• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How does the show submission process work?

In summary, Sandi found that after setting up a show, she can select recipes to send to the host/show page. She also found that the order process is not her favorite, but the confirmation process is nice.
sandilou
Silver Member
Well, it didn't take us long to find things that weren't working quite right. What have you discovered that you love? I just found that after you set up a show, you can select recipes to send the host right from the host/show page so they have the ingred list. You can even select to have them posted with her show. How neat is that? No more copies of recipes to hand out -- you could just post it after the party. :thumbup:

What do you love?
Sandi

I do like that feature as well!

I like the interface too... it's not as database looking as p3 is and my eyes don't hurt as much looking at it.

I do like the website itself, it looks new and fresh.

I know there are some great things and I found many of them .

The part I am not sure about is that EVERYONE must have an E-Mail address or you can not log them in . Not everyone has a computer or are willing to give you there e -mail address .
Unless I am missing something . also they ask for a time on catalog shows at one point the got rid of that now its back .

I just submitted an individual order. Not crazy about the process and the CONTINUAL "save" you have to do or the need for an email address HOWEVER , the order has pictures to confirm the product number you enter AND I got the sample of the confirmation they send the guest-NICE!!! Of course, I also got two order confirmations, one in english and one in part english, part spanish. Que` the heck??

pchockeymom said:
I just submitted an individual order. Not crazy about the process and the CONTINUAL "save" you have to do or the need for an email address HOWEVER , the order has pictures to confirm the product number you enter AND I got the sample of the confirmation they send the guest-NICE!!! Of course, I also got two order confirmations, one in english and one in part english, part spanish. Que` the heck??

How did you get it to ship to the customer and not you? I entered one yesterday and it didn't give me a shipping option other than to me. And then I decided I was going to add it to a show and now I can't delete the individual order.

I like that I can log into my pws and get to consultants corner from there.

anyone know when TL will be able to see the new site?

StacieB said:
anyone know when TL will be able to see the new site?
Everyone can see the public site now. They are fixing major problems that were found when directors and above went up and not everything is even up yet. Once they get things going I believe TL & SC's and then Consultants will get it pretty quickly. I know they are working 24/7 on it. I just got an email from one of the tech guys (it's Sunday morning) about an issue I had sent him screen shots and other info on. It was a problem they couldn't see on their end but could see on an outside laptop using my pws so he now sent it to the developers for a fix. I think it will be a few weeks before things are all up and running so my prediction (and it's only my impression - no fact here) that they'll get it to you all around the end of May or first of June.

I'm only a senior consultant. I have a bridal shower coming up soon. One of the things I liked about the new site was that it would give people the options of easily splitting their order to send to different places. I don't suppose I'm going to be able to see the business side of the site until just before the shower (July 7) but wanted to send something to the guests letting them know how to do it. Any ideas?

BethCooks4U said:
I know they are working 24/7 on it. I just got an email from one of the tech guys (it's Sunday morning) about an issue I had sent him screen shots and other info on. It was a problem they couldn't see on their end but could see on an outside laptop using my pws so he now sent it to the developers for a fix.

I just wanted to say "thank you" to you and others like you who are taking the time to find the problems and send them to HO so they can fix them before the rest of us have access to the new web. So many people might just see them and complain. You're actually taking on the job of Beta tester and I can't tell you how much I appreciate that!

Shari in TX

vanscootin said:
How did you get it to ship to the customer and not you? I entered one yesterday and it didn't give me a shipping option other than to me. And then I decided I was going to add it to a show and now I can't delete the individual order.

Honestly, I don't remember exactly what I did except I do know I had an option. Of course, the individual order is logged as a "show" so the guest gets an email about their "show order". Oh well, it went through, whewwww.

Shari in TX said:
I just wanted to say "thank you" to you and others like you who are taking the time to find the problems and send them to HO so they can fix them before the rest of us have access to the new web. So many people might just see them and complain. You're actually taking on the job of Beta tester and I can't tell you how much I appreciate that!

Shari in TX

Thanks I do appreciate that but it is selfish too. I want it right for me and my customers and my downline and everyone. lol

Hi, I am a new consultant and just completed my 4th show. I finally got use to using the P3 but understand it will all be done on the new website. Here is my question; Will I be ablr to take my laptop with me to show and put in the info for my guest even if I don't have internet? What I have been doing is setting up my host on P3, taking the laptop with me, inputing the guest name and order and then just finishing up the payment part at home. Can I still do that? I love that I don't have to whip out my calculator and add everything up (this is my biggest fear!). Can someone explain if I can still do this? Thanks!
Rossana

Rossana....You will NOT be able to do that. You have to have an internet connection to work off of your laptop. Which is the main reason they are suggesting getting and IPad or IPod. I do not have either one so I will have to use pen and paper. My DH said I could get one but we have to save up for it.
The new website is really neat. I have looked around on it but am not able to access it (SC) yet. And I know once the kinks are worked out it will be more fun to use.

Now that is a bummer! Thanks Carla!

