• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Hosts Not Delivering Products Right Away

In summary, the host should always make sure the products are delivered to the consultant. If the products are not delivered, the host should call the guest and let them know.
TheFreddiesCook
What do you say to hosts that get the boxes for their show and don't deliver the products right away? I just checked in with a host who received her shipment 2 weeks ago and she still has not given the products to the guests!

What's up with people? This will make me look bad, don't you think?

If a guest calls and asks where her products are just say "oh, it was delivered to the host on ______. She must be swamped. Just give her a call."

I recently spoke to a guest from a show who had not received her products from the host, and it was almost a month and a half since the show.

I make a point to let my customers know at checkout that the host will be receiving the products within 2 weeks (just to allow time for closing, shipping, and her to sort), and if they haven't received their products by then, to call her. That way they know that it's not my fault they haven't gotten their stuff.

The frustrating part for me is that if the host takes too long, the customer is outside of the 30 day window when HO will pay to pick up the product if there's an issue.

I would call the guests, almost an "out of the box" type call and let them know that they were delivered and that she is "busy" or whatever you choose. Don't wait for them to call you, make sure you are providing good customer service. Then they will see it's their friends fault not yours and you won't look bad.

That is why I choose to get the shows delivered to me! I got 2 shows delivered to me and have already had all the ladies come by my full time job to get their stuff! and it was 24 orders! I just don't see putting that stress on the host, I am still learning all of the products, I can't see her figuring out what goes in who's bag.....
I had one pregnant host and one slightly handicapped host...I can't expect them to unload four 25 pound boxes!
I want people to get their goodies right away...not have to wait for my hostess to get around to it!

How can you get the stuff shipped to the consultant? Would it still be $4.25 for shipping?

TheFreddiesCook said:
How can you get the stuff shipped to the consultant? Would it still be $4.25 for shipping?

When setting up the show in P3, in the host info screen click on the "direct to shipping address" button, then scroll down to enter the following in the shipping address screens:

c/o your name
your address
city, state, zip

That's all you need to do. Leave the guest's screens alone (unless they want their order direct shipped to their home). "c/o" is important.

I just talked to a customer and she still did not have an order from a show 3 years ago.............. and it was her sister in law who had the show. I offered to replace it myself and she said no she would get it eventually.

I had a guest that waited over a month. I found out about it with a CCC I had made. I called the host and her comment was, "she hasn't picked it up yet". Really????? This guest took time out of her busy schedule to attend the show and the host expected the guests to come and pick it up. I was so flabergasted I picked up the items from the host and delivered them myself to the guest. Some just don't have a clue even with all the host coaching. I always mention it to the host to delivery the product ASAP in case there is an issue with the product.

I had 3 guests wait over 6 months to get their order! Guests knew host had the items but did not feel comfortable with me picking up the order. I pressured the host, and eventually she delivered them....but she was not happy with me. Sigh

Have another guest who has been waiting since December to get her order.

And I have 2 over $100 orders that were paid for in December....customers have yet to call me back for delivery!

Crazy!

I hosted a show in June last year and my MIL in law hosted one in July. I am a consultant now, and STILL have not received one of my items. It was backordered, but I never got it after it came. She doesn't remember it being backordered and coming later. I think she either lost it, or is using it herself. She is a bit CRAZY anyways. I'll just call it a loss.

I had three guests who came up to me at my last show who wanted to combine their orders because they thought they would be going to their house. (I explained we could do that but that direct shipping was costly.) They said my host had let products sit at her house for a long time the last time she hosted something.I promised to call every one of them to make sure they were enjoying their products. Once I saw how big it was, I started thinking of having a packing party with my host and her family, and perhaps inviting everybody over to pick up their orders and a desert. I'd pitch this to the host but I don't know when the boxes are set to arrive!

I had someone come to me at a wedding on Saturday. I hadn't seen her in years. She asked about an outside order that her mom (or MIL, I'm not sure) had placed on a show last fall. I told her she really needed to contact the host.

The host for my end of June show asked for direct ship info because she works at a school and won't see those people again until Fall and she wanted those orders for her show. Gotta love her for thinking ahead!

