. :)

That thank you on CC must be a Canadian thing. I don't see it on the US CC.
Can someone post it, please?

dianevill said:
I send thank you cards to my hosts and to customers who order over $100. I hand-write "thank you" on all receipts (I use all PP receipts) and attach recipes for certain products (Quick Stir Pitcher, Mini Muffin Pan, etc.) I also include a little tip on most of the receipts next to a given product (like if someone orders an ice cream dipper, I write "HAND WASH ONLY" next to it.) I also highlight my information on the receipt.

Do you have a portable printer or something? Can you explain this process to me? Like do you have them fill out an "outside order form" and hand that into you when they are ready to place their order at the party?

I'm sorry if you are saying "Duh, girl, you should be able to figure this out on your own"!!!!:eek:

The thank you letter is on Pampered Plus.
I do write thank yous and I also ordered the Thank you postcards from Merrill and I send those out.

ChefSharain said:
Do you have a portable printer or something? Can you explain this process to me? Like do you have them fill out an "outside order form" and hand that into you when they are ready to place their order at the party?

I'm sorry if you are saying "Duh, girl, you should be able to figure this out on your own"!!!!:eek:

No, not a "duh" at all!!! I do have them fill out the outside order form from CC. I bring along my laptop, enter the order, and then both the customer and I initial the order form after we go over it; then she can take it home (I tell everyone ahead of time that this is not an official receipt, it's just a record of the transaction and that all my info is on there in case they need to contact me). I then print out the receipts at home and mail them to the host with anything else I need to send.

Mailing individual thank you's can get costly. I email thank you's to anyone who provides their email address, I write thank you on all the P3 receipts and thank each guest as I get their order. If you want to hand write thank you's, I'd mail them with the receipts to the host. IMO.

Sorry ladies - I didn't realize it was a CDN thing.

I do as Traci suggested, hand-write a ThankYou to the Host and include it in the Show receipts. For EACH guest would be too expensive and not necessarily beneficial compared to the cost.

let me clarify, the host thank you letter is on PPP.

I put a thank you postcard in the mail for my hosts right after the show, or the next morning, just thanking the host for the party. When I close her show and send her the receipt, I include the host thank you letter from PP.

This is what it says for "Individual Orders" on P3:

"Dear FIRST LAST,

Thank you for your Pampered Chef product order. I appreciate the opportunity to do business with you, and I'm sure you will find your new products as useful as I have.

There are just a few more things that I would like you to know. I sent your paperwork to the Home Office on XX/XX/2008. You can expect delivery from the shipper on or before XX/XX/2008.

Please contact me immediately if there are any damaged or missing items. The Pampered Chef will pay for returns only during the first 30 days from your order's ship date, should that be necessary.

Also, our warranty is extended for one year! (Longer for some products.) I encourage you to keep your receipt in a safe place and to call me if you have any questions.

Again, I want to thank you for ordering Pampered Chef products. It has been a pleasure working with you, and I would love the opportunity to do it again in the future. If I can ever be of further assistance, please do not hesitate to call me.

Sincerely,

FIRST LAST
Your Consultant"

I think this says it all. You can customize it as you like, but I like how it points out the warranty.

You can print this multiple times on a sheet of colored paper and staple it to each receipt, then sign your name at the bottom with a "thanks!" I've done this, and people appreciate the personal touch. HTH!

I send the pre-made thank you if its an individual order and make thank you cards for each guest.

OK, wait... Are we supposed to print out everyone's receipts and mail them to the customer? If so, I did not know that. I saw that we have those PP blank receipt packet but thought it was optional... Uh Oh....

It is optional. A lot of people use the write-in receipts that PC provides us, and use the PP receipts for outside orders (or they fill out a write-in receipt). I like the PP receipts because they just seem "neater" to me. Completely optional.

You're ok, Megan :).

OK, now I'm kinda confused. I just assumed everyone was sent a receipt. What is the write-in receipt? I haven't given anyone any sort of receipt at all.

mmmorgan20 said:
OK, now I'm kinda confused. I just assumed everyone was sent a receipt. What is the write-in receipt? I haven't given anyone any sort of receipt at all.

Their order form acts as a receipt. Do you give them a copy of their order form?

The write in receipts are the ones we get from PC at change-over (item number JG29).

I found a postcard design on Vista that looks so much like our dots pattern. I did a "Thank you for hosting a show with me" and put a coupon for referrals. I haven't sent any out yet since I haven't done any shows since I got them a week or so ago. Gotta love Vista's freebies.

mmmorgan20 said:

The sheet that's sent from HO is a packing slip only. It's not an actual receipt. You should give your guests a copy of the order form (the 3-ply write-in forms from supply order) or send the host printed receipts from P3 to include with the orders.

It's covered on page 1 of the policies and procedures.

I mail a handwritten thank you card to my hosts only.

mmmorgan20 said:
OK, wait... Are we supposed to print out everyone's receipts and mail them to the customer? If so, I did not know that.

I saw that we have those PP blank receipt packet but thought it was optional... Uh Oh....

I do print mine out and I have a stamp from stampin up that says Thank you for your business. I stamp that on the reciept and put it with their items. If it is direct shipped, I mail them the reciept. My write in recipets are always messy, so I like to get them a nice one from the computer.

