• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Is Your Filing Cabinet Set Up?

In summary, the new PC seller recommends organizing paperwork and receipts using a filing system with numbered folders for each show, a folder for monthly summaries, and a rack with pre-made host packets. They also recommend storing recruiting materials in a hanging shoe organizer, storing catalogs, past shows, and business cards in a small two drawer organizer, and using a sticker system for postcards and door prizes.
ivebeen4given
I am new to selling PC and before I dive in head first I was just wondering what kind of filing systems do you have for your paperwork and receipts? Thanks in advance.

Steven :chef:

yeah.... good thread!!!! i was going to ask this!!!! Any tips or ideas or suggestions? i went through mine today and organized it but i know it can be organized better than what it is!

I'm curious about this too.

Well i started by numbering each show in a separate folder then a little observation of how the show went and ask your self what could you do to make it better and easier. I wrote down each recipe i used and of course practice your show till you know it well and don't go in and do the show with out knowing what you will be cooking..
when i started i over prepared . But now I am better.
lmonninger

From front to back....hanging file folders:
Host Specials
Guest Specials (these so I have the numbers to enter into p3)
Open Shows-with individual file folders with host name and show number
Closed Shows-with show summary and host info and guest list for future reference
Schedule Date-for hosts who have expressed interest but not yet scheduled
Host Checklist-full of extra host coaching checklists
Planning Guides-with extra hanging folder with master copies of what I include in my host packets...ready to copy
Recruiting forms and flyers
Flyers-wedding registry, Fundraisers, Host benefits
Order forms-extra generic order forms for use at shows
Sales Receipts-Blank P3 sales receipts
Commission Statements-of course you all know what those are!!
Receipts-for all my business expenses with seperate folders for each year...so all my tax related receipts are neat and easy to find.

Hope that makes sense....it's probably not perfect...but it works pretty good for me....much more organized than the rest of my life!!

Mine is pretty much like Jenne's except instead of a Closed Show folder, I have a folder for each month. As each show closes, I staple all the paperwork together and file them by the month. At the end of the year, I put the full year's shows in a manilla envelope and store for reference. After 2 years, I'll discard them. Tax receipts I put into an envelope and store once my taxes are filed each year.

I have a file rack on top of my cabinet with host packets already made up. All I have to do is fill in the date, time and add monthly and guest special flyers.

I also found a good tip on here. I have a closet beside my desk so I have a hanging shoe organizer for invitation packs, dvds, Seasons Bests, small giveaways (citrus peelers, twix-its, i-slice, etc), drawing slips,treat bags, etc. inside the door. The individual pockets are just the right size and it keeps me from being so cluttered or having to find a box or drawer for all of it.

I have files for PP receipts, show planners, SBRB, receipts by year (only two years worth), one folder that has manilla folders in it with everything for my host packets so I can just grab the whole folder when doing host packets.

One thing that really helped me was I got a 3x3 wooden shelf from Target. In that I have 1) catalogs 2) recruiting info 3) large envelopes 4) host packets 5) old catalogs 6) show receipts 7) misc things. The last two sections have the cloth drawers that you can buy that have smaller items: recipe cards, post it notes, pens, DPDS, etc. With this I don't keep much in my filing cabinet. On top of it, I put all my binders (consultants news, past shows, recruiting, bookings, recipe for success, etc) along with the box of business cards and a "to be filed (or throw away eventually)" pile.

I also have a small two drawer organizer thing that has stickers for host packets and door prizes. I would eventually love to get a taller drawer organizer to put stuff in but that comes with getting rid of the matresses that are taking up the room in my office. One with small drawers on top and bigger ones on bottom.

I have stacks of stuff sitting all over my office, and also my dining room table, and the end table in the family room.....

Oh - wait - that's probably not what you meant by filing system is it?

