• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

ifI Cant Afford to Purchase a Desk

In summary, a two drawer filing cabinet will work for now, but if you're expecting to grow your business, you will need a larger cabinet.
Denarella
right now, what size filing cabinet will do? I have a computer desk with only two small drawers and is kind of the home computer desk. My step son has requested a laptop from his dad for his rookie days of college so hopefully that will free up some time at the desk for me. But since I cant afford a new desk, will a two drawer filing cabinet do for me or is there something someone else recommends instead?

Thanks...D

I would think that would work great untill you can get exactly what you need!!!

I would think it would work fine as well.

yeah...that's the problem...I dont know WHAT I need or what to expect....I just got my kit in the mail today so Im going to hang in there and wait to see. My birthday is also coming up in October so I can always ASK for one! LOL! Hmmmmm.....

Denarella,
Look into your loacl Freecycle group. The Freecycle Network I know down here the freecyclers are ALWAYS getting rid of desks and filing cabinets. With all the colleges in your area there have GOT to be TONS of people unloading desks and such.
Your local group - MercerCountyFreecycle : Mercer County Freecycle (TM) has over 3600 members. You won't have any trouble finding a desk and/or filing cabinet for free!

Two 2-drawer filing cabinets with a door (or a piece of MDF) thrown over the top equals one desk. :thumbup:

I know I should wait to see how my business does first but I just need to know how much room I should anticipate needing....

Denarella said:
I know I should wait to see how my business does first but I just need to know how much room I should anticipate needing....

That's a good idea that way you get exactly what you want! There is a director in my cluster that uses a filebox and her recliner as her "office." I have a HUGE desk and I'm still not happy LOL. I need my hubby to customize my desk.

kaceyleigh2 said:
That's a good idea that way you get exactly what you want! There is a director in my cluster that uses a filebox and her recliner as her "office." I have a HUGE desk and I'm still not happy LOL. I need my hubby to customize my desk.

I made the BIGGEST mistake by looking in the Pottery Barn catalog I got in the mail...now everything else is DISAPPOINTING! LOL!!!:yuck:

D... I have a desk but it's already taken with house stuff so for now all my PC paperwork is in one of those big plastic bins, it hangs files. i got it for $10 at staples. i also have one other plastic bin with my catalogs and season's best books and other door prizes.

I like that idea.....cheap and not overpowering....awesome. Feel free to purchase the PB desk for me for my bday though....k?:balloon:

oh definitely you got it. the financial advisor i met with today who yelled at me about spending would love that. lol apparantly i've been cut off from shopping, sorry.

ginamkiely said:
oh definitely you got it. the financial advisor i met with today who yelled at me about spending would love that. lol apparantly i've been cut off from shopping, sorry.

You are soooo selfish....:yuck:

i know i know. sorry!! hey, i did give you a good idea about files though. i can't be THAT bad. xoxo

ginamkiely said:
i know i know. sorry!! hey, i did give you a good idea about files though. i can't be THAT bad. xoxo

Its just jealousy...I'll get over it....:cry:

:angel: :angel: :balloon:

Related to ifI Cant Afford to Purchase a Desk

1. Can I still host a Pampered Chef party if I can't afford to purchase a desk?

Yes, you can still host a Pampered Chef party even if you are unable to purchase a desk. Our parties can be held in a variety of locations, such as a kitchen or living room, so a desk is not necessary. Plus, our consultants bring all the necessary tools and equipment for the party, so you don't need to worry about providing anything.

2. Is it possible to earn a desk as a host if I can't afford to purchase one?

Absolutely! As a host, you have the opportunity to earn free and discounted products based on the sales from your party. If you are unable to purchase a desk, you can use your host rewards to get one for free or at a discounted price.

3. Can I make payments for the desk instead of paying the full amount upfront?

Unfortunately, we do not offer payment plans for our products. However, you can host a party and use your host rewards towards the purchase of a desk. You can also check with your consultant to see if there are any upcoming promotions or discounts that may help you afford the desk.

4. Are there any alternative options to a desk for hosting a Pampered Chef party?

Yes, if you are unable to purchase a desk, there are other options for hosting a party. You can use a kitchen island, dining table, or even set up a temporary workspace with a folding table and chairs. Our consultants are flexible and can work with whatever space you have available.

5. Will not having a desk affect my ability to be a successful Pampered Chef consultant?

No, not having a desk will not affect your success as a Pampered Chef consultant. While a desk can be a useful tool for organization and storage, it is not necessary to run your business. As long as you have a dedicated space to work and store your products, you can be successful as a consultant.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Jean DeVries
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pjpamchef
Replies
Views
Janice Stroud
  • hoosierchef
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies