• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How do I clean a burnt stone baker?

In summary, to clean a burnt stone baker, let it cool down, create a baking soda paste, spread it over the burnt areas, let it sit for 30 minutes, scrub it off with a non-abrasive sponge or brush, and rinse with warm water. Avoid using soap and instead use a baking soda paste and warm water for cleaning. If tough stains persist, try a mixture of white vinegar and water. Do not put a burnt stone baker in the dishwasher as it can damage the stone. Clean your stone baker after each use and more thoroughly if heavily stained or burnt.
TinasKitchen
Ok, as a consultant you would think that I would figure out how to use a stone for the first time! but of course I didnt. Now what?

I used the new Baker and made a brisket in it. The sauce burnt on the upper part of the baker and now I cant get it off. I didnt spray oil or anything before cooking. Any suggestions on how to clean the black off so that it doesnt look yucky when I show it? A new sponge didnt work b/c the blue came off a bit lol

rinse your stone in hot water. Make a paste of baking soda and water. smear it on the spot you want to clean. Let it sit for a while then rinse and use pan scraper or kitchen brush.

Thanks Paulette, I have to do that. I decided to make the Bread Pudding so I cleaned it quickly to get that done. I'll try that tonight :)

LOL Tina. I had a green spot one mine from a sponge one time!!

For the first three times you need to spray oil or use high fat foods to season it. LOL
;)

1. How do I clean a burnt stone baker?

To clean a burnt stone baker, start by letting it cool down completely. Then, mix equal parts of baking soda and water to create a paste. Spread the paste over the burnt areas and let it sit for at least 30 minutes. Scrub the paste off with a non-abrasive sponge or brush, and rinse with warm water. Repeat if necessary.

2. Can I use soap to clean a burnt stone baker?

No, it is not recommended to use soap on a burnt stone baker as it can leave a residue and affect the taste of your food. Stick to using a baking soda paste and warm water for cleaning.

3. How do I remove tough stains from a burnt stone baker?

If the baking soda paste is not enough to remove tough stains, you can try using a mixture of equal parts white vinegar and water. Let it soak in the baker for 15-20 minutes before scrubbing with a non-abrasive sponge or brush.

4. Can I put my burnt stone baker in the dishwasher?

No, it is not recommended to put a burnt stone baker in the dishwasher as the high heat and harsh detergents can damage the stone. Hand washing with a baking soda paste and warm water is the best method for cleaning.

5. How often should I clean my stone baker?

It is recommended to clean your stone baker after each use to prevent build-up of residue and ensure it stays in good condition. If it becomes heavily stained or burnt, you may need to clean it more thoroughly.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Amanda Goode
  • Get_Pampered
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
pampermejolene
  • Intrepid_Chef
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies