• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Do You Keep Your Show Paperwork Organized?

T
twinmomjen
I'm looking for tips and ideas for keeping all those receipts, hostess wish list, guest list, correspondence, etc. organized per show. Do you use a folder? A large envelope? Any great ideas lurking out there?! Thanks!

I use manilla file folders (1/3 tab). On the tab, I write the hostess, date and the show number, also if it is a catalog or kitchen show. I carry it with me to the show and file it after the show closes. I keep everything in that folder, you can add wish list items in PP. Hope this helps, I will keep looking back at this one, there may be better ideas out there!! Change is good!!

:)

I got a folder with closure on it, that at the show I put the orders and the payment in it to keep it separate. I put my catalog and order form in a folder to give each guest as they come in or I have it laying in the seat. When I get home I have a folder with the host name on it that i transfer the orders to. I write "PP" on the order forms to show I have entered them in Pampered Partner.

I have 3 bins. One for paperwork to take to the show, one for "after the show," and one for extra paperwork that I file everything in.

i bought a hard plastic 3 file pocket thing that i am going to hang in my closet. my bedroom is my office and i dont have alot of room to file stuff. I hope it works!

I use a large white envelope and put the hosts name, show number, etc.on it and put everything in there and keep all of them filed by show # in a small crate in my office closet. As far as the wish lists go, I make sure that I input everything into PP when I am doing the orders so that I can run monthly wish list reports and don't have to worry about going through paperwork.

How do you enter wish lists in PP? I am still pretty new to this. I know my hosts didn't get everything on their lists so would love to track.

Taming the Paper Monster!I'm going to keep a close eye on this discussion as I really need to improve in this area.

I feel like I stay pretty organized with my shows - each host gets a separate folder, and I keep these in show date order.

But I am forever weeding through PILES at my computer, sifting and sorting, pitching and piling. It drives me crazy but I can't ever seem to stop!

As I try to build my number of shows each month, it just seems to get worse!

I don't have a separate office space available for my business....so my work space comes down to my computer desk in the family room, and I keep all of my products, show to go, crates, etc in a tiny room off of my garage. I call that my Pampered Chef pantry....but really it's a clutter spot too!

The biggest part of my problem is ME....I am a self-proclaimed stacker and procrastinator! :rolleyes:

I have been reading lots of posts lately about a power hour, and would love to learn more about that - but feel like I need to get myself better organized before I try to start doing that.

Melinda

Large manila envelopes for me with everything in show date order. I like envelopes because I can take those to the show and not worry about checks falling out. I glue the host info sheets to the front that I d/l from consultants corner. Everything I do gets logged on the info sheet. That keeps everything in one place for each show and for following up. I've been trying to utilize PP alot more and enter in everything I can think of. I saved order forms forever - I dont know why.

I am lucky that I have an office - its our bonus room over the garage. It is MINE. One side is PC with my desk and a large counter with a bin I got from Sams Club with 12 slots for paperwork such as specials, order forms, opportunity brochures, stuff I print off of here. I need a 2nd one. I have a couple files boxes that the show folders are in. The other side is my sewing machine and my TV and treadmill.

I read where Scotty Brister does not save order forms or anything. Everything goes in PP after a show. She runs almost a paperless office.

I have a manilla folder for the hostess, everything goes in there. I file it away for about 6mo, just so that I can grab a folder and do cc calls when at ball games, etc. then it goes in the trash. i back up pp to my stick drive. the only thing I really save is receipts for supplies. everything else I save on my stick and just print it out when needed.

for some of the things that i get that arent on computer I put in a binder. I have one for recruiting, recipes, and bookings. thankfully there isnt much in there, but I hate to throw away some of the good flyers. one day i'll learn how to scan them in--just not up to it yet!

oh, and nancy's postcards are in a photo storage box with tab dividers. recruit leads leads in a spiral notebook that can be carried with me too. as you can tell, i'm very portable--do lots on the run. i also have a little storage box in my car with catalogs/order forms/notepad/pens!! just in case!

I use manilla folders. To me they're easier because I don't have to empty them to see all of the contents. As soon as a host schedules a show I start her (of course, I always mean "her or his") folder. I keep a printout of her contact sheet and any directions in the folder. I write her website password on the outside as soon as I set that up. When I host coach I write any pertinent info on the outside of that folder.I take the folder with me to the show (or to close a catalog show). Checks and cash go in a bank bag so they won't get lost. All orders go into the folder. After I transmit the show, I write the reference number, date, and time on the folder. I also write down the sales total.Once the products have been received, I wait a month before clearing out the folder. All of that information is on my computer, and I back it up regularly. I keep the folder itself until she hosts another show. This way I have all the details (how many people she had, what recipe I made, etc.) as a bit of a guide for her next show.

soonerchef said:
I use a large white envelope and put the hosts name, show number, etc.on it and put everything in there and keep all of them filed by show # in a small crate in my office closet. As far as the wish lists go, I make sure that I input everything into PP when I am doing the orders so that I can run monthly wish list reports and don't have to worry about going through paperwork.

Hey, you got your star:)

HOw do you get a star?

ChefTotsy said:
HOw do you get a star?

700 posts...Greg will up the amount as more people hit 700 and 1000 to make sure that it stays an elite group...so, post post post!!

lisacb77 said:
How do you enter wish lists in PP? I am still pretty new to this. I know my hosts didn't get everything on their lists so would love to track.

When you have a guest or host that has a wish list, stuff that they really want but can't purchase at the moment, you enter the product number and enter the amount as 0...this will put that person's wish list items in the wish list report. You can run reports as often as you like but I run them at the end of the month so that I can see if any one wants either the host or guest special. It is a great way to boost your sales and hopefully get some shows booked.

Thank you! Can you add that in after you've closed the show, or do you need to add it before closing to go on a wish list?

HI everyone and especially Melinda...
I too, seem to have clutter, but have gotten better after 8 years of doing this. I have my "office space" in my family room and my "other stuff" in my garage area!! Driving the hubby crazy.
I do have a literature file type setup (from Sam's Club) that has 15 little cubby holes that I have all the paper work for my business. This works great and it fits perfectly on two small (two drawer) file cabinets.
I recommend getting these literature files for your business if you have the space
Hope this helps

I use manila file pockets -- they are like file folders but closed on three sides. That way all the little papers like door prize slips and the like don't fall out!!! But pretty much like everyone else does -- one pocket per show, hostess' name on the outside, date of show. I use the "Business in a Box" method for follow ups, so I set up a card for anyone I need to follow up with, and then the file pocket goes in the file cabinet.

lisacb77 said:
Thank you! Can you add that in after you've closed the show, or do you need to add it before closing to go on a wish list?

You should be able to add it after closing the show, I'm not sure though. If it does work then the show will appear as not balanced...not a big deal though. Try it...it won't hurt anything if the show is closed.

I just got a 3 ring binder and use my hole punch. After every submitted show, I print the report out of PP and put that behind the orders for that show. It has been working well so far.

Another tip is I put the tax rate on the tab of the file folder also. Great tip about putting the reference number and date/time when transmitting the show.

Ann

1. How do I keep track of receipts for my show?

One way to keep track of receipts is to use a folder or binder specifically designated for your show paperwork. You can organize the receipts by date or category, such as food and beverage, decorations, or entertainment. Alternatively, you can use a digital organization system, such as a spreadsheet or expense tracking app, to keep all your receipts in one place.

2. What is the best way to organize the hostess wish list and guest list for my show?

It is important to keep these lists in a secure and easily accessible place. You can use a folder or binder with dividers to separate the hostess wish list and guest list. Another option is to use a digital organization system, such as a spreadsheet or guest list app, to keep these lists organized.

3. How should I handle correspondence related to my show?

It is a good idea to keep all correspondence related to your show in one place, such as a designated email folder or a physical folder. Make sure to label the correspondence with the date and sender's name so you can easily reference it later. You can also use a note-taking app or program to keep track of any important information or updates.

4. Do you have any tips for keeping all the paperwork organized per show?

One helpful tip is to create a checklist of all the necessary paperwork for each show, such as receipts, guest list, and correspondence. This will help you stay organized and ensure you have all the necessary documents. Additionally, regularly cleaning out and organizing your show paperwork can help prevent clutter and make it easier to find what you need.

5. Are there any unique or creative ideas for organizing show paperwork?

Some unique ideas for organizing show paperwork include using a binder with clear plastic sleeves to store documents, creating a digital show binder with all necessary documents and information, or using a bulletin board or whiteboard to keep track of important deadlines and tasks. Ultimately, find a system that works best for you and stick with it to keep your show paperwork organized and easily accessible.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pampered2007
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
pcsharon1
  • BlessedWifeMommy
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
emo812
  • BlueMoon