• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How long should I keep my paperwork for shows and guests?

In summary, Kristin recommends keeping paperwork for a month after a show closes, making sure to follow up with customers if they can't find their receipt, and shredding paperwork after a year.
krzymomof4
Silver Member
Since I started with PC 2 years ago, I have kept a paper record of all my shows, including the hosts guest list and a copy of each guests receipts. Well I am now spilling out of my file cabinet and don't know where to go from here. I originally liked the idea of having a copy of everyones paperwork in case something happened with PP, but now it is just becoming a nuisance. What is the rule of thumb on how long to keep these? If you do at all.

Toss 'em
If something happens with PP PC will have a record of the customers order.
I only hold onto the recipts for a monthto amke sure the customers got everything & I didn't mess up when entering after 1 month they are outta here!!

I generally hold onto the bulk of the paperwork for about a month after the show closes. This helps me to have the answers to any questions handy.

After about a month, I go through through the paperwork. I make sure I've made note of anything I need to follow up on--i.e. contact in September @ show, interested in stoneware sale, etc. I also make sure I have a record of the show details--what I made, number of guests, guest sales, show and close dates, etc. At that point everything goes into the burnables.

In case something happens to PP, I make sure I back it up after making any changes.

Well, I keep my stuff forever... its the pack rat in me. I box everything up and put the year on it and store it downstairs in the basement... along with my tax stuff!

I have been having problems getting my PP to back up, so I find it nice to have the hard copies on hand if I ever need them.

I understand, Kristin. I have some serious pack-rat tendencies of my own. It takes everything in me to toss out paperwork, but I would be buried in the stuff if I didn't.

Of course, I've not had the backup problems you've had. That would probably be enough to make me hold on to everything!

AFter a year with PC and trying to figure the best way for me here is what I have come up with: Guests use an OOF to place their order. I give them a form receipt (8 1/2 x 11 piece of paper) that states their amount, how they paid and their name; paper also includes info on hosting their own show, adding to their order, etc. At home after the show I input their order from the OOF. I print up a PC receipt with a thank you note attached to each receipt, and mail them to the host. I keep the OOF for my follow up calls that I make about 3-4 weeks after the show. When I have made contact with the guest making sure they had received their product and doing my "customer care call" thing I then shred the OOF.

Just a few months ago I finally took a deep breath and shredded everything over a year old. First I made sure I had all the customers' info both in PP and in Customer Connection -- then I shredded away!!

Thanks for all of your input. I am trying to let it go. I am just scared that as soon as I shred them, someone will call and say they bought a stone 2 years ago and they can't find their receipt and want me to take care of it for them.

If they can't find their receipt, you can just print one from PP. You don't need the original.

And, you can generally find the info from the HO. I think all they need is the state and the host's name.

I only keep my paperwork for about a month after the show closes. I can't stand paperwork! I back up my PP everytime.

Thanks for sharing all this info. I'm just starting out and already I can see there being a BIG problem with DH if I don't get a handle on all this "clutter"

Related to How long should I keep my paperwork for shows and guests?

What can I do to organize my overflowing files?

One solution is to invest in a filing cabinet or storage boxes to keep your physical documents in order. You can also create digital folders on your computer to store electronic files.

How do I determine which files to keep and which to get rid of?

Start by going through each file and asking yourself if it is necessary for your current job or personal life. If not, consider shredding or deleting it. Consider keeping important documents such as tax records and contracts.

What is the best way to label my files for easy retrieval?

Choose a consistent labeling system that makes sense to you. Use broad categories and subcategories if needed. Color coding or using labels can also help with organization.

How often should I clean out my files?

It's a good idea to do a thorough file purge at least once a year. You can also set a reminder to regularly go through and get rid of any unnecessary files.

Is there a way to reduce the amount of paper clutter in my files?

Consider going paperless for bills, statements, and other documents that can be accessed digitally. You can also scan important papers and save them electronically to reduce physical clutter.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• lisacb77
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
pampchefrhondab
  • ginamkiely
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
ginamkiely
  • LBurke