• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

House Warming Party Invites - Get Yours Now!

In summary, the conversation is about a housewarming party that a coworker wants to have, where she plans to ask for gifts from a wishlist. Some people think it is rude and not common in their area, while others suggest hosting a Pampered Chef party instead and getting gifts that way. The general consensus is that it is not appropriate to ask for gifts at a housewarming party, except in certain circumstances like a catastrophic event. The conversation also touches on the idea of registries for children's birthday parties, which some find tacky.
chefcruz
Has anyone done a house warming party? Is there a flyer/invite I can give to the host to pass out?

Just have her call everyone personally to invite them to a Housewarming party at her house, featuring Pampered Chef. Then she can send out the postcard invitations and put a note on them that it's her housewarming party. Don't reinvent the wheel - use what you have and go for it!

I was just going to ask about this. Around here, people don't normally do "house warming" parties. I've just never heard about it but a coworker of mine wants to have one that is run like a bridal shower. Anyone had one that was successful?

Do you mean that she wants people to buy her presents from her wish list (like a bridal shower) or that she wants to have a regular show and also show off her new house?

pamperedlinda said:
Do you mean that she wants people to buy her presents from her wish list (like a bridal shower) or that she wants to have a regular show and also show off her new house?
It sounds like a bridal shower type party. She was talking that her BF wants to have another party soon so that they can ask for gift cards to do some updates to their house. Sounds a little weird to me but like I said, it's not the normal thing that I'm used to.

I've never heard of someone actually holding a housewarming like that (although I have heard people mention that they wanted to do one). It seems kinda rude to me.

My sister (step-sister) did that when she bought a condo. She registered at stores too. My mom was apalled!

That's my thought. I've heard of it but never seen it before. It is basically just like "asking" for presents. It's not even that big of a thing. They aren't even engaged or married, just moving in together. I understand that it is a big step in a brand new house. But just have a party to have your friends over, don't ask for gifts.

Should I say something if I don't feel comfortable or just go with it?

Maybe say... "What a great idea to get your kitchen stocked, but we wouldn't want to make your guests feel out of place! Let me see your wish list, and we can talk about how to get all the items you want for free... (maybe just host coach her toward her goal!)

That's a great idea. Then if anyone wants to voluntarily get them something small, they can do so at the show. But nobody should feel obligated to purchase them something. (IMO - baby and bridal showers/weddings are the only times when it's acceptable to present guests with a list of desired gifts. All other occasions, gifts are voluntary.)

Plus she will already get the great host benefits.

A house warming party is just like a bridal shower. You ask that no one brings a gift but purchase something from the wish list. Usually house warming parties are had when you buy a new home. It's a way to show off your new home to everyone.

Thinker said:
A house warming party is just like a bridal shower. You ask that no one brings a gift but purchase something from the wish list. Usually house warming parties are had when you buy a new home. It's a way to show off your new home to everyone.
I know the point of it but I still think it's a little weird and just not that common in my area.

chefann said:
That's a great idea. Then if anyone wants to voluntarily get them something small, they can do so at the show. But nobody should feel obligated to purchase them something. (IMO - baby and bridal showers/weddings are the only times when it's acceptable to present guests with a list of desired gifts. All other occasions, gifts are voluntary.)

I totally agree with this. I think the only time a "housewarming" may be appropriate is if everything has been lost through a catastrophic event of some kind - like fire, flood, tornado, etc....and friends want to get together to help replace items lost. (I have some people thinking about doing this for a friend who lost everything in a fire). I think it is in bad taste to put together a wishlist and say "here - buy me something". If people want to do it for you that is great, but it shouldn't be something they are made to feel obligated to do.

In fact, my DS (who isn't even 4 yet!) has been invited to a couple of birthday parties that have included registries at toy stores. I think that is so tacky! "Gimme Gimme Gimme!"

hi, I'm from uk and am thinking of a housewarming party. But, not for people to buy for ME. I thought it might be a good way to introduce myself as the local consultant and maybe get some parties booked or sales on the day.
Any thoughts????

It would then be an Open House, or what ever the british call them. :) Then you can welcome people without them thinking its FOR you but really for them to buy for Themselves.

Good luck!

What is a housewarming party invite?

A housewarming party invite is an invitation sent to friends and family to celebrate a new home or a recent move. It is a great way to show off your new space and gather loved ones together to make new memories.

How do I order housewarming party invites?

You can order housewarming party invites through your Pampered Chef consultant. They will be able to provide you with a catalog and guide you through the ordering process. You can also order invites online through the Pampered Chef website.

What are the design options for housewarming party invites?

Pampered Chef offers a variety of design options for housewarming party invites, including themes such as "Home Sweet Home" and "New Beginnings." You can also choose from different colors, fonts, and layouts to personalize your invites.

How many invites should I order for my housewarming party?

We recommend ordering at least 10-15 more invites than the number of guests you plan to invite. This allows for any last-minute additions to your guest list and gives you extra invites to keep as keepsakes.

Can I customize the wording on my housewarming party invites?

Yes, you can customize the wording on your housewarming party invites to fit your personal style. We suggest including important information such as the date, time, location, and any special requests (potluck, BYOB, etc.) You can also add a personal message to make your guests feel special.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• NancyD
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
espinoll
  • hlynn424
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • pjpamchef