• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is Our Shipping Cost-Effective Compared to Other Direct Sales Companies?

In summary, Home and Garden charges more for direct shipping, but eliminated the shipping fees. Southern Living is on the high side, but Traveling Vineyard is also on the high side. Creative Memories charges $7 for shipping, which is high for their paper items. Home Office does not have a shipping fee.
AJPratt
Silver Member
How does our shipping charges compare to other direct sales companies? is it better worse? Do you have good words I can use if/when it comes up? I just did a TS show and there is a flat $5 fee for under $50 and then 10% after that and orders go right to guest's home. When I did my PL show, it was a flat 10% and everything came to my house (didn't seem like direct shipping was an option). So, what do you think?

The only party I have been to recently was TS as well. Actually, I really like that they ship it directly to your home now, even if it is a little more s/h than before.

Not sure how feasable that would be for PC, since our (actual) shipping charges would be more, since we are shipping stones and heavy items and most of their items are light!

I think our shipping is VERY reasonable when I think of other online/catalog companies that you order from!

I am doing an Aloette Cosmetics show, and they charge $5.95 for orders shipped to the host, and $7.95 if it is shipped directly.

KellyTheChef said:
Not sure how feasable that would be for PC, since our (actual) shipping charges would be more, since we are shipping stones and heavy items and most of their items are light!

I didn't even think of that!

Our shipping charges are very reasonable. I sell Pure Romance as well and I have to charge $4.00 on everything anyone orders even if I have the item on hand. My shipping fees that I get charged to have the product delivered to me is quite expensive and the $4.00 is a way for me to regroup my costs. Now a days, it seems everyone charges shipping fees or some sort. Kind of use to it by now!! :)

I just did a TW order and theirs is $2.75 or 10% which ever is greater.

It has been a while since I ordered from SL, but I remember that theirs was high. The consultant even apologized b/c it was so much.

My MK does not have a shipping fee at all.

I think ours is very good. Especially with the $4.00 no matter how much you order! I only do direct shipping for one of my customers who is out town and she has never complained about it. So, I do not have enough dealings with the direct ship prices to even form an opinion about it. Except, that I know it is cheaper than some clothing catalog and things like that I have ordered from.

I think ours is reasonable. Especially when you compare to online ordering sites etc.

I had a person complain to me once because Avon's shipping was so cheap why did ours have to be so expensive. I apologized that she felt that way but explained that I had no control over the shipping and told her it was free if she hosted a show. She blaked at the idea, but kept ordering and stopped complaining :O)

Of course I did not explain that Avon can ship 20 orders in one box -- lipstciks lotions and nailpolish don't weigh much and are compact. Her stoneware is rather heavy and needs to be shipped with more care, but I digress :)

Southern Living is HIGH. I was not happy on that.

Traveling Vineyard is also on the high side. You pay more for direct shipping with them, but I can't remember what it is.

Creative memories just started charging 7% which is extremely high especially for their paper items!

Home Interiors charges the following:
0-$10.99 $3 shipping
$11-20.99 $4 shipping
$21.00-$36.99 $6 shipping
$37-$49.99 $8 shipping
$50-$99.99 $11 shipping
$100.00-$149.99 $15 shipping
$150-$199.99 $21 shipping
$200-above 10%

The items all go to the hosts.

It also says Alaska & Hawaii add an additional $40 (YIKES) to charges. Puerto Rico add an additional $13 to charges.

Home and Garden did something a little "sneaky", yet clever, in my opinion. They took their catalog, raised ALL of the prices by 10%, then did away with the shipping charges! (I don't care for their stuff, personally, but I got this info from one of their consultants!!)
To tell you the truth, I actually sent this in as a suggestion to Home Office for us to do as well. Think about it....people think they're not paying shipping, and now we actually earn a little more commission on each item we sell!!
Also, they sell stoneware, heavy pictures, etc., so I don't think the weight of our products should be a hindrance to doing it!
And, while $4 is a VERY reasonable shipping charge on a $60 order, I have many orders that are only $20. Those poor people are now paying a whoppin' 20% in shipping costs, for an order that might only consist of a Mix 'N Scraper and a Skinny Scraper!!
What do you think?

For those of us overseas, direct shipping is our ONLY option (regulations don't allow the military postal system to be used to distribute products...that includes orders going to a host for distribution.)

The direct shipping charges are on the order forms....I think they are very reasonable....especially given the weight of the stoneware, etc. (It isn't a good deal for those who order less than $20 since they pay around $6 for shipping....but it doesn't seem to be stopping anyone from ordering either!)

I think direct delivery is a great option. Life is just too busy these days for a host to have to track down her guests to give them their orders. And as a guest, I would hate having to wait until my host 'found time' to get me my order! :)

Southern Living is really high and they do it on a tiered base...I believe it is up to the first $30 is $6 and up from there...I just ordered from Jordan Essentials and they do 8% of what ever you buy is the shipping.

I like how PC does it...only sticks when you are getting a 8 or 10 dollar product.

Our shipping is very reasonable. A lot of DS companies charge a percentage of your order total. It's great when you buy something small, but sucks when you spend a lot - and it still gets shipped to the hosts house.
If someone balks at the shipping, I usually ask, in a nice way, when was last time they mailed a letter or a card? It's $0.52 to mail a letter here in Canada. It's $2.55 to send a couple of catalogues. I then say, for the same price as mailing 10 cards, you're getting a big heavy box delivered! Or, if they're coffee drinkers, I'll say, hey! It's less than a venti latte at Starbucks! in a tongue in cheek manner. When you can put it in perspective like that, people will usually go, oh yeah! I see your point.

I've never had anyone complain about shipping...just having to pay sales tax on shipping...and I just tell them that's not me or PC's deal...that's our wonderful state of Wisconsin...then they usually stop whining. But I do think our shipping is quite reasonable.

shipping here in canada for pc is only $5 which i think is great, recently had a guest who didnt agree with me as she only ordered 1 $18 item. home interiors here is 8% or 14% depending on where you live, it has only been since jan/07 that parties have gone to the hostess', prior to that they came to the consultants and trust me that was not alot of fun.

Stampin Up is 10% with a minimum of $3.95

1. How long does it typically take for orders to be shipped?

Our standard shipping time for orders is 3-5 business days. However, this may vary depending on the shipping destination and any potential delays.

2. Do you offer expedited shipping options?

Yes, we offer expedited shipping options for an additional fee. Please contact our customer service team for more information.

3. Are there any restrictions on where you can ship?

Currently, we only ship within the United States and Canada. We are unable to ship to PO boxes or APO/FPO addresses.

4. How much does shipping cost?

Shipping costs vary depending on the size and weight of the order, as well as the shipping destination. The cost will be calculated at checkout before finalizing your purchase.

5. Can I track my order once it has been shipped?

Yes, once your order has been shipped, you will receive a tracking number via email. You can use this number to track your package's delivery status.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
AnaCash
  • hoosierchef
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
jasonmva
  • Sheila