• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Can Guest Speakers Enhance Your Professional Meetings?

2 hours each way. My husband was in the military so we moved around a lot and finally settled down in Peoria. I took some classes at Lewis and Clark Community College and then transferred to SIUE. I got my B.S. in Elementary Education. It was a long process, but it was worth it because now I am a certified elementary teacher.I got an Associates Degree from Boise State University in Elementary Education. I then transferred to the University of Idaho where I got my B.S. in Elementary Education. I then got my Master's Degree from the University of Idaho in Elementary Education. I have been a certified elementary teacher for 7 years.
DebPC
Staff member
Guest Speakers at Your MeetingsThis is another way to keep things fresh at your meetings. Ask another director at your level if they'll come speak and demo at your meeting if you do the same for them. Or if you don't do your meetings with your upline director ask them to come and present a topic or do a demo.

We had a speaker recently (husband of a consultant) who gave tax info. He's a tax preparer.

Where did you go for high education and overall was it worth it?

I started at Texas Tech, moved to Southern Utah University after meeting hubby online (see marriage proposal thread), also attended Dixie College to get my Associates and finished at Boise State University. It was a very expensive paper, but I have used it in my personal business. I have a BS in Secondary Education, Theatre. Education and performing!

I started at Eastern Oklahoma State college...and then got married...moved from there to OK State. Then my husband graduated and we moved to Fort Benning Georgia for his officer training. After that we moved back "home". I now have an Associates Degree in Business/Computer Science from Carl Albert State College, an Associates Degree in Child Development from EOSC, and a BS degree in Family and Consumer Science from NorthEastern State College in Oklahoma. It was a long process...20 years, a husband, 3 children and many business adventures and several jobs...and it was expensive, but I think it was well worth it. I have used all of my degrees along the way.

I got two BS degrees from Milwaukee School of Engineering (MSOE), started on my master's degree in Engineering Management there, then I got married and moved "up north" - no REAL colleges nearby so I went to Nicolet Area Tech College for many firefighting classes and got a tech diploma as an EMT-B. Finally, UW-Stout offered a Master's program in Technology Management where I could drive to Wausau and attend classes. I finished my Master's degree in 2006.

Worth it? Well still paying the bills but definitely worth it! I highly value my education from MSOE - that made me work the hardest and taught the most. My Master's Degree seemed easy to me in comparison - maybe it was easier, maybe life experience helped a ton!

janetupnorth said:
I got two BS degrees from Milwaukee School of Engineering (MSOE)

Cool! I went to UWM :)

My degree did take me 6 years to finish, but I did take time off to make money to pay for it. I refused to take out loans to pay for school when time wasn't an issue.

I went to Fisher College but didn't get to graduate. They closed the satellite location I was attending in my home town and I just never transferred. Now I am married and busy with a family. Someday when I have more "ME" time I will finish.

Kristin, that is exactly how I was...busy with my husband and family. I finally took my last 2 years online through NorthEastern College. It was so much easier. I could go to class on weekends and at 10:00 at night after my kids were in bed. Sometimes I wish I had just finished in the normal 4 years right after high school, but my time with my children and helping my husband financially support our family was well worth it. I finally went back just so I could say I finished. It was totally selfish on my part because I am have not taken my teaching certification tests and do not plan to teach, but I feel good about it. I do not like starting things and not finishing them. I am once again staying home and helping my husband with our business.

shawnna said:
Kristin, that is exactly how I was...busy with my husband and family. I finally took my last 2 years online through NorthEastern College. It was so much easier. I could go to class on weekends and at 10:00 at night after my kids were in bed. Sometimes I wish I had just finished in the normal 4 years right after high school, but my time with my children and helping my husband financially support our family was well worth it. I finally went back just so I could say I finished. It was totally selfish on my part because I am have not taken my teaching certification tests and do not plan to teach, but I feel good about it. I do not like starting things and not finishing them. I am once again staying home and helping my husband with our business.

Well money is sort of an issue right now. School is just not in the cards for me at this time.

Admin Greg said:
Cool! I went to UWM :)

I wandered over there once in awhile. My cousin went there and I had a few seminars or things over there once in a great while. Sometimes I would drive and sit by the lake east of there and study.

I went to Southern Illinois University - Edwardsville for a year & hated it! I was commuting an hour each way, every day, working 30 hours a week on campus & didn't make time to study. I've got a couple of credits that would transfer but I just don't know if I want to do it.

I would like to have a degree in Social Work, but I know there's no money in that. I keep thinking once the kids get all in school, I'll do it. By then, though, I may be operating a combine & raising cattle (depends if my FIL retires or not). Who knows what's in store for me. :)

Western Michigan University for Physical Education and there again for starting my masters, but I didn't finish.

Santa Barbara City College, Grossmont and Cuyamaca college and SDSU (eight years later) LOL.

I went to Kentucky Christian College in Grayson, Kentucky. The plan was to go a year and take the basic freshman classes, then transfer to Ohio State University and become a home ec teacher.