:D :D :eek: :eek: :D :D

Okay, here is the cube thing I was talking about
http://www.target.com/Cube-Collection-Maple/dp/B000FTLF82/qid=1201873461/ref=br_1_4/602-2979794-9307808?ie=UTF8&node=13814321&frombrowse=1&rh=&page=1

The item I want is similar to this but has more drawers
http://www.target.com/White-Sterilite-4-Drawer-Plastic-Wheels/dp/B0006O0EE2/ref=sc_ri_3/602-2979794-9307808

I also use a shoe holder for all my postcards, love this idea! It's similar to this (I bought it at BBB) but it has clear pockets
Bed Bath & Beyond Product

WOW! That's a LOT of paper!I'm pretty much paperless... I only print what I need and use it. I don't keep copies of the specials and I don't keep copies of my sales receipts. I don't have any place to keep it all!When I started I kept copies of EVERYTHING but then realized I never went back to any sales receipts... if someone needed one I just printed it off from PP or P3. I make my own invitations for hosts so I only print what I need of those.... The only things I keep are the CN's in a magazine box on my self and only keep the last 12 months of those.I do have a plastic shoe box with the use and care cards in them but that's about it... Anything else I think is worthwhile keeping I keep in 3-ring binders in my shelf.

I only have a Longaberger filing basket with a filing cabinet I felt compelled to keep it full thus creating & keeping unnecessary things.My files are:
PP RECEIPTS I just pull out as many as needed and fill my copier
LABELS these have individual folders for catalog labels, address labels, old catalog, my info labels etc
ORIGINALS these are what I put in my host packets
TAXES all receipts (at the top I put 12 paperclips at the beginning of the year). I keep my receipts clipped by month and when a new month starts I just grab a new clip saves time sorting thru a mess of them later.
TO COPY any host & guest specials or flyers I don't ahve time to copy at the moment
READ LATER newsletters or info that I don't have time for

finley1991 said:
WOW! That's a LOT of paper!

I'm pretty much paperless... I only print what I need and use it. I don't keep copies of the specials and I don't keep copies of my sales receipts. I don't have any place to keep it all!

When I started I kept copies of EVERYTHING but then realized I never went back to any sales receipts... if someone needed one I just printed it off from PP or P3. I make my own invitations for hosts so I only print what I need of those.... The only things I keep are the CN's in a magazine box on my self and only keep the last 12 months of those.

I do have a plastic shoe box with the use and care cards in them but that's about it... Anything else I think is worthwhile keeping I keep in 3-ring binders in my shelf.

Somehow this doesn't surprise me about you... espeically after meeting you at Champs. I think you could be the poster child for a "less is more" campaign!

ChefBeckyD said:
I have stacks of stuff sitting all over my office, and also my dining room table, and the end table in the family room.....

Oh - wait - that's probably not what you meant by filing system is it?

:D :D :eek: :eek: :D :D

Becky - do we share a organizational brain? :blushing:

That is EXACTLY where I am at right now.

I personally keep almost everything in P3 - I shred order forms after show submission because of CC information that may be on them. I keep drawing slips but they are in a pile right now.

I have a cabinet in the basement for my supplies but half are there and the rest are in rubbermaid totes in desperate need of sorting/cleaning/organization.

Hopefully things will die down in a few weeks and I can do that...oh wait, my calendar is busier...not with PC but with life! :eek:

Related to How Is Your Filing Cabinet Set Up?

1. How many drawers does your filing cabinet have?

Our filing cabinet has four spacious drawers for organizing and storing all of your documents and paperwork.

2. Are the drawers lockable?

Yes, all of the drawers in our filing cabinet come with a lock and key for added security and peace of mind.

3. How deep are the drawers?

The drawers in our filing cabinet are 18 inches deep, providing ample space for both letter and legal-sized documents.

4. Can the filing cabinet accommodate hanging file folders?

Yes, our filing cabinet is designed to accommodate both standard and legal-sized hanging file folders, making it versatile for different document sizes.

5. Is the filing cabinet made of durable materials?

Our filing cabinet is made of high-quality steel, ensuring durability and longevity for all of your filing needs.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• abrahamlaur
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
PCSarahjm
  • riggs62
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
riggs62
  • elijahstrust