Even with an iPad you will have to have Internet to be able to enter shows . I spoke to tech in H.O today and they are working on the problems . He told me to just keep doing shows in P 3 for now NOT to go to the new web
They really should send out an e-mail to let everyone know that .
Once you send an order inonthe new web you CAN NOT go back to P 3 .

chef131doreen said:
Even with an iPad you will have to have Internet to be able to enter shows . I spoke to tech in H.O today and they are working on the problems . He told me to just keep doing shows in P 3 for now NOT to go to the new web
They really should send out an e-mail to let everyone know that .
Once you send an order inonthe new web you CAN NOT go back to P 3 .

For now, the iPad has to be connected to work. Once the app is released, it will have an offline feature.

What on earth are the brand NEW Consultants who don't HAVE P3 going to do??And yes- they really SHOULD send out an email statement to all!

Sounds like all we can do is either buy an Internet card so you have Internet where ever you go ( more $$$ ). Or do it the old fashion way with a calculater and order forms and enter everything when you get home .

They seemed to build this whole new program on everyone having a computer
.e -mails and having iPhones not the people that have a desk top only or not paying extra a month for iPhones to be albe to go on line .

I love that they have come out with this don't get me wrong but not everyone has the tetnology that is needed

chef131doreen said:
Sounds like all we can do is either buy an Internet card so you have Internet where ever you go ( more $$$ ). Or do it the old fashion way with a calculater and order forms and enter everything when you get home .

They seemed to build this whole new program on everyone having a computer
.e -mails and having iPhones not the people that have a desk top only or not paying extra a month for iPhones to be albe to go on line .

I love that they have come out with this don't get me wrong but not everyone has the tetnology that is needed

I do see this as their way of marketing to the next generation of PC consultants. I just signed an18 yr.old college student on April 30th. She is completely unintimidated by the idea of this new system. She even told me when she was inviting friends for her grand opening that "my generation doesn't do email anymore". The i-phone/facebook/twitter and such are the wave of the future and although this is foreign and scary and stressful for most of us (shall I say "old school" consultants?), I find it incredibly impressive that PC is so forward thinking. By the end of summer we will all be doing the happy dance over how easy they have made working our business.

Shari in TX said:

Shari in TX

I second this! Thank you Beth!

There's been so much negative (myself included) talk about the new web, I thought I'd share some VERY COOL stuff I have experienced in the last couple days.

-The order confirmations the guest get are AWESOME! They list their items AND pictures of everything they ordered!
-The email system for guests is awesome too! I was just checking who had rsvp'd to my upcoming shows, and one person forwarded and invited 4 MORE PEOPLE!!! LOVE THAT!!!
-You get to post the show recipes on the host's show page, so the guests can get the recipe right away!
-You can email the recipe ingredients to your host from the show page - AWESOME!
-There is way more 'show type' options, and great pictures, for the evites and show page.
-Much better editting options for the evite text.
-You can personalize and send reminders as often as you'd like.

There are things to get excited about. I have successfully submitted a show and a supply order on the new web. I am feeling much more confident in continuing to put my shows on it.

One thing...we all need to be very diligent in letting our hosts and guests know they MUST have either a phone number or email address. And, I'd recommend that you tell catalog hosts to have their guests pay with credit/debit cards. JUST DON'T HAVE THEM WRITE CHECKS TO THE HOST UNLESS YOU CAN GET A CHECK FROM THE HOST IN A TIMELY FASHION!!!
**This is not a negative, just something we all need to be more diligent about. Personally, I don't feel comfortable when a host has to put several hundred dollars on her c.c. because everyone wrote her checks.

Ruth, I'm glad to finally hear some positives about the new website. I'm hearing negatives all over the place (not just here on CS) and I was starting to get really concerned whenever my turn arises!

pchockeymom said:
There's been so much negative (myself included) talk about the new web, I thought I'd share some VERY COOL stuff I have experienced in the last couple days.

-The order confirmations the guest get are AWESOME! They list their items AND pictures of everything they ordered!
-The email system for guests is awesome too! I was just checking who had rsvp'd to my upcoming shows, and one person forwarded and invited 4 MORE PEOPLE!!! LOVE THAT!!!
-You get to post the show recipes on the host's show page, so the guests can get the recipe right away!
-You can email the recipe ingredients to your host from the show page - AWESOME!
-There is way more 'show type' options, and great pictures, for the evites and show page.
-Much better editting options for the evite text.
-You can personalize and send reminders as often as you'd like.

There are things to get excited about. I have successfully submitted a show and a supply order on the new web. I am feeling much more confident in continuing to put my shows on it.

One thing...we all need to be very diligent in letting our hosts and guests know they MUST have either a phone number or email address. And, I'd recommend that you tell catalog hosts to have their guests pay with credit/debit cards. JUST DON'T HAVE THEM WRITE CHECKS TO THE HOST UNLESS YOU CAN GET A CHECK FROM THE HOST IN A TIMELY FASHION!!!
**This is not a negative, just something we all need to be more diligent about. Personally, I don't feel comfortable when a host has to put several hundred dollars on her c.c. because everyone wrote her checks.

Thank you for posting this! I have to admit, I have been scared of the new web... I've played with it and went back to p3... only because I was so close to earning an excellence award and I didn't want orders and shows lost in transition. I submitted my award winning show this morning and will now start officially in the new web.

vanscootin said:
Thank you for posting this! I have to admit, I have been scared of the new web... I've played with it and went back to p3... only because I was so close to earning an excellence award and I didn't want orders and shows lost in transition. I submitted my award winning show this morning and will now start officially in the new web.

:sing:CONGRATULATIONS!!!!:sing:

Does the new web authorize credit cards ahead of submitting a show? Lately I have been hit w declined cards because people spend the money before the show is submitted (ugh I guess people dont balance check books just look at their on line balance).

pchockeymom said:
:sing:CONGRATULATIONS!!!!:sing:

Thank you!... I totally didn't realize I was even close until last month.

Anyways.... new web, here I come!

Tracy99 said:
Does the new web authorize credit cards ahead of submitting a show? Lately I have been hit w declined cards because people spend the money before the show is submitted (ugh I guess people dont balance check books just look at their on line balance).

Yes it does. If the card is refused the show is stopped until it is resolved. Another reason to get shows in before the last day of the month or a promotion.

Not going to lie. Entering the show was time consuming and I accidentally went To the review screen and realized that payments I had entered weren't saved. Mental note, click that button.... Once we get the method down I'm sure it will be smoother... BUT in spirits of the thread title I found something cool. I thought the idea of having an order split and shipped to another location was kind of random and stupid, until a guest at my show asked me to do it. So I played with that and it took a moment but it's nifty it can do that!I still think some of the screens are a little unnecessary but oh well. I also think once the bugs are squashed and the app is released poking around with my finger will be easier than clicking and waiting for the page reload.

vanscootin said:
Not going to lie. Entering the show was time consuming and I accidentally went To the review screen and realized that payments I had entered weren't saved. Mental note, click that button.... Once we get the method down I'm sure it will be smoother... BUT in spirits of the thread title I found something cool. I thought the idea of having an order split and shipped to another location was kind of random and stupid, until a guest at my show asked me to do it. So I played with that and it took a moment but it's nifty it can do that!

I still think some of the screens are a little unnecessary but oh well. I also think once the bugs are squashed and the app is released poking around with my finger will be easier than clicking and waiting for the page reload.

I'm thinking direct shipping prices apply when you split the order, the part that is going someplace else -- right?

Sandi

BethCooks4U said:
Yes it does. If the card is refused the show is stopped until it is resolved. Another reason to get shows in before the last day of the month or a promotion.

So just to clarify (the authorization feature never worked in p3 for me so I might be confused) will I be able to authorize cards at the show then submit a day or two later once the host picks stuff? What about on line orders are they authorized when placed or when the show is submitted? Basically, if authorized only happens when a show is submitted it doesnt help w my recent issues.

sandilou said:
I'm thinking direct shipping prices apply when you split the order, the part that is going someplace else -- right?

Sandi

Yes... which makes it super complicated to calculate by paper and pen... which is why mobility of technology is now almost a necessity.

Tracy99 said:
So just to clarify (the authorization feature never worked in p3 for me so I might be confused) will I be able to authorize cards at the show then submit a day or two later once the host picks stuff? What about on line orders are they authorized when placed or when the show is submitted? Basically, if authorized only happens when a show is submitted it doesnt help w my recent issues.

No. Authorization happens when the show is ready and you hit submit. Then they check the cards. If all is well, the show is then accepted and you have submitted it. Done. If one or more of the cards fail the submitting process stops until you resolve it, then it will finish submitting. That's one reason we can not wait until the last minute to submit our shows.

BethCooks4U said:
No. Authorization happens when the show is ready and you hit submit. Then they check the cards. If all is well, the show is then accepted and you have submitted it. Done. If one or more of the cards fail the submitting process stops until you resolve it, then it will finish submitting. That's one reason we can not wait until the last minute to submit our shows.

Thanks for clarifying. So I guess I could still have the same issues. I will just have to keep emphasizing that their card wont be charged until x.

What are the 5 most frequently asked questions about "How does the show submission process work?

1. How do I submit a show to Pampered Chef?
2. Is there a specific process for submitting a show?
3. What information do I need to provide when submitting a show?
4. How long does it take for a show to be approved?
5. Are there any specific requirements for hosting a Pampered Chef show?

What have you discovered that you love?

I just found that after setting up a show, I can select recipes to send to the host directly from the host/show page. This means no more handing out physical copies of recipes – they can be easily accessed online. I also love that you can choose to have the recipes posted with the host's show, making it even more convenient for both the host and guests.

What do you love?

As a representative for Pampered Chef, I love the company's commitment to providing high-quality kitchen products and delicious recipes. I also love the opportunity to interact with and help customers improve their cooking skills and create memorable experiences with our products.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
sharalam
  • Becky0216
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Becky0216
  • jesusluvsu2005
  • General Chat
Replies