Met my husband the first day of classes our freshman year and then just couldn't transfer :) Ended up getting "two" degrees....Associate of Arts degree and MRS degree :D

heat123 said:
Santa Barbara City College, Grossmont and Cuyamaca college and SDSU (eight years later) LOL.

Heat....my brother lives in San Diego and gave me a SDSU sweatshirt one year for Christmas. For some reason that is still my favorite sweatshirt! I guess because it looks expensive <<hee hee>> it's appliqued not silk screened!

I went to Colorado State University for undergrad where I got my BS in psychology. (I loved it! My only 4 years outside of IL). I went straight on to Loyola University Chicago for my Masters in Counseling Psychology. Yay! No more school for me!:)

University of Iowa
quit after my freshman year and married my jr high/high school sweetheart

Attachments

• GuestDoorPrize OVERHEAD.doc
    33.5 KB · Views: 280
    33.5 KB · Views: 256
    33.5 KB · Views: 264
I went to Alabama Southern Community College. It is a local Jr college about 15 minutes from home. I could have had a full scholarship to a 4 year college, but I was young and stupidly in love and turned it down to be near my fiance who ended up cheating on me and we broke up UHHHH!!!! Oh well, must have been all a part of God's plan for me. And this is pretty much my only regret in life.

I went to the University of Illinois - graduated with a BS degree in marketing - was a business major all four years - absolutely loved college!!! My best friends are the girls I met while at school - we always joke that we wish we could just go back and party like we used to - no classes, of course! I graduated in 1990 - now my almost 13 year old wants to go to U of I as well - I'll gladly relive college through him:)

I went to a trade school called Provo college got my associates degree and was a Medical Assistant

I did my BS at Texas Christian University where I was a Political Science major with a Pre-Law emphasis and History minor. I am now working on my M.A. in Leadership in Student Affairs at the University of St. Thomas up here in MN. My bachelors was pretty expensive (not so much for me - my loans were minimal, but for my Dad), but most definitely worth it. My Masters is turning out to be very expensive but an incredible experience! I love every minute of my classes!

I went to Auburn and also to the University of Hawaii

pamperedlinda said:
I went to Auburn and also to the University of Hawaii

University of Hawaii????

Do tell...there has to be a story to that...

janetupnorth said:
University of Hawaii????

Do tell...there has to be a story to that...

I lived in Hawaii for several years (93-97) and went back to school while I was there. I really miss it too (Hawaii that is!)

Neat...most people don't just go from GA to HI!

I went to Mount Mary College in Milwaukee for a year. Decided I needed to try out the "college life" and went to UW-Stevens Point. Realized after one year that "college life" was getting me nowhere quickly - way too much partying, not enough studying, so I went back to Mount Mary and got my degrees in biology and chemistry, emphasis in food and water technology. Graduated in '91. I went back for my masters in Management, thanks to my employer, at Cardinal Stritch (Milwaukee), graduated in '97.

Wish it was much more exciting and could say I was in Hawaii with Linda!

I went to the University of South Dakota for 2 years and then transferred to Mitchell Technical institute and AAS degree in Medical Assisting.

DianeVill said:
I went to Mount Mary College in Milwaukee for a year. Decided I needed to try out the "college life" and went to UW-Stevens Point. Realized after one year that "college life" was getting me nowhere quickly - way too much partying, not enough studying, so I went back to Mount Mary and got my degrees in biology and chemistry, emphasis in food and water technology. Graduated in '91. I went back for my masters in Management, thanks to my employer, at Cardinal Stritch (Milwaukee), graduated in '97.

Wish it was much more exciting and could say I was in Hawaii with Linda!

I played softball against Stritch numerous times in college.

Mount Mary - well all I know about them is that MSOE would have dances with them so girls would be there. There was a 10 to 1 ratio of men to women when I went to MSOE and the few of us there did NOT want to be dating the guys...they were too...well, pushy, desperate...granted, there were a few nice guys, but the desperate ones bugged us too much to see the nice ones!

janetupnorth said:
I played softball against Stritch numerous times in college.

Mount Mary - well all I know about them is that MSOE would have dances with them so girls would be there. There was a 10 to 1 ratio of men to women when I went to MSOE and the few of us there did NOT want to be dating the guys...they were too...well, pushy, desperate...granted, there were a few nice guys, but the desperate ones bugged us too much to see the nice ones!

LOL - I was on the student board at Mt. Mary, and you're right, we'd have dances with the MSOE guys. I was engaged throughout most of college (afer my stint at UW) so I missed all the fun (actually before meeting my fiance I did date an MSOE guy but I didn't meet him through school).

The Stritch program I was in was for working adults and classes were at night. I was one of the youngest by far, so there would have been a lot of old farts on the team - they would have been easy to beat!

I graduated from MATC (Milwaukee Area Tech College) in nursing. 10+ years later I attended UW-Milwaukee for about 2 years, majoring in accounting but didn't finish. We moved and I had 2 more kids...

GourmetGirl said:
I did my BS at Texas Christian University where I was a Political Science major with a Pre-Law emphasis and History minor. I am now working on my M.A. in Leadership in Student Affairs at the University of St. Thomas up here in MN. My bachelors was pretty expensive (not so much for me - my loans were minimal, but for my Dad), but most definitely worth it. My Masters is turning out to be very expensive but an incredible experience! I love every minute of my classes!

