• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Do I Nicely Tell My Friend "Invite More People!"?

In summary, my friend has been great, hosting shows for me. I do appreciate it, but she never invites more than 15 people, so only 5 show up and orders usually total $200-$300 and I never get any bookings. Any advice?Tell her that you're working on expanding your business and that you really need her to get people there that you haven't met before. Maybe offer her an incentive.
AJPratt
Silver Member
My friend has been great, hosting shows for me. I do appreciate it, but she never invites more than 15 people, so only 5 show up and orders usually total $200-$300 and I never get any bookings. Any advice?

Tell her that you're working on expanding your business and that you really need her to get people there that you haven't met before. Maybe offer her an incentive.

Maybe she's afraid all 15 will come and that she doesn't have the space. Or maybe she just needs help on coming up with who to ask.

...you can also use the "let me practice on you".

I'd use a little Tammy Stanley on her. Thank her for hosting, and let her know how much you appreciate it. Tell her that the best way that you can thank her is by helping her to have the most successful party possible, and that you want her to have the best one she's ever had. Explain the percentages...if you invite 15, about 1/3 will come, and if she can just double that list, she can double her show totals and get even more free product! Let her know too that she can keep inviting people up until the time of the show!

Does she feel her shows are successful? If she feels what she's doing is great, then you've got a tough situation. If she feels disappointed after her shows and when only five people show up, then it'll be easier.

Start by thanking her for hosting a show. Sincerely, and throroughly. Say that as a thank you you want her to get as many free products as possible. When she agreees with all this, ask her if you could share some tips that you've found from other shows to be keys to a "fun and successful show."

Then, when you're telling her what to do, make sure you also tell her WHY.
Invite 40 people --> Only 20-25% will show BECAUSE one night never works for everyone, and things come up
Invite everyone you know --> BECAUSE it's not like a wedding or a birthday party, everyone can be included and people enjoy mingling with new acquaintances
Invite people with money --> BECAUSE they'll spend more and result in higher sales
Invite people without money --> BECAUSE they'll love learning a money saving recipe
Invite people who've recently lost their job --> BECAUSE they're probably feeling the most isolated right now, and need the most support. Tell them they don't have to buy anything, and they should just come enjoy some networking.

Also have everyone that can come to bring a friend or 2 or an outside order , you can add a sd to the people that do that

Well, I sent her an email that said that 6 or 7 was a great start, and try to invite more because 40% will show and we want to get her lots of free products. And, I also mentioned to use the Facebook event feature; that even if people can't make it they might order. If she isn't going to send out invites, at least do that. She has 50 friends on FB. Why invite 15 people?

I hate to sound mean, but its not just about her getting products. This is my business and since she has moved, she lives an hour (one-way) away from me.

Maybe try an "I'm working on expanding my business and am trying some new hostess coaching ideas. Would you let me try them out with you (because you're friend)? You'll actually have to do what I tell you to do to see how they'll work." I found when coaching friends that approaching coaching with a "Let me experiement with you" approach was helpful. Then they didn't feel like I was being bossy...

Just a thought...

nikked said:
Maybe try an "I'm working on expanding my business and am trying some new hostess coaching ideas. Would you let me try them out with you (because you're friend)? You'll actually have to do what I tell you to do to see how they'll work." I found when coaching friends that approaching coaching with a "Let me experiement with you" approach was helpful. Then they didn't feel like I was being bossy...

Just a thought...

Depending on what her next response is, I may try that next. I love her, and I really am grateful, but its frustrating!

Ask her to close her eyes (give her a moment) and think of everyone that she knows.....that eats! And invite them! If you do it right (really calm until "that eats") she will relax and probably laugh. Then you can go into the different types of people.

You maybe have heard the "FRANK" invitation idea...
F = friends
R = relatives
A = aquaintances
N = neighbors
K = kids contacts
It's short and sweet and helps hosts get it for whom to include

Why not sit down with her with the "40 guests in 4 minutes" or a "50 guests -in-5 minutes" invitation list.....and play word association game with her. "Jot down 4 names that come to mind when I say...." and then list of the categories- Friends, Neighbors, Relatives, Kids Teachers/Contacts, Co-workers, Spouses Co-workers, etc.In just a few minutes, you could help her come up with names. Obviously- to get her STARTED, incorporate some of the other suggestions posters gave you about the conversation- I like the "practice" line.
Good luck!

