• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Why Do Some Hosts Commit to Plans Then Suddenly Disappear?

haven't had that happen to me. But I've definitely had people not call back or show up. It's frustrating!
ChefDaynaDos
I had a girl who said she was interested in hosting a party. I didn't even ask her. She was the one who brought up the idea of hosting. She said she wanted to do one and that she would call me the next day to get all the details. Next day comes, no call. Then 2 more days go by and still no phone call. So, I finally decide to call her and she doesn't answer. I left her a voicemail and she never called back! It's so frustrating when people say they will definitely have a party and then just completely AVOID you. Look, I am a big girl. If you changed your mind about it, you can tell me. I just don't understand why someone would say they would do a party in the first place, if that was what they were going to do. I realize things come up, but at least TELL me! I just hate getting my hopes up about it. What do you do when/if this happens to you? :grumpy:

Geesh! I'm with you sister! I had someone that did the same to me, wanted to do a show so bad. "Call me so we can set up a date!". I call her, she can't do it this month, "call me next week and we'll set a date for next month". I call her and ask for her - "you have the wrong number". I apologized, hung up and checked the number. I didn't have the wrong number! Called her cell and left messages, emails, nothing! Seriously, grow some eggs. A simple, "I'm sorry, I just can't do a show right now, I'll call you" would suffice!!

I was taught to Bless and Release for the month. :)

ChefJWarren said:
Geesh! I'm with you sister! I had someone that did the same to me, wanted to do a show so bad. "Call me so we can set up a date!". I call her, she can't do it this month, "call me next week and we'll set a date for next month". I call her and ask for her - "you have the wrong number". I apologized, hung up and checked the number. I didn't have the wrong number! Called her cell and left messages, emails, nothing! Seriously, grow some eggs. A simple, "I'm sorry, I just can't do a show right now, I'll call you" would suffice!!

Wow! That is just immature. We are adults, I don't see why they can't act like one!

I had this happen this week i called from my cell, no answer so i left a message no call back so i used my house phone which has a private number and she picked up and i finally got a date for her show I know it can be frustrating

ChefDaynaDos said:
I had a girl who said she was interested in hosting a party. I didn't even ask her. She was the one who brought up the idea of hosting. She said she wanted to do one and that she would call me the next day to get all the details. Next day comes, no call. Then 2 more days go by and still no phone call. So, I finally decide to call her and she doesn't answer. I left her a voicemail and she never called back! It's so frustrating when people say they will definitely have a party and then just completely AVOID you. Look, I am a big girl. If you changed your mind about it, you can tell me. I just don't understand why someone would say they would do a party in the first place, if that was what they were going to do. I realize things come up, but at least TELL me! I just hate getting my hopes up about it. What do you do when/if this happens to you? :grumpy:

I had that happen to me... well, sort of! She was avoiding me, but it was because she gave me a $147 cold check!!! It was when I did a mystery host order and she was one of my mystery hosts. I went to her bank about 5 or 6 times to see if the funds were there and they weren't. Finally, one of the tellers said "why don't you just do *67 before you put in her number?" and guess what??! She answered! She said she thought it was her cousin because "her number comes up like that too." :eek:

WHATEVER?!??!

TerraOB83 said:
I had this happen this week i called from my cell, no answer so i left a message no call back so i used my house phone which has a private number and she picked up and i finally got a date for her show I know it can be frustrating

Yeah, I thought about calling her again to ask her what the deal was, but I don't want to be pushy and FORCE her to have a party when she obviously isn't interested like she said she was.

ChefDaynaDos said:
Yeah, I thought about calling her again to ask her what the deal was, but I don't want to be pushy and FORCE her to have a party when she obviously isn't interested like she said she was.

Just leave her a message that says: I'm calling, like you asked me to, to get details on when you want to have your show. My calendar is filling up so if you are interested in this spring, give me a call back. If this summer or fall is better for you that is OK with me. If I don't hear back from you I'll give you a call in May.

This helps me feel like I don't have to chase them.

I wouldn't stress over her. If she's this hard to get in touch with - just imagine the headache she will give you if you ever do set a date. Move on...

pamperedlinda said:
I wouldn't stress over her. If she's this hard to get in touch with - just imagine the headache she will give you if you ever do set a date. Move on...

Yeah, I'm not stressed about it. I don't think I am going to waste my time calling her again either. It is just frustrating when she is the one who mentioned hosting a show in the first place and then instead of telling me she changed her mind, she just ignored me all together. Oh well. :rolleyes:

some people just don't get it. I tell everyone that I handle rejection very well and it's okay if they don't want to have a party - I know that they still love me.

pamperedlinda said:
some people just don't get it. I tell everyone that I handle rejection very well and it's okay if they don't want to have a party - I know that they still love me.