Do you mind if I ask how long ago you graduated from TCU? I know someone whose wife went there. I'd imagine she graduated between '92-'95.

I hold an Associate of Science (Humanities Interest) from McHenry County College in Illinois. Four years later I ended up in the studio arts department at the University of Minnesota getting a BFA (Bachelor of Fine Arts) in sculpture and glass blowing.

--Jenny L

I'm at UW-Oshkosh ...i'm sure it will be worth it...graduate this december!!

I went to New Mexico State University at Alamogordo... I got my Associates in Art and Graphic Design.

I went to U Windsor. I got a degree in Psych with a second major in music. Total waste of time and bunches of money.

I graduated from Catawba College in NC. Got a swimming scholarship which helped BIG time. Majored in Theraputic Recreation with a minor in Psychology. Now I work as a secretary at a hospital and HATE IT. Trying to go back to school for something. I was on the wait list at University of Dayton for their physical therapy program but did not get in. Now thinking about teaching or sign language interpreter.

I am going to the University of Phoenix, I go to school once a week. I will graduate in 2009 with my bachelors in Business Management.

I went to North Dakota State University for 4 years in Fargo, ND and then DH moved to NE with a friend so I moved here to be with him and finished my degree here at University of Nebraska at Omaha. I have a BSBA emphasis in Human Resources.

Yes it is worth it as I met my DH in college!!!!! I have to admit with being a SAHM now, it is a pretty expensive piece of paper!!!!

Sharisse

PS - I was in Gamma Phi Beta sorority too!

Admin Greg said:
Where did you go for high education and overall was it worth it?

I go my AA degree from Lake Superior College in Duluth, MN in Dec. of 2004. I am attending there now for the Medical Transcription certificate. I will be done in May.

The AA would maybe be worth it if I did go back for a Bachelor's Degree, which was my original plan. I know the trascription certificate will be a good thing. I'm hoping to be able to work at home eventually, doing transcription. My SIL works for the local clinic out of her home. The flexibility will be nice.

Started out at Lewis-Clark State College, Lewiston, Idaho

Transfered to Boise State University, Boise, Idaho

Relocated (for love!) to University of Idaho, Moscow, Idaho

Married and moved and went briefly to a small college in California

Moved back to Idaho, graduated with a 4 year degree from Lewis Clark State College (....if you are paying attention, that is where I started!).

Took me 17 years but I did it!

:cheerleader:

bethsbiz said:
Started out at Lewis-Clark State College, Lewiston, Idaho

Transfered to Boise State University, Boise, Idaho

Relocated (for love!) to University of Idaho, Moscow, Idaho

Married and moved and went briefly to a small college in California

Moved back to Idaho, graduated with a 4 year degree from Lewis Clark State College (....if you are paying attention, that is where I started!).

Took me 17 years but I did it!

:cheerleader:
Good for you Beth. :)

I went to Sheridan College (in Wyoming) for one year - stopped to train horses full time for a few years

Took one class in Arizona at Glendale College & then moved back home and went back to Sheridan College & then to University of Wyoming. Messed around here and then quit, wanted to be back outside and went back to training horses and then went to work for the RR.

Got married had a baby and then decided to go back to school. Sheridan College again, this time got a certificate and then an associates. Moved back to University of Wyoming and followed through and got my BS. On and off for 16 years but got it done.

It was very much worth it. I see many of the business practices that was taught in school in both my full time job and with PC.

I took courses I needed to know what I was doing as a bookkeeper at a local community college. It helped greatly and my employer at the time paid for it which was even better! They were hard in that I had to fit in classes (in a summer compressed schedule - 15 weeks of instruction in about 5 or 6 weeks time), study, projects, working full time and being a single mom. I still don't know how I managed to do it but I did. Got good grades. Didn't earn a degree but definitely excelled in what I did at work.

Related to How Can Guest Speakers Enhance Your Professional Meetings?

1. What is the purpose of having guest speakers at our meetings?

Having guest speakers at our meetings allows for different perspectives and expertise to be shared with our team. It keeps things fresh and provides new ideas and tips for our business.

2. How do you decide who to invite as a guest speaker?

We typically invite other directors at our level or above, as they have a wealth of knowledge and experience to share. We also may invite guest speakers from outside of Pampered Chef, such as marketing or business experts.

3. Do guest speakers have to be from the same company as Pampered Chef?

No, guest speakers do not have to be from the same company as Pampered Chef. We welcome speakers from different industries or backgrounds to bring new perspectives and ideas to our team.

4. Can anyone attend the meetings with guest speakers, or is it limited to certain people?

Our meetings with guest speakers are open to all team members. We encourage everyone to attend and learn from the valuable insights and information that will be shared.

5. How often do you have guest speakers at your meetings?

We try to have guest speakers at our meetings at least once a month. This allows for a variety of topics and speakers to be featured and keeps our meetings interesting and informative.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
crystalscookingnow
  • Admin Greg
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • DebPC
  • General Chat
Replies