• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How can I make the most of my unwanted host bonus options?

In summary, you had a great September and you are closing a few shows this week. You had two unexpected catalog shows pop up. One was because of the cookware host bonus and the other was because of the host bonus for past customers. You are planning to get more cookware at your show.
bethsbiz
Gold Member
I confess to having a stellar September: of my 12 shows booked, 9 held, and 3 rescheduled to October. (Some I'm closing this week.) I also had 2 unexpected catalog shows pop-up out of the blue -- because of the cookware host bonus!

The reality of that many September shows though was that I had several past hosts who really weren't interested in the cookware. So, I had some unwanted host bonus options out there. What to do, what to do. Well, two of them I offered to really good hosts who are always my "go to gals" when I need to reach an incentive. Both lept at the idea of adding to their cookware collections. Then, today, I had one more to "find a home for". Went to a gal at work who has our professional...thought she might want to finish her collection before it goes away. Well, she is using the option to get the 7 piece stainless for her mom AND SHE BOOKED A SHOW FOR 3 WEEKS FROM NOW. Yippee! I would NOT have that booking had I not approached her with my offer. And, she is planning to get still MORE cookware at her show so....points, points, points!!! :D

Gotta love them POR points!!

That is so awesome!! I love it!

Wooo hoooo! Congratulations!

Awesome Job!! Gotta love the unexpected bookings.

Dianne

That is great news for you!! You are going to be rolling in the free cookware!!

Can someone explain to me how you use the host special as the consultant?This sounds like a great idea to use for incentives or add to a collection.

Basically, if someone is not using their host bonus/past host host bonus, we, as consultants, sometimes ask if "it is ok for us to offer this bonus to someone else".

Most hosts will either say YES, no problem, or, they will rethink their NO and change it to "yes".

If I have permission to offer this bonus to someone else, I then determine whether I personally want to purchase the item at the host bonus price. If I don't, for whatever reason, I then pretty much contact my list of "go to gals" -- usually past hosts or family members -- to see if someone is interested in the item at the bonus price.

If it is a past host/customer, THIS offer alone will tend to build customer loyalty, and, in my case above, it led to an unexpected booking.

Often, I personally purchcase the unused host bonus options and offer then in gift baskets, gifts for friends/family, or as items for mystery host/open houses, etc.

If you do the work the get someone else the bonus, the next step is to document it somewhere so YOU know who gets what when the order comes in. Remember, the packing slip will show the item in the name of the host or the past host....so, if they are NOT the person getting the item, you will need to "remind" the host of this fact.

What I do is handwrite receipts for the host/past host showing what they actually ordered; then, for the "extra" person, I handwrite an additional receipt, with the actual name of the packing slip name on the receipt and the "purchaser's" name somewhere on the form; I then indicate "shared purchase" or "gift purchase" so everyone has a warranty receipt.

I'll repeat this one step cause it is important to keeping your sanity if you offer bonus options to others: 1) Ask the host for permission to use an usused host bonus (or past host); 2) Enter on the correct person's order (host or past host); 3) REMIND the HOST that there will be a difference between the packing slips and the actual persons getting products; 4) provide the receipts to the host for the show orders, INCLUDING any changed/handwritten receipts to articulate the use of the host bonus by others (i.e. "shared purchase/gift purchase").

I know this is a bit lengthy, sorry....but hope it helps!

What is the "Unwanted Host Bonus = Booking!" promotion?

The "Unwanted Host Bonus = Booking!" promotion is a special offer for Pampered Chef hosts who did not meet the minimum sales requirement for a free product. It allows them to still receive a host bonus by booking a future party with a minimum sales goal.

How does the "Unwanted Host Bonus = Booking!" promotion work?

To qualify for the "Unwanted Host Bonus = Booking!" promotion, the host must have had a party with a minimum sales goal and did not meet it. They can then book a future party with a minimum sales goal and meet or exceed it to receive their original host bonus.

What is the benefit of the "Unwanted Host Bonus = Booking!" promotion?

The benefit of the "Unwanted Host Bonus = Booking!" promotion is that it allows hosts to still receive a host bonus even if they did not meet the minimum sales requirement for their initial party. It also encourages hosts to book future parties and work towards meeting their sales goal.

How can I take advantage of the "Unwanted Host Bonus = Booking!" promotion?

To take advantage of the "Unwanted Host Bonus = Booking!" promotion, simply book a future party with a minimum sales goal and meet or exceed it. This will allow you to still receive your host bonus, even if you did not meet the sales requirement for your initial party.

Is the "Unwanted Host Bonus = Booking!" promotion available for all Pampered Chef hosts?

Yes, the "Unwanted Host Bonus = Booking!" promotion is available for all Pampered Chef hosts who did not meet the minimum sales requirement for their initial party. It is a great way to still receive a host bonus and continue to support your Pampered Chef consultant.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• goddessred
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
ivykeep
  • TJMagoo
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
gailz2
  • krzymomof4