• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Confessions of a Non-Cook: Tips for Entertaining with Confidence and Ease!

In summary, Dee is a long-time cook and seller of cooking products, and is looking to make a name for herself as a PC consultant. She is confident in front of people, can demo the products, and is excited to share her recipes with her customers. She has read all of the ideas in her kit and is looking for something "wow!" to start off her show business.
ChefDee3sons
Hello all you wonderful, awesome, delightful, otta be on comedy central, but most of all HELPFUL ppl.:) My name is Dee Im 55 and I just joined as a consultant. What ...this isnt PC Anoyomous??? cuz ... I am addicted to the stuff!! Anyways.. been a long time user...first time seller..(there goes that PCA stuff again)...will have a party on the 10th and 23rd of April ( thats all I got for now) . My first one is for a Post Master and the 2nd is for my niece w/a two yr old.

My concerns: I feel comfortable in front of ppl, can demo products, and hopefully will sell them..issue...I dont like to cook:D I raised three sons & a husband:) my oldest is a real chef and the youngest worked as a sous chef in a nice place in Newport RI for 4yrs while at college...so with those offsprings...what the hell is wrong !!!!!! My middle son..cant forget him folks..cuz he is in the US Army since 03 and is now a Drill Sargent after two deployments:angel:

So ideas please, using the kit ( which sadly is missing things that would have been better ie.. can opener, peeler, DCB..lol..) My husband of 30 yrs..says my wife can cook...just not in the kitchen.. OK..this is getting to be a long intro.. truth is I really CAN cook when I entertain!!! I just dont LOVE IT I would much rather clean! So my style...If I am confident..i can do anything!!!!..So help make me confident....thanks everyone..And yes I have read all the ideas in my kit...looking for something WOW!!!

Sleep Well America...Our Soldiers Have Your Backs...thanks, Dee

Hi Dee!

After 30 years of cooking, I don't blame you! My advice, don't cook, make your guests to it! I never cook at my shows, I pick someone (not the host, they are always busy running around or mingling and besides, they've done enough) to read the recipe and let them pick the ones to actually prep. I then reward whoever helps with some sort of doorprize. I just clean up afterwards:D
Good luck, don't sweat the small stuff, and it's all small stuff:balloon:

Welcome dee

great advise chefkelebel

OK, I started PC when I was 53, been cooking the hard way since I was 9.
Get excited about the recipes and learning to cook the PC way and you will
be an instant success with your customers!

Pick a recipe that your family will enjoy trying. Prepare it a couple of times to increase your confidence, before presenting it at one of your shows. Even consider sharing it
with a neighbor, and asking for their input. Who knows, he or she might invite you to
do a show for them. I practiced on my neighbors, cold turkey on about three recipes,
the Fall we introduced the Deep Covered Baker. I got three bookings from their all
liking the Bread pudding recipe. They wanted the Deep Covered Baker too. That is just an example. I just realized you have to work with what you have, and if you have not bought it before becoming a Consultant, put it on your list!

Practice! PC offers great easy recipes. Find a few that fit for you and offer those recipes.

OK I've been doing this for 10 years. real part time for 6 , the first 3 years did the same recipe.(chicken broccoli bread, loved it and the tools it used) because I never thought I was going to stick with it.
When I figured out I was doing this a little longer than I thought and that i was getting repeat customers I figured I better try something else. I picked up the recipe books and started cooking, they are so easy anyone can do them!!
I tell them I learned to cook with pampered chef. I am so much more comfortable in the kitchen now!!

I did this because I like the social end of it.

That's okay. I always say that PC has something for everyone who eats. Frankly, your customers will probably be a lot more like you than like those of us who enjoy cooking. Welcome, and best wishes!

Hi and welcome! I have been selling for about 7 years and LOVE to bake, but HATE to cook. It doesn't matter. I can still show my excitement for the products that make my life easier in the kitchen when I'm cooking and AWESOME when baking :). I tell my guests that I hate to cook, too, but that I've learned to embrace it b/c now I have all the right tools to do the job. There's always a way to "spin" it in sales - even if you don't absolutely love cooking, you can still sell the heck out of the products!! Best wishes - I bet you'll do great!

Thanks EVERYONE...after reading these and they were all very welcomed:) Rae..you got me girl... I can cook... I feel comfortable using the "tools"..what I was seeking was a bit of style and after reading some more about Rae...I feel I will do more than ok.. I feel good:)

my new first line , after regionals, is, " I am here to teach you to get out! of the kitchen." The DCB recipes in microwave are so fast and good . Teach them to stop going thru the fast food lanes and get their family back to the dinner table in less time and with less money. Also, give them kitchen tips or any in general cleaning! tips! We all want to gain something from what we do or the time we invest, so always have them going away with a new idea!
Welcome to our world!

Related to Confessions of a Non-Cook: Tips for Entertaining with Confidence and Ease!

1. What is "Oldie but a Newbie"?

"Oldie but a Newbie" is a collection of classic Pampered Chef products that have been updated with new and improved features to make cooking and entertaining easier and more efficient.

2. How can I purchase "Oldie but a Newbie" products?

You can purchase "Oldie but a Newbie" products through a Pampered Chef consultant or online at our website. Simply search for the product you are interested in and add it to your cart.

3. Are the "Oldie but a Newbie" products covered by the same warranty as new products?

Yes, all "Oldie but a Newbie" products come with the same warranty as new products. We stand behind the quality of all our products and will replace or repair any item that does not meet our high standards.

4. Can I use my existing Pampered Chef tools with "Oldie but a Newbie" products?

Yes, "Oldie but a Newbie" products are designed to work seamlessly with our existing line of Pampered Chef tools. You can continue to use your favorite tools while incorporating the new and improved "Oldie but a Newbie" products into your kitchen.

5. Are there any special promotions or discounts for "Oldie but a Newbie" products?

Yes, we often run promotions and discounts on our "Oldie but a Newbie" products. Be sure to check our website or contact your Pampered Chef consultant for the latest deals and offers.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• tpchefrebecca
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
amy07
  • ponvn591
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
txprincesskp
Replies