• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Speed Up pp3: Tips to Make it Faster

with some creative rearranging.. have one computer act as both a laptop and a desktop. It's worth a look. But you'll need to know what type of RAM your computer uses. And if the processor is slow, then adding memory won't help that.
beepampered
I'm starting another post about PP3 being slow. I saw one in July but thought I'd see if anyone had anyway to make it faster. PP3 slows my entire computer not just inside the program. It takes about 10-15 seconds to show what you just clicked (like click on a contact name and it takes that long to show). I know that 10 seconds isn't forever but I figured that I'll spend two or three minutes waiting while I enter the contact names for a typical show.

Please tell me there is some way to make it faster. (I have cable internet that works fine except when PP3 is open.)....

I would say to add more memory to your computer but I'm not the best at computer jargon so I could be wrong!

It was extremely slow on my old computer. We just bought a new iMac a month ago and now it's amazing how fast it is. Things happen instantaneously now. So it must be a memory thing.

You definitely need more RAM. Many computers (name brand anyway) aren't set up with enough to run much unless it's an expensive/gaming computer and this program takes a bit. Luckily, it's actually not too expensive to upgrade! RAM is SO much cheaper than it has been. Of course, there could be things running in the background using up the memory you have too.

I'm having problems with it being slow too. Chef Ann said something about this in a post recently. Ann if you read this, will you please explain what you said to do to help the program not drag forever! I'm ready to pull my hair out! I love the program but hate the delay!!!!!!!!:grumpy:

For some reason, P3 slows down when it self-updates. When there's a program update (not data) - and you'll be able to tell because the program updates are when it asks to be restarted - go to CC and run the update from there. It could also be a memory issue. You need a good amount of RAM to run P3 efficiently.

chefann said:
For some reason, P3 slows down when it self-updates. When there's a program update (not data) - and you'll be able to tell because the program updates are when it asks to be restarted - go to CC and run the update from there.

It could also be a memory issue. You need a good amount of RAM to run P3 efficiently.

My hubby told me this morning that he believes it's the RAM. I just installed PP3 about 10 days ago, so I think there hasn't been an update.
We are talking about buying a new computer this next year. I'm not sure though, because I want a laptop like you would not believe, so we'll see if I get mine, or we get both. I think my laptop will come first!:p

If you're looking for RAM, check out dealram.com. They track prices at other sites/stores so you can get the best deal. Adding RAM is an inexpensive way to really improve the performance of your computer.

chefann said:
If you're looking for RAM, check out dealram.com. They track prices at other sites/stores so you can get the best deal. Adding RAM is an inexpensive way to really improve the performance of your computer.

my hubby told me that our computer is too old, and he doesn't even think he can buy RAM for it anymore! We got it sometime while my daughter was a toddler and she's 8 now!
Do you think I can still buy some, or is he just trying to get a new computer out of me!?!:grumpy::D

It's worth a look. But you'll need to know what type of RAM your computer uses. And if the processor is slow, then adding memory won't help that. My in-laws are using my old computer, which is 8 years old. But they don't use it for much besides online stock trading and playing solitaire (and DH upgraded the processor 4 years ago, too).

Computers only last a few years now.. Programs/games are so much bigger now.. You will be much better off spending that $$ on a newer computer. Laptops are very affordable now. You can even get a docking station to dock the laptop. You pop the laptop into the docking station that is attached to a flat screen and regular keyboard.. so it looks and feels like a desktop computer. When you need to take the laptop.. you just pop it out and take it with you. When you get back.. you just pop it back into the docking station. Then you have access to a laptop.. and the family still has a desktop for their use. You can even keep the dinasaur (just kidding) for games for the kids and simple documents etc.

Call tech support...they know the answers...I needed more memory a while back....and that solved my problem.

Ann!!
chefann said:
For some reason, P3 slows down when it self-updates. When there's a program update (not data) - and you'll be able to tell because the program updates are when it asks to be restarted - go to CC and run the update from there.
It could also be a memory issue. You need a good amount of RAM to run P3 efficiently.

You are the bomb! oh my gosh I was getting SO pissed today because I could not get my dang PP3 to work! It was dragging so bad and I was ready to throw my computer!!! But then I remember what you said and I went in to CC and downloaded the update!!! And BAM! It is working again! Not super fast but a 15 delay is better than a 5 minute delay! I love ya Ann!!!! :love: You are such an assett to this board!!! :D;)

1. How can I make the Speed Up pp3 process faster?

The best way to speed up pp3 is to use sharp knives and make sure all ingredients are prepped and ready to go before starting the recipe.

2. Can I use a food processor to save time during Speed Up pp3?

Yes, using a food processor can definitely save time during Speed Up pp3. Just make sure to read the recipe carefully and adjust the ingredients accordingly.

3. Are there any specific kitchen tools that can help speed up the pp3 process?

Yes, there are several kitchen tools that can help speed up pp3, such as a garlic press, vegetable peeler, and a mandoline slicer.

4. How can I prevent burning or overcooking the food while trying to speed up pp3?

To prevent burning or overcooking, make sure to constantly monitor the food and adjust the heat accordingly. You can also try using a non-stick pan or adding a bit of water to the pan to prevent sticking.

5. Are there any tips for cleaning up quickly after making Speed Up pp3?

To speed up the clean-up process, soak any dirty dishes or utensils in hot, soapy water while finishing the recipe. This will make them easier to clean later on.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• babywings76
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
babywings76
  • mrshamel3808
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Liquid Sky
  • milkangel