• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Website Tips From a Computer Guy....

I believe you would call it an alias. I think it would be www.pamperedchef.biz/tiffany. www.pamperedchef.biz/tiffany
dexheimers
My wife and I haven't yet purchased the PC website, but I am a computer science major and know a good tip for making your site even easier to find. Purchase a domain name for yourself (www.yoursite.com) and set that domain name to simply "redirect" to your PC website.

You can purchase domain names from several locations, but I prefer GoDaddy.com. From there you can specify if you want your new domain name to redirect to another website. This way, when people go to www.yoursite.com it automatically goes to your PC website.

TIP: Enter the code BOOK to get 10% off at godaddy.com when you check out!

You can also have email too! ([email protected]) This will make you look very professional and put together.

What do you all think about these ideas????

I pulled out my Recipe for Success to see what it said on this, and this is what it states:

"Only Executives and above may purchase a separate domain name and develop a Web site outside of their Pampered Chef Personal Web Site for any use related to their Pampered Chef business".

Sounded like a good idea though...

hmmm....I don't have our kit yet so I don't know about all that I guess! I wonder if it means you can't have a separate sales site alltogether. If the domain just forwards on to your PC site (and you don't have a different looking site other than the PC site), I don't see the harm - it just makes your life a little easier!

you are not allowed to have that....although it's a good idea....there can't be a link or somethg that forwards you to your pc website from another site

Tiffany,

I JUST got my confirmation email and have been looking around in Consultant's corner. I just found the sections about redirecting. Too bad! Is is okay to have your own email from a domain you purchase?

dexheimers said:
Tiffany,

I JUST got my confirmation email and have been looking around in Consultant's corner. I just found the sections about redirecting. Too bad! Is is okay to have your own email from a domain you purchase?

I don't know the answer to this question but I suggest you stick with just the P-Chef website. Your customers will only need to know one website and -- most important of all -- they can place an order from that site. Keep it simple. :)

Do you get an email address when you purchase the PC website?

emailYou use your own email, you do not get a PC email.

Lisa

OK. I still wonder if you can purchase a domain name jsut to have an easier email address????

I don't believe that you can purchase a domaine name that is associated to PC. Why not just open a gmail or yahoo account where you can personalize your email address? For example I have pamperednikki at g mail dot com this is still associated with pampered chef.

my email is [email protected]. Once you purchase a website, you can put your web address on catalogs, invitations, flyers, and on any email you send out to your own personal contacts...friends, family, customers, etc. You cannot post your web address on any website. You can't post it on here, or any other group you belong to....only on your own personal emails and business flyers. I personally do not think this is right, but it is the rules. I am hoping that eventually the rule will change, after all we pay for our website and it is ours, so as long as we are practicing good business PC shouldn't have a problem with our advertising our site. But for now, we can't.

if you have your own domain that's fine but it cannot be pc related. To me just like Nikki said it would be easier to just get an yahoo account where you can personalize it and it would make people remember it easier.

my email is [email protected]. Once you purchase a website, you can put your web address on catalogs, invitations, flyers, and on any email you send out to your own personal contacts...friends, family, customers, etc. You cannot post your web address on any website. You can't post it on here, or any other group you belong to....only on your own personal emails and business flyers. I personally do not think this is right, but it is the rules. I am hoping that eventually the rule will change, after all we pay for our website and it is ours, so as long as we are practicing good business PC shouldn't have a problem with our advertising our site. But for now, we can't.

I completely jumped the gun on this one. After we signed on, my wife and I bought the rights to chefdexy.com. After finding out we can't forward to our PC website, I still would like to have our email address be [email protected] or [email protected].

Does anyone think this is against the rules?

(I too hope the rules change as long as we practice good business principles)

as long as chefdexy.com doesn't have anything to do with pampered chef it's completely fine to have your e-mail at [email protected]

I don't think it is. Just as long you only use it for your email. I have a friend that has her own domain and email she uses her email to receive her PC email. So I don't see where it will be against the rules. It's just an email address so you can receive your emails.

right, but as long as it's not a site that is pc related -as long as it's just e-mail it's fine

The redirecting of the url USED to be okay, but I think it has been updated to not be allowed anymore... I used to have a web address of www.chefjoy.com and had it redirected to my .biz website.

