• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Many Consultants Are in Each Region?

G
Gagescorpages
Okay-
wasn't sure where to post this...
I have a potential recruit who wants to know how many consultants are in her region before she decides to join... :confused:
Any clue how to find this out???

My guess would be to call your sales manager at HO to see...

Another thing you can bring up is that even if there are a lot of consultants, they may not be doing more than one or two shows every two months! So, you have to weigh how many consultants are there as well as how much they want to work.

Didn't HO address this at Leadership? I remember seeing a map up there and Marla talking....

DebbieJ said:
Didn't HO address this at Leadership? I remember seeing a map up there and Marla talking....

I think the map referred to shows held... and they talked about doing shows outside of your town... and showed areas where shows had never been done. I can't remember exactly though...

Hmmmm. I would keep asking her questions to see what other concerns are there. I have 2 girls I signed on my team that live 2 doors away 1 in each direction. another that is 1 block up.
Kate is right it depends on Activity not amount :)

I don't think HO really releases that info. Which is okay...since it's completely irrelevant. Knowing the total number doesn't reflect how many are actually working their business. (It drives me nuts when a potential consultant asks this question!!!:grumpy:)

If you absolutely want to know, you can find out by going to the Find a Consultant feature on the PC home page. Leave the first name blank, type in A for the last name, and then the city. Every consultant within a certain distance (35 miles? 50 miles?) whose last name begins with A will come up. Repeat this until you've gone thru the alphabet (the server will let you submit an inquiry about 4 times before it knocks you off).

I did this when I moved last winter. Of 44 names that came up in the search, only 16 had websites...and of those, only 10 websites were up to date. Even if as many as 25% of those 10 consultants were working PC 'full-time', that's only 2-3 consultants.

Someone correct me if my logic is flawed, but I think this provides a clearer answer to how many consultants are 'out there'. Honestly, it is nearly impossible to saturate a market. My favorite way of putting it in perspective is to suggest the lead go stand at the entrance of Wal-Mart for 30 minutes around 5:00pm and count the number of folks that go in. Chances are if she did a show for each of those people, she'd be booked full for the year.:)

That makes sense Leggy. I have a girl wondering something similar. Only HER circumstance is a bit different because she is getting ready to be stationed on base in England. Her business will be limited to ONLY those ON base. So if there are already several consultants in England doing PC, it will make a difference on whether or not she signs. (Although...I still don't see how that would matter since she just wants to be a hobbiest anyway)

At Conference they took a neighborhood near Chicago and showed the number of shows held over a year I think it was. The map showed whole sections of town where there were no shows held during that time. The whole point was that even where Pampered Chef was started we are not saturated.

...at least that's how I remember it.

The 'find a consultant' feature doesn't work with APO locations (unless the company that handles it has made modifications).

As someone who started her business overseas (APO in Germany), I think she should consider signing regardless of how many consultants may or may not be there. She has nothing to lose and everything to gain.

If she can qualify before going to England, she'll earn some commission, some PC$, be eligible to purchase the fall/winter samples packages, and purchase additional products at 50% off during her fourth month (provided she is still active that month).

Worst case scenario, she gets to England and finds she is one of several active consultants on the base (which depending on its size, may not matter at all). If it's a small community, she can still stay active enough to maintain her discounts...thereby adding to her kit while learning about the business. (Best case, she gets there and rocks.)

I have a team member who started her business on a base w/only 25 American families. She did a small show every other month. After a year, she came back to the states and is now applying what she learned to build her business here.

(Okay, I promise to stay off the soap box...this topic touches a nerve. I hate to see people allow false fears to keep them from trying something.):cry:

I love your wording Leggy! Thanks for that...I will have to try that approach with her. Bottom line is either she really wants to or she doesn't. (Hopefully she does though!)

I've heard concerns from potential consultants from both sides of the spectrum. Some that are worried that an area is too saturated (the example from conference was the exact counties that I tend to do shows in that are close to the home office...I've never been concerned with saturation) and some that feel their towns are too small to start up a business. My director started in a town of 375 people and built a HUGE business. She's an SED and makes an unbelievable amount of money! So, like it was said, if she really wants to do it, she'll do it! I hope so!!

pamperedbecky said:
I've heard concerns from potential consultants from both sides of the spectrum. Some that are worried that an area is too saturated (the example from conference was the exact counties that I tend to do shows in that are close to the home office...I've never been concerned with saturation) and some that feel their towns are too small to start up a business. My director started in a town of 375 people and built a HUGE business. She's an SED and makes an unbelievable amount of money! So, like it was said, if she really wants to do it, she'll do it! I hope so!!

Becky, I totally agree with you! I live in a small town surrounded by even smaller towns in rural Maine. I've also built a team in this small community and the communities around it. This is the way I think about it and what I tell my new team members... when heading out on errands, take a look at how many homes you pass by on your way there. Then, think about the potential. Every single house your pass by is a potential host home. Even in my small community, there are thousands of homes that could possibly be my next pontential show spot.

Related to How Many Consultants Are in Each Region?

1. How many consultants are currently in my region?

The exact number of consultants in a specific region may vary depending on the time and source of the data. However, this information can usually be found by contacting the company's regional office or human resources department.

2. Is the number of consultants in my region increasing or decreasing?

This information may not be readily available, but it can be obtained by analyzing past data or conducting a survey among current consultants in the region. Additionally, the company's financial reports may provide insight into the overall growth or decline of consultants in a specific region.

3. How does the number of consultants in my region compare to other regions?

The company may have set benchmarks or targets for the number of consultants in each region. This information can be obtained by contacting the company's regional office or reviewing their annual reports. Comparing the number of consultants in different regions can also provide valuable insights into the company's growth and market reach.

4. Are there any specific requirements or qualifications for consultants in my region?

Some companies may have specific requirements or qualifications for consultants in different regions. This information can usually be found on the company's website or by contacting the regional office. It is important to ensure that you meet these requirements before joining as a consultant in a particular region.

5. How many consultants are typically assigned to each region?

The number of consultants assigned to a region may vary depending on the company's structure and business model. Some companies may have a larger number of consultants in a region to cater to a larger market, while others may have a smaller team for a more targeted approach. This information can usually be obtained by contacting the company's regional office or human resources department.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Inomiamenda
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
annew
Replies
Views
jwpamp
  • Inomiamenda
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies