• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is My Host's Phone Disconnected? How Can I Reach Them?

In summary, the host dropped off a packet to the host's house and was unsuccessful in contacting her. The author tried calling her from multiple numbers and e-mail, but was unsuccessful. The author eventually found her through a Whitepages search and communicated with her.
Intrepid_Chef
Silver Member
I tried to call my Jan. 24 host tonight only to find that her phone was disconected!

I am very upset .. this is the latest in a series of personal trials.

I have her snail mail and e-mail addresses so I might try to contact her ... but I'm not holding out much hope!

A disconnected phone is never a good sign. How did she book from you? If it was from another show, contact that host and tell her that you must have the wrong number, because the one you dialed is disconnected.

I would first try to email her. She may just be having phone trouble and it's not really disconnected. But definately try contacting someone who knows her.
I know we had a few different phone #'s and finally dropped one. We thought we gave everyone a heads up, but people were panicing thinking something bad happened.
If you are unsuccessful, maybe if she is close you could leave a note on her door.

She was a booth contact who I've been trying to reach for months but she's been sidelined due to illness. So I don't know anybody who knows her.

I dropped off a host packet to her house and want to make sure she received it and check with her about the guest list. I practically drive past her place on my way to work.

So I think I'm going to send her an e-mail something like this:

"Hi Samantha!

I tried calling you last night but had some trouble. Did I write down the wrong number or has your number changed?

I just wanted to make sure you got the host packet I dropped off at your door and go over it and make sure you didn't have any questions. Also, i need your guest list. Would it be easier just to e-mail me the names and phone numbers?

Hope all is good for you and that you're feeling well!

Maybe she moved? I had someone email me that they wanted to host a show. We communicated through e-mail. She was an outside order from a show a year ago. I told her I'd be sending her a host packet in the mail. I sent it. I tried to call and follow up only to find her # disconnected. I e-mailed her about it but she never gave me a #. Finally, she called me...when she looked at her show info on my website when she was getting ready to send out her e-vites--she realized I had her wrong address. She NEVER told me she had moved! Luckily her mail got forwarded, so she did receive the packet. And because she got the packet, she didn't let it register that I have wrong contact info for her. Now we're all set, thankfully.I think what you wrote sounds great. Good luck! I hope it works out!

I talked to her about 10 days ago and got her new address. The phone is a cel phone.

Does the number say it's been disconnected, or temporarily disconnected? If it's a cell phone, maybe she's using a pay-as-you-go service, and has run out of minutes. Or maybe she has missed a bill with all that's going on. In either case, it could just be a glitch, and the phone might be on in a couple of days.

Di, did you call only one time, and/or only from one phone? Our house phone sometimes tells us a phone number is disconnected, but if we call from a cell phone, it works fine.

You could also try looking her up on Whitepages.com :) It's a bit sneaky, but IF she has a land-line listed, you can search for her Name and find one that corresponds to the address you know she has. Then if htere is a phone number listed- try that. It's no different than looking her up in the phone book. It won't work though if she has an unlisted number or obviously- no land-line. But worth a shot. (This doesn't work obviously for Cell phones.)I've done it before when I can't read someone's handwriting- I try to find them on that site and match it up to check the writing. Usually works.

Hmmm ... I tried from my home and cel and both said it was disconnected or no longer in service, though I got different sounding messages based on whether I called from my home or cel.I know it is a cel phone even thought Whitepages says it's an unpublished land line.Anyway ... I'll give it a few days and try again. She is on my newsletter e-mail list but I don't think she ever checks her e-mail.I was having myself a little pitty party last night!

No..I don't mean look up her current number that you have - you know that's a cell phone so it won't come up in http://whitepages.com. Plug in her name or her address that you have. You can enter Last Name, and the City/Zip....you can also click on 'Advanced" and put in the address. Then see if you can find her address in the list of results that comes up. if you do- then chances are good that she will have a landline telephone number. Since she only gave you a cell phone number, she could also have a landline. Many folks give just one- so that they don't get "hounded" at their home number.Worth a shot.

What does it mean when the host's phone is disconnected?

When the host's phone is disconnected, it means that their phone number is no longer in service or is unable to receive calls. This could be due to a variety of reasons such as changing phone providers, moving to a new location, or simply not paying their phone bill.

How will this affect my party or order?

If the host's phone is disconnected, it may make it difficult for you to communicate with them about party details or for them to receive notifications about their order. It is important to try and find alternate ways to contact the host, such as through email or social media, to ensure a smooth party experience.

What should I do if I have already placed an order through the host?

If you have already placed an order through the host and their phone is now disconnected, you can try reaching out to them through other means to confirm the details of your order. If you are unable to reach them, you can also contact our customer service team for assistance.

Will the party still go on if the host's phone is disconnected?

In most cases, the party will still go on even if the host's phone is disconnected. However, it is important to communicate with the host and try to find alternate ways to stay in touch and finalize party details. If the host is unresponsive, you can also reach out to our customer service team for assistance.

Can I still earn host rewards if the host's phone is disconnected?

Yes, you can still earn host rewards even if the host's phone is disconnected. As long as the party is still held and orders are placed, the host will still receive their rewards. If you have any concerns, please reach out to our customer service team for assistance.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Bren706
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Jules711
  • babywings76
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
babywings76
  • TheFreddiesCook