• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

New Product Cross Sell Activity: Get On Your Toes!

I feel like I've only been with this company for a short time too!I have been with this company for about 3 years.Wow, where did the time go...I feel like I've only been with this company for a short time too!
DebPC
Staff member
New Product Cross Sell ActivityWe do this when the new products come out. We have a table with a display of them(directors package). We have a bowl with pieces of paper with numbers in them and every consultant picks 2. If you have very small meetings they could pick three or large meetings have them pick one.
This wouldn't work for very large meetings unless you had some blank ones in there.
The person who picks #1 goes up and picks any product, says a few sentences to sell it and ends with" and you'll also want to consider our".
That consultant stops there and #2 comes up and has to pick a product to cross sell with the first one. They end with the same and #3 comes up. This keeps going and going til all the numbers are gone. Great on your toes excercise.

Do you cross sell ONLY the new products?

Oh! I like that Deb! Thanks.

We have done that but on a much less organized scale. And we do cross sell with other products from the catalog. "Who has the _______? Well, then this just might be your next must have. _________ because..."

Here's another one, how about your longest job you have stayed at?

Mine sadly enough was at a local Drug store where I transferred from store to store, position to position for 11 years (however it was always partime).

The only good thing that came out of it was meeting my DH when he was just a young whipper snapper of 18 and cute stocker boy at the time:love0010:! That was 14 years ago!:)

10 years on my current day job, next month. Doesn't seem that long since I changed to part time :)

I don't consider P..... C.... a job :) but I've been with PC for over 9 yrs and that's the longest I've ever stuck with one thing!

Oops...forgot this is open to everyone. Just edited this to remove my company name :eek:

Pamper....oh wait, can I say that? Ummmm, independent consultant for a company that sells high quality kitchen tools, for six years - that's my longest and best job!:D

DianeVill said:
Pamper....oh wait, can I say that? Ummmm, independent consultant for a company that sells high quality kitchen tools, for six years - that's my longest and best job!:D

Heehee you're funny Diane!:p But I guess that's appropriate since it's not the CS board and this is an open public forum.:rolleyes:

My luck I'd get googled and this would turn up!

Okay...since when does the reason we are editing a post show up? I removed the company name from the post. Then "said" the name in my reason...and it showed up!!

I'm trying to be good!!

I worked at Wendys for 6 yrs

My longest is with the same kitchen tool company - 2 years....although I did work 4 years (on and off - through high school and then during breaks for college) at a kids' hamster cage....er, Discovery Zone.

DianeVill said:
Me too.

I have worked my current job for almost 5 yrs, with a well known company that sells quality kitchen tools through home presentation. Before that I worked at a movie theater from age 16-20! I ALWAYS reeked of popcorn. Yuck....

I have been an independent consultant with the premier kitchen tool direct sale company for 5 1/2 years. I worked at a hospital for 5 years until they laid me off but otherwise it's always been 2-3 years - moved a lot before this.

erinyourpclady said:
I have worked my current job for almost 5 yrs, with a well known company that sells quality kitchen tools through home presentation. Before that I worked at a movie theater from age 16-20! I ALWAYS reeked of popcorn. Yuck....

My brother worked at Wendy's throughout high school...he came home smelling like the grease fryers!! :yuck: Ugh! We made him shower as soon as he walked in the door!

Longest for me is probably on the Volunteer Fire Department for 7 years, current job about 6 years. Almost all other jobs have been 5 years...not because I didn't like them but because school or marriage or other things moved me elsewhere.

My current business is my longest. Before that it was just summer internships when I was in school.

I would have to say my job as a CMA for a Sinus Doctor. It was about 4 1/2 years. I then got pregnant with the twins and decided to stay home. Before that I have various waitress jobs.

Wow, impressive that alot of you have been with that awesome company sellling premiere kitchen tools the longest! :)

I have been a legal secretary for 11 years with the same attorney.

heat123 said:
Wow, impressive that alot of you have been with that awesome company sellling premiere kitchen tools the longest! :)

It has to be a great company huh?! :D

Sure is! :)

I've been a private music teacher for 21 years, and with that 'P' company for 10 years. Sounds boring when you type it out..

friday said:
I've been a private music teacher for 21 years, and with that 'P' company for 10 years. Sounds boring when you type it out..

What instrument(s) do you teach?

heat123 said:
The only good thing that came out of it was meeting my DH when he was just a young whipper snapper of 18 and cute stocker boy at the time:love0010:! That was 14 years ago!:)

Awwww, that's awesome!!!! My longest job was at the psychiatric hospital where I was for 5 1/2 years as a therapist, but PC is gaining on that, with my five year anniversary coming up in the spring!!!!

pamperedbecky said:
Awwww, that's awesome!!!! My longest job was at the psychiatric hospital where I was for 5 1/2 years as a therapist, but PC is gaining on that, with my five year anniversary coming up in the spring!!!!

Wow, where did the time go Becky! I remember when I first "met" you, you were at 2.5 years with PC! Now I'm at 2 years! That's crazy! B was just 4 months old when I found CS!:eek:

I love the "30 second commercial" a number of you just did. Got some good ideas for mine!

--Jenny L

My longest Job was Air Force for 4 years but in August I just hit 4 years with the Great Quality Kitchen Tools Company...Unfortunately I don't do it full time YET!!

Attachments

• Brunch Invite.doc
    130 KB · Views: 180
  • Brunch Invite.doc
    130 KB · Views: 170
  • Brunch Invite.doc
    130 KB · Views: 170
janetupnorth said:
What instrument(s) do you teach?

I teach trumpet, guitar, voice, flute, clarinet, saxophone, and some piano. I also have the occasional theory student.

1. How does the new product cross sell activity work?

The activity involves having a table with a display of new products, along with a bowl filled with pieces of paper with numbers on them. Each consultant picks two numbers, and the person who picks number one goes up and picks a product to sell, followed by another consultant picking a product to cross sell with the first one. This continues until all the numbers are gone.

2. What is the purpose of this activity?

The purpose of this activity is to encourage consultants to think on their feet and practice their sales skills by cross selling new products.

3. Is this activity suitable for all meeting sizes?

This activity works best for small to medium sized meetings, as it may become difficult to manage with a large number of participants. However, adjustments can be made by including blank pieces of paper in the bowl for larger meetings.

4. Can consultants choose which products to cross sell?

Yes, each consultant has the freedom to pick any product they want to cross sell with the initial product chosen by the first consultant.

5. How does this activity benefit consultants?

This activity helps consultants to improve their sales skills by thinking quickly and creatively about how to cross sell new products. It also encourages teamwork and collaboration among consultants as they work together to come up with the best product combinations.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pampchef.angel
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pampchef.angel
Replies
Views
genburk
Replies
Views
MissKris