As far as shipping costs are concerned, I have to say it amazes me that people get so upset about ours. I wish that we would just raise the price of everything by 25c or 50c and totally get rid of shipping costs to the party.

Our direct shipping is still less than a lot of other companies out there and so many people buy online that it's not an issue for many.

I was going to order an $18 item from Creative Memories and the shipping was $8.50! :eek: That's for up to $99.99. I'm gonna see if there's something else I need before I place the order. (Maybe that's their plan?!)

I notice the biggest issue with shipping from those who don't do much (or any) online or catalog shopping. Those who do are used to much higher shipping rates.

BethCooks4U said:
When setting up the show in P3, in the host info screen click on the "direct to shipping address" button, then scroll down to enter the following in the shipping address screens:

c/o your name
your address
city, state, zip

That's all you need to do. Leave the guest's screens alone (unless they want their order direct shipped to their home). "c/o" is important.

I'm confused, if you do it this way, because it says "direct" under Host's order, will it go directly to their home or will the host order also go to the shipping address?

"Direct" simply means that it will be shipped directly to where the show is shipped. So, normally that would be the hosts house, but you can have it shipped wherever but make sure you do it on the host's order only so there are no extra s/h charges

ChefKelebel said:
I'm confused, if you do it this way, because it says "direct" under Host's order, will it go directly to their home or will the host order also go to the shipping address?

smspamperedchef said:
"Direct" simply means that it will be shipped directly to where the show is shipped. So, normally that would be the hosts house, but you can have it shipped wherever but make sure you do it on the host's order only so there are no extra s/h charges

Right. This is just telling P3 that you want to use the address in the "Shipping Address" section of the host's information rather than the "Contact Address" section. This way, you can keep the host's true address in your records while still getting the products shipped to your address. Before I figured that out, I lost a couple of host's addresses within P3, because I put my address there instead.

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THIS!!! I have lost so many contacts that I was really getting frustrated! I have the products shipped to my house because I can't even begin to tell you how many flaky hosts I've had lately. I like to sort and deliver my shows as much as I can. Thanks again!

I sometimes crack a joke at my shows that lets customers know who's getting the products: Your products will be delivered to Susie, so if it's been 3 weeks or so and you haven't gotten your stuff, call her and tell her to wash the products and put them back in the box...she's been playing with your products!

I had this happen before, with one order. I even offered to pick up the order and take it to the customer (the host lived about 1 1/2 hr. from me). The host didn't want that. It took her over 3 months to get the order delivered and of course the customer (who had booked a show) wants nothing to do w/me or PC. She understood it was the host, but due to the delay she wanted taken off my contact list. I know of one consultant that has all the shows delivered to her and she delivers the products. I could not imagine doing that...

Chefstover2 said:
I sometimes crack a joke at my shows that lets customers know who's getting the products: Your products will be delivered to Susie, so if it's been 3 weeks or so and you haven't gotten your stuff, call her and tell her to wash the products and put them back in the box...she's been playing with your products!

I like that....that's good. !

That's great, Bobbi. I just might have to "creatively adapt that for my own use." ;)

1. Why haven't I received my products from my host yet?

There could be a few reasons why you have not received your products right away from your host. It could be due to delays in shipping or your host may still be waiting for all the orders to come in before placing the final order with us. We appreciate your patience and assure you that your products will arrive as soon as possible.

2. How long does it typically take for hosts to deliver products?

The delivery time for products from hosts can vary depending on the specific host and their location. Typically, hosts will deliver products within 2-3 weeks after the party ends. If you have not received your products within this time frame, please reach out to your host for an update.

3. Can I track my order from the host?

Unfortunately, tracking information is not provided for orders placed through hosts. If you have any concerns about the status of your order, please reach out to your host for an update.

4. Can I cancel my order if it hasn't been delivered yet?

If you would like to cancel or make changes to your order before it has been delivered, please contact your host. They will be able to assist you with any changes or cancellations. Once an order has been delivered, our standard return policy will apply.

5. My host hasn't delivered the products and I can't get in touch with them. What should I do?

If you are having trouble getting in touch with your host, please reach out to our customer service team for assistance. We will do our best to help you track down your order and ensure that you receive your products as soon as possible.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefCat
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
BlueMoon
  • kam
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
kam
  • ChefPeg