I really appreciate everyone giving me GREAT ideas. But, I just learned that she's away until a day or so before the show. So, I guess it is what it is. She just won't allow me to host coach her. I don't know why she won't invite more people. I am thinking about writing, "Looking forward to your Pampered Chef show!" (or something indicating to others that she is having a show) on her wall on FB. What do you think? I guess she just doesn't see this as a means of income for me, which I desperately need. (In addition to all of our other financial and legal problems, my husband just took a pay cut $5K a year = $100 less a week take home).

AJPratt said:
I really appreciate everyone giving me GREAT ideas. But, I just learned that she's away until a day or so before the show. So, I guess it is what it is. She just won't allow me to host coach her. I don't know why she won't invite more people. I am thinking about writing, "Looking forward to your Pampered Chef show!" (or something indicating to others that she is having a show) on her wall on FB. What do you think? I guess she just doesn't see this as a means of income for me, which I desperately need. (In addition to all of our other financial and legal problems, my husband just took a pay cut $5K a year = $100 less a week take home).

I think that's a great idea! I read about someone on another site put a message for a host thanking her for a great show and people that read it were contacting him to see if he really sold PC and ended up getting some orders and a booking (I believe)... so even if it doesn't help her show it might help your business!

AJPratt said:

Sounds good to me!

Next time she books a show start out by telling her that you love doing shows for her but this time you want to challenge her to beat her best and get more FREE. Ask her right away to brainstorm with you on who to invite, etc.

BethCooks4U said:
Sounds good to me!

Next time she books a show start out by telling her that you love doing shows for her but this time you want to challenge her to beat her best and get more FREE. Ask her right away to brainstorm with you on who to invite, etc.

That is a good idea, Beth. I don't want to say anything against my friend, but part of the problem might be that she really doesn't get excited about much, which is good and bad. :rolleyes: Maybe if I put it out there to beat previous shows, it might work. More like a facts and figures thing.

You got some great advice here, I have a friend having a show this week and it is the same with her, she doesn't invite many and has low sales. What I am doing this time is pushing people to bring a guest and I will give them a free seasoning! I am hoping to up the attendence. Since we have been friends for a long time, I know the people she is bringing and am doing the rsvp calls myself. I know these people have mothers and sisters and neighbors they can bring with them. Just an idea if that helps.

cincychef said:
You got some great advice here, I have a friend having a show this week and it is the same with her, she doesn't invite many and has low sales. What I am doing this time is pushing people to bring a guest and I will give them a free seasoning! I am hoping to up the attendence. Since we have been friends for a long time, I know the people she is bringing and am doing the rsvp calls myself. I know these people have mothers and sisters and neighbors they can bring with them. Just an idea if that helps.

THAT'S what I am going to put on her wall on FB. "Please let your friends know that if they bring a guest to your Pampered Chef show they will get a gift!" THANKS FOR THE IDEA!!

What are some tips for politely asking my friend to invite more people to my Pampered Chef party?

1. Be direct but kind: Let your friend know that their presence at the party is important to you and that you would love for them to invite more people to join in on the fun.

2. Offer an incentive: Consider offering a small reward or discount for each person your friend invites to the party.

3. Explain the benefits: Remind your friend that by inviting more people, they will be helping you to have a successful party and they will also have the opportunity to earn free products through party sales.

4. Use positive language: Instead of saying "you need to invite more people," try saying "we would love to have more people at the party!" This will come across as more inviting and less demanding.

5. Set expectations beforehand: Let your friend know ahead of time that you will be counting on them to help spread the word and invite others, so they won't feel caught off guard when you bring it up.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• saundrals
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • Kevin Ranoldo
  • Bookings, Sales, Shows, Booths etc
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • babywings76