• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Do I Start Using PP3 After Installation?

In summary, the 16.0 upgrade to P3 is available from CC and should be downloaded and "opened" everyday to keep it updated.
dannyzmom
Gold Member
I downloaded PP3 and it's on my computer. And I imported all my stuff onto it. Now what?
Just play with it? It scares me!
Wah!!!

Last edited:
I've been playing around with mine for a few days. I really like it a lot! The program looks so much nicer. You can play around with it and enter shows on both PP3 and PP 16.0, and submit it through PP until you feel comfortable with PP3. I think that's what I'm going to do. Just be careful that you don't submit anything through PP3 until you are absolutely ready to switch to it completely. Once you submit through it, you can't submit through PP anymore.

I keep playing with it...but it's still hard.....confusing for me! IT makes me feel old - like all of a sudden I can't deal with change or something! I was so excited reading about it, but the reality of it scares me too!:eek:
Guess I'll just have to keep playing!

when is it going to be mandatory that we start using P3? I still am scared to use it! Old habits die hard I guess!

I know what you girls mean; I haven't even downloaded it yet! :eek:

lacychef said:

me either!;)

I don't think it will be mandatory for a while. It's in English only, so Spanish-speaking consultants have to use PP v16. And the last time there was a major program change (16-bit vs. 32-bit), there were 2 versions for a couple of years before they finally made it mandatory for everyone to switch to the 32-bit. And since there's no Cluster Management in P3, Directors need to keep PP on their systems, anyway.

CAUTION about P3... they are not up to snuff with running reports. I've already done my taxes, and one thing you can't do yet in P3 is generate expense reports (e.g., mileage).Also, you can't yet export contact info to an Outlook file like you could before. I used this feature to get the names and addresses to my mail program so I could send my newsletter.I've talked to HO twice about these issues, and apparently they are still working on adding more report options in the new P3.On the flip side ... I've been using it quite a bit and already used it through one show already. Overall it's nice having some of the new features, and it's nice being able to see more than one thing at a time.

Okay. I am confused. The little icon on my desk top says Pampered Partner v16.0 is that P3? I don't think it is THAT much different??!

lacychef said:

Me either! Scared I guess!!

There is another update for P3It is being announced through CC. I went in to check a show and there is a big RED popup type box saying there is another P3 update. So they must have fixed something else. It should come in automatically when you start up P3 today or when ever.
The only concern I had about not downloading right away was keeping up with the updates.

It wasn't a download. I loaded the P3 program off the CD that was in the changeover kit.

pp v 16.0 is not P3. it is just the updated pp. when you finally upload p3--you'll know! there is a huge difference in the screens

Not to be picky but...The act of putting a program onto a personal computer or laptop from any form of media is called downloading. The updates to P3 are downloaded to your PC via the web. The original program was downloaded to your PC via CD. All the same. So basically, if your playing with P3 or using it, I was told we should really "open" it everyday to keep it updated.

pampered1224 said:
The act of putting a program onto a personal computer or laptop from any form of media is called downloading. The updates to P3 are downloaded to your PC via the web. The original program was downloaded to your PC via CD. All the same. So basically, if your playing with P3 or using it, I was told we should really "open" it everyday to keep it updated.

I guess technically you're right the program is being "downloaded", but I usually refer to adding a new program to your computer as "loading" so that's why I used the term "downloading" when referencing those who are going to CC to get the 16.0 upgrade. The 16.0 upgrade may have been on the CD; I just didn't remember seeing it there. I just followed the instructions from CC for downloading P3 and went from there.

So if you did use the CD to "download" or "load" (whichever term you want to use), check the install instructions through CC and it will give you the path & filename to use to install.

ange13 said:
pp v 16.0 is not P3. it is just the updated pp. when you finally upload p3--you'll know! there is a huge difference in the screens

Well, I used the cd that come with my changeover kit?! Where do I find P3?

Put the CD in the drive, then open my computer, then right click on the CD and choose open or explore. There should be a P3 logo to click. Choose that and it will install the P3. You'll know that it is different!!

Thanks!!! :D

Oh my I love it!

Another warning ... be sure to use the drop down menu to select the credit card expiration date. I typed them in and got home and realized none of them saved. The red dot next to the name indicates something is missing or incorrect on their order.Also, this may be a glitch of me using the new software on my Mac, but thought I'd share just in case.:p

Tanya, I had that same problem too on my PC. Luckily I realized it right away while my customer was right in front of me!

Margie, I am so glad you got it up and running. It is fun checking it out!

Tanya, thanks for sharing the tidbit on credit card expirations!

Related to How Do I Start Using PP3 After Installation?

1. What is "Ok - Now What?"

"Ok - Now What?" is a cookbook and meal planning guide created by Pampered Chef. It features easy and delicious recipes, as well as tips and tricks for meal prep and planning.

2. Do I need to be a Pampered Chef consultant to use "Ok - Now What?"

No, anyone can purchase and use "Ok - Now What?" It is a great resource for anyone looking to simplify meal planning and create delicious meals.

3. What types of recipes are included in "Ok - Now What?"

The cookbook features a variety of recipes, including one-pot meals, slow cooker dishes, and quick weeknight dinners. It also includes vegetarian and gluten-free options.

4. Can I customize the meal plans in "Ok - Now What?" to fit my dietary restrictions?

Yes, the meal plans in "Ok - Now What?" can be easily customized to fit your specific dietary needs and preferences. The cookbook also includes tips for adapting recipes to fit various dietary restrictions.

5. Is "Ok - Now What?" suitable for beginners in the kitchen?

Yes, "Ok - Now What?" is a great resource for beginners in the kitchen. It includes easy-to-follow recipes and meal plans, as well as helpful tips and techniques for cooking and meal prep.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• calebsmom0822
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
PamperedChefDebi
  • GermantownPC
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Kathytnt
  • clshirk