I agree with you Linda - I tell people they can tell me they've changed their mind - I won't cry and run to the corner! I'd rather they do a show when they are ready to cause they will do a better job with it then anyhow!

Somewhere there is a chart of percentage of sucess rate (I know someone here has to have it). Anyway the chances of you getting a "yes" the first FOUR times you call is very low, but it jumps to something like 80% after the 5th contact.

I think something that is hard to remember, is Pampered Chef is OUR Business, and not their's. Most of my customers don't go around thinking about Pampered Chef. I would probably think, something must have come up, and I would put her in my list of 100, and call her every other month or so just to stay in contact.
I remember hearing on a tape, the message to leave would go something like this;
Sorry I missed you, I will continue to try and catch you until we connect.

Gina M said:
I agree with you Linda - I tell people they can tell me they've changed their mind - I won't cry and run to the corner! I'd rather they do a show when they are ready to cause they will do a better job with it then anyhow!

I feel the same way! I won't get upset if they bail - just let me know!

pjpamchef said:
Somewhere there is a chart of percentage of sucess rate (I know someone here has to have it). Anyway the chances of you getting a "yes" the first FOUR times you call is very low, but it jumps to something like 80% after the 5th contact.

I think something that is hard to remember, is Pampered Chef is OUR Business, and not their's. Most of my customers don't go around thinking about Pampered Chef. I would probably think, something must have come up, and I would put her in my list of 100, and call her every other month or so just to stay in contact.
I remember hearing on a tape, the message to leave would go something like this;
Sorry I missed you, I will continue to try and catch you until we connect.

But how does this apply to someone who has already said yes? So, I need to keep calling her? I feel like I will be bugging her if I do that.

Particularly because she said Yes. I once ran into a potiential host at another party that I had been leaving that message on her phone, and she said to me, "I keep forgetting to call you! I really do want to do a show, I just need to take time to sit down and look at my schedule. Everytime you leave me a message, I realize I haven't done that". Some people are just busy! I wouldn't stalk her, but I would keep trying to "connect" with her about once a month. That's why you leave the message, "I will continue to try and reach you until we connect." If she doesn't want to do a party, and is afraid to tell you so, she'll leave you a message on your phone when she thinks you're not around.

Think of it this way, when you get a reminder from your eye doctor that it's time to schedule your check-up, and you don't sit down and call them, do you think he thinks you don't want to have an eye exam at all. Or do you think he thinks you don't want to do it right now?? ( And if you don't respond, he keeps sending you reminders.)
People are busy, they are not thinking about us!!!

I don't think you are looking for advice on how to handle her from here out - that is pretty clearly laid out already. The point is that it is frustrating. Don't lie to me. I hate that. I had a hostess last month that told me she forgot about her party and had no idea how to get in touch with me and never got a packet. But when she rescheduled her show and I got to her house, she had her packet (I never mailed another one) and she knew that her brother in law worked with my husband, so getting in touch with me wasn't an issue - not to mention I had left her a message including my number every other day for over a week.

That is my issue. Don't waste my time making me call you and call you and call you - because I will, that's my job - when you don't have any intention of doing whatever it is you said you wanted to do in the first place. I have better things to do. I totally get where you're coming from - I think we all do. If there is someone out there who has never had this problem, let us know what your trick is.

1. Why do some hosts purposely avoid me as their Pampered Chef consultant?

There can be a variety of reasons why a host may choose to avoid a specific consultant. It could be a personal preference, a scheduling conflict, or they may have had a negative experience with that consultant in the past. It's important to respect their decision and not take it personally.

2. How do I approach a host who has been avoiding me?

If you have noticed that a host has been avoiding you, the best approach is to reach out to them in a friendly and non-confrontational manner. Let them know that you value their business and you are available to help them with any Pampered Chef needs they may have.

3. What can I do to make sure hosts don't purposely avoid me?

One of the best ways to ensure that hosts don't avoid you is to provide exceptional customer service and be a reliable and trustworthy consultant. Make sure to follow up with hosts after their parties and be available to answer any questions they may have.

4. Should I take it personally if a host avoids me?

No, you should not take it personally if a host avoids you. It's important to remember that everyone has their own preferences and reasons for choosing a consultant. Instead, focus on building positive relationships with your current and potential hosts.

5. How can I build a better relationship with hosts to prevent them from avoiding me?

Building a strong relationship with your hosts is key to preventing them from avoiding you. Make sure to communicate clearly, be responsive, and provide top-notch customer service. You can also offer incentives and rewards for hosting a party with you to make the experience more enjoyable for them.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Suzyengl
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • Diamond
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
bellakieu
  • chefjessicah