• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Help! Can I Host & Order Cookware as a Past Host?

kind of...points you get for doing a show as a past host?You get points for hosting a show and for bringing in a customer order.
krzymomof4
Silver Member
Okay so here is the short version of the story. I have a past host who booked off of herself. She wants the cookware really badly, but just did her show in June. She said her friends and family are tapped out. She wants to order the cookware as a past host and as a current host. She can do that right? Or do I need to add a small order on there? Only bummer is I won't make a lick of commission. Bummer.:cry:

She can order as a past host (customer order) and as the current host. As long as her customer order is over $150, you can submit it as a show. BUT- I'd have her pass the mini catalog around to her friends and family. They may want some of the new items and that will help you out with commissionable sales. If you offer a small gift to people who bring a guest or outside order, that will also help you both, and may get you into a new circle of people.

She would pay shipping as the past host and be entered as a guest as well.

It may not pay you commission but it will get you points toward your consultant bags! Plus it will raise your monthly sales totals and possibly push you to a higher commission rate for your shows that follow!

Last edited:
Brandi, hate to burst your bubble, but the points are based on commissionable sales, not guest sales. sorry :(

Same for raising your commission rate for the month. The past host special doesn't count toward that, either.

GourmetGirl said:
Brandi, hate to burst your bubble, but the points are based on commissionable sales, not guest sales. sorry :(

Geez, I knew that! Sorry had a moment I suppose

don't worry - we all have our moments (mine happen anytime before noon :))

I agree that this will help you b/c you did a "favor" for that hostess and she won't likely soon forget it. But of course I think I would ask that she keep the actual favor to herself b/c otherwise you get tons and tons of people that want to do that. It happened to me before...tons of pans sold...but not tons of $$ in my pocket.

wait wait wait wait WAIT! Am I understanding this right?

Jane has an August show. Books off herself for September.

In September she could order - as a guest with $4 shipping - cookware that is $150+ after the discount and turn it in as another show with only her order and get 2 items / sets at 60% off?

That seems too good to be true. But it's very exciting if it is!!!

I would not offer the past host thing being enough to make a show until she is sure she can't get at least $150 in outside orders. You end up doing work and getting no commission. I did that in February for someone. She didn't even try to get any orders because I opened my big mouth.

IAmChefJ said:

In September she could order - as a guest with $4 shipping - cookware that is $150+ after the discount and turn it in as another show with only her order and get 2 items / sets at 60% off?

One as a hostess and one as a past hostess, but they must have booked of themselves

IAmChefJ said:

Very exciting for the host...but since we make NADA on host specials or half price items it counts as NOTHING for us. Not even sales for points or anything.

Yes...it's great to offer that to someone who may remember that you did that for them and become a lifetime customer, but just know that you don't get any sales from it!

I agree...I wouldn't let them know this up front, unless they truely try and can't get orders.

it would count toward total career sales though, right?

Nope. Career sales are commissionable sales. Host special, half-price and free don't count.

I don't know where to ask this question so I thought here was as good a place as any.

Can someone tell me what is a "cook-n-book"?

cookingwith_tara said:
I don't know where to ask this question so I thought here was as good a place as any.

Can someone tell me what is a "cook-n-book"?

Hands on training for doing a demo...(as in actually MAKING the recipe and helping them with words to use) then training to get on the phone and book some shows! Newbie needs to bring their cell phone and their list of 100 along with their calender to schedule shows right then and there with their trainer!

HTH

Thanks! That's helps a lot!

chefann said:
Nope. Career sales are commissionable sales. Host special, half-price and free don't count.

oh wow! Did not know that! :grumpy:
Thanks!

Ok, I should have maybe mentioned that Jane is related to me and was disappointed that she'd booked an August Show and then learned about the September host special, but was nice enough not to cancel August.

And submitting a show that's as easy as writing up 2 orders that gives someone such a great deal on something she really wants will definitely pay me in happiness rewards that far exceed the monetary rewards.

I do so love this company! It gives me warm fuzzies all the time.

If she likes the cookware that much, she should encourage as many friends as possible to book from you in September. I am telling all my August hosts how excited I am for them..since there is really no limit to the number of cookware pieces they can earn.

legacypc46 said:
If she likes the cookware that much, she should encourage as many friends as possible to book from you in September. I am telling all my August hosts how excited I am for them..since there is really no limit to the number of cookware pieces they can earn.

Exactly!

I urge my hosts to get a minimum of $150 in guest orders and then they can get two of the host specials at that show (that they booked off their previous one). I don't TELL them that the past host order counts toward the $150 and they don't assume it either. I have never had anyone not do that. Those might end up being small shows but they add up.

If you have a show that consists of only the past host order (so no sales for you) just remember that you now have an extremely happy customer and she will remember that and bring you new business in the future.

She originally wanted to put the cookware on layaway. Then I announced the Sept special through email and she put 2 and 2 together.

1. Can I still host a Pampered Chef party and order cookware if I have hosted in the past?

Yes, as a past host, you are welcome to host another Pampered Chef party and order cookware. We value our loyal customers and appreciate your continued support.

2. Is there a limit to how many times I can host and order cookware as a past host?

No, there is no limit to how many times you can host and order cookware as a past host. We want to make sure all of our customers have the opportunity to experience our products and enjoy hosting a party.

3. Are there any special perks for hosting as a past host?

Yes, as a past host, you will receive a special discount on your order and have the chance to earn additional free products based on your party sales. You will also have access to exclusive host specials and rewards.

4. How do I go about hosting and ordering cookware as a past host?

To host a party as a past host, you can reach out to your Pampered Chef consultant or visit our website to schedule a party. During the party, you can place your order and take advantage of your special perks and discounts.

5. Can I still earn rewards and credits for hosting as a past host?

Yes, you will still have the opportunity to earn rewards and credits for hosting as a past host. These rewards and credits can be used towards free products or discounted items from our catalog.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Chef.Wanda
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • TJMagoo
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
gailz2
  • PamperedPrincess74