So, that can get expensive if you have to send everyone a receipt. Most, if not all of my orders are from people out of state.
Where on PPP does it have a spot for printing a receipt? Oh, and I had some computer problems and lost a few orders AFTER I had submitted them and I did my first order on my moms computer in Oregon and she already removed PPP on her computer. Soo, I'm kinda lost about this receipt thing...
I'm just not understanding why we have to print and send out a receipt to everyone that orders. UGH!

mmmorgan20 said:
So, that can get expensive if you have to send everyone a receipt. Most, if not all of my orders are from people out of state.
Where on PPP does it have a spot for printing a receipt? Oh, and I had some computer problems and lost a few orders AFTER I had submitted them and I did my first order on my moms computer in Oregon and she already removed PPP on her computer. Soo, I'm kinda lost about this receipt thing...
I'm just not understanding why we have to print and send out a receipt to everyone that orders. UGH!

Unless they submit an order on the triplicate form and keep a copy, they don't have a receipt for guarantee purposes. Not getting one is like buying something at Target and not getting a receipt.

You can print them from P3 by selecting the show in the lower left. Immediately above the show list, there'll be a button that says "Print sales receipts." You can choose all of the receipts for a show or just one (or a couple).

If you use the 3-part forms at shows, you can give those guests a copy at the show and tell them to keep that as their official copy. Then you won't have to print those, just the outside orders and host order.

That's a lot of stamps if I have to do that. I might as well send a thank you card with their receipt. Right?

dianevill said:
No, not a "duh" at all!!! I do have them fill out the outside order form from CC. I bring along my laptop, enter the order, and then both the customer and I initial the order form after we go over it; then she can take it home (I tell everyone ahead of time that this is not an official receipt, it's just a record of the transaction and that all my info is on there in case they need to contact me). I then print out the receipts at home and mail them to the host with anything else I need to send.

That is fantastic information. I am soo going to send out those receipts to my hosts. They are sooo professional looking too.

If I sent my receipts to my host, then they would have to mail them to their friends and family. My husband is in the military so my friends are scattered everywhere. So now I'm supposed to spend money on stamps and send everyone a receipt? Can't I just e-mail them out? This is just seeming so stupid to be completely honest...Are you sure that they don't have one in their box when they have their order shipped directly to them? That totally would make sense....

mmmorgan20 said:
If I sent my receipts to my host, then they would have to mail them to their friends and family. My husband is in the military so my friends are scattered everywhere. So now I'm supposed to spend money on stamps and send everyone a receipt? Can't I just e-mail them out? This is just seeming so stupid to be completely honest...

Are you sure that they don't have one in their box when they have their order shipped directly to them? That totally would make sense....

If you email a receipt, it won't have the boilerplate on the back that needs to be there for legal reasons. And there is no receipt in the box, just a packing slip.

mmmorgan20 said:
If I sent my receipts to my host, then they would have to mail them to their friends and family. My husband is in the military so my friends are scattered everywhere. So now I'm supposed to spend money on stamps and send everyone a receipt? Can't I just e-mail them out? This is just seeming so stupid to be completely honest...

Are you sure that they don't have one in their box when they have their order shipped directly to them? That totally would make sense....

I mail the receipts to the host before she receives the producs. Then she puts the receipts with the orders.

You are right about direct ship orders. There is no receipt w/ direct ship orders. You do have to mail those to the customer, or give them one at check out (the write-in receipts).

dianevill said:
I mail the receipts to the host before she receives the products. Then she puts the receipts with the orders.

You are right about direct ship orders. There is no receipt w/ direct ship orders. You do have to mail those to the customer, or give them one at check out (the write-in receipts).

OK, now that makes sense. For the customers that ship to their host, then I should mail her the receipts... I can do that. BUT, most people have it shipped directly to them. That's a pain. Guess I can write off all those stamps I'm going to have to buy.

Also, when I signed up to sell I was in Oregon and I submitted my first show using my moms computer. All those are now gone because my mom uninstalled PPP on her computer. Then I finally got PPP on my MAC and had some problems with it and took it off, so those two shows are now gone. I feel like I'm totally screwed on getting those receipts to those customers. Is there a way to get them back????

There isn't any way that I know of to get them back. However, it's possible for someone to exchange a product without a receipt. They just have to know the state, host, and approximate date of the sale. The HO can look things up for them with that information, which is all available on the receipt they have.Don't get me wrong. It's better to have the official receipt, however, there's no reason to fret about the orders you've lost.

Well, that makes me feel better. Now I know what to do. Boy, that's a lot of paperwork and stamps.
Thanks for the info.

If you are passionate about this issue, send a note to HO suggesting that they put receipts in the direct-ship orders. It may not happen overnight, but if enough consultants suggest it, they'll look into the feasibility.

chefann said:
If you are passionate about this issue, send a note to HO suggesting that they put receipts in the direct-ship orders. It may not happen overnight, but if enough consultants suggest it, they'll look into the feasibility.

Thanks for the tip. I will definitely do that. I hope others will too.

1. Do you hand write thank you notes to your customers and hosts?

Yes, as a representative of Pampered Chef, we believe in the personal touch and make the effort to hand write thank you notes to our customers and hosts.

2. Is it a good idea to send thank you cards with business cards included?

Absolutely! It's a great way to show appreciation and also promote your business at the same time.

3. Is sending an email thank you too impersonal?

While email thank yous are convenient, they can sometimes feel impersonal. A handwritten note shows that you took the time and effort to express your gratitude.

4. Can you provide an example of a thank you note for a customer?

Sure! Here's an example: "Thank you so much for your recent Pampered Chef order. I hope you are enjoying your new kitchen tools. Please keep me in mind for future orders or if you'd like to host a show and earn FREE products like [host's name] did. Thanks again, [your name]"

5. What is the purpose of including a business card in a thank you note?

Including a business card in a thank you note allows customers and hosts to easily contact you for future orders or potential host opportunities. It also serves as a reminder of your business and can lead to future sales.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• melaniepc
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
raebates
  • heather223
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
ilovpc
  • PamperedchefDaly