I used to use [email protected] as well.... and see no problem if I had continued to use it, but I decided to let the domain name go, so I don't anymore.

I think that should be allowed too, as long as you don't have links to your PC website on your other website. I am not 100% clear on the rules, but you could always call HO and find out for sure what the rules are. You don't want to break them because eventually you will get in trouble. I am sure that they would warn you first, but the penalties are first disabling your ordering feature for 30 days, then disabling your ordering feature permenantly, then disabling your whole website depending on how many times the rules where broken. Good luck, and be careful with the rules!!

cool. Thanks for the comments everyone. you're a big help!

Correct me if I am wrong, but on the email name question:
I am pretty sure they stated a while back they stated that you could have either pampered OR chef as part of your email name, but not both, ie chefjen@ abc.com or pamperedjen@ abc.com but NOT pamperedchefjen@ abc.com.

I don't know. I haven't found that anywhere in the rules and regs. Anyone know??

jdavis said:
Correct me if I am wrong, but on the email name question:
I am pretty sure they stated a while back they stated that you could have either pampered OR chef as part of your email name, but not both, ie chefjen@ abc.com or pamperedjen@ abc.com but NOT pamperedchefjen@ abc.com.

I remember that as well, I just don't know where that is located.:confused:

that is true, although I don't know where to find it in writing....you can't use anything that would make someone assume that you are working for or are the actual company The Pampered Chef. It is the same with your title....Shawnna Nixon, Independent Consultant for The Pampered Chef, etc. You have to be careful that you don't misrepresent yourself. You actually do not work for PC....you are self employed...saying you are an independent consultant shows that you are not employed by the company.

This is a tricky situation and many not-so-good things can come of a wrong or misguided choice. I highly suggest that you call or email HO with exactly what you want to use for your email address and with any domain questions. If you email them then you get an answer in writing. If you call, you can keep asking for supervisors until you understand the policy and/or find a loophole :)

I am thinking that it was just in an email update after all of the hooplah of people linking their websites and stuff, and that people will have to start using part of their name for the end of their website instead of something else.

Maybe in weekly bites? I remember seeing something like that a few months ago in there.

cmdtrgd said:
This is a tricky situation and many not-so-good things can come of a wrong or misguided choice. I highly suggest that you call or email HO with exactly what you want to use for your email address and with any domain questions. If you email them then you get an answer in writing. If you call, you can keep asking for supervisors until you understand the policy and/or find a loophole :)

This is GREAT advice. I'd email them so that you get an answer in writing that you can keep in your files.

Good luck!

Related to Website Tips From a Computer Guy....

1. How can I improve the loading speed of my website?

To improve the loading speed of your website, you can optimize your images, minimize the use of plugins, and enable caching. You can also consider upgrading your hosting plan or using a content delivery network (CDN) to boost your website's performance.

2. What is the importance of having a mobile-friendly website?

Having a mobile-friendly website is crucial because more and more people are using their smartphones and tablets to browse the internet. A mobile-friendly website ensures that your content is easily accessible and readable on smaller screens, providing a better user experience and potentially increasing your website traffic.

3. How can I improve my website's search engine ranking?

To improve your website's search engine ranking, you can focus on creating high-quality, relevant content, using keywords strategically, optimizing your website's metadata, and building backlinks from reputable sources. It's also essential to regularly monitor and update your website to keep it relevant and engaging to both users and search engines.

4. What are the most common web design mistakes to avoid?

Some common web design mistakes to avoid include using too many different fonts and colors, cluttering your website with too much content, and having a confusing or inconsistent navigation structure. It's also important to ensure that your website is visually appealing and user-friendly to enhance the overall user experience.

5. How can I track and analyze my website's traffic?

You can track and analyze your website's traffic by using tools like Google Analytics. It allows you to see how many people are visiting your website, where they are coming from, and which pages they are engaging with the most. This information can help you make data-driven decisions to improve your website's performance and reach your target audience more effectively.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Grey
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
AJPratt
  • magentablue
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Liseit
  • Diana Smith