• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Delayed Product Distribution: Dealing with a Forgetful Host

, in summary, the host has not given out the products that were ordered over a month ago. The products have been in the host's house for approximately three weeks and the host is on vacation. The host has confirmed that the products have arrived and the Fed Ex tracking information shows that the products arrived on schedule. The host has not communicated with the consultants regarding the products and the consultants are asking about the status of the products. The consultants are willing to contact the host to check on the status of the products, but the host has not responded to the consultants. The host is close to where the consultants live and the host could bring the products to the consultants. The host has not opened the boxes or done any sorting of the products. The host
clshirk
I did a show over a month ago here in NC while I was still living in WV. I spoke with the host when products came in and she confirmed everything had arrived, along with the Fed Ex tracking info. Well, she has still not given out the stuff. She took over a week to close her show because she wouldn't get back to me on the final orders for her show and then the stuff arrived in less than a week after she finally closed it. Then she's had it in her house for probably 3 weeks. She was on vacation for about a week and a half of that. Everyone trusts that she'll give it out and she's not keeping it for herself (she's a manager where my mom works), and they all know she has it and that it's not my fault, but at what point is it out of my hands? My mom doesn't want me to say anything to her. Would you just let it be, or would you call? I mean, she knows I know she has it and she's just a very forgetful person. I feel it would sound mean if I call and push her on it. But I don't want to be associated with products taking over a month to be delivered.

How about calling her and asking if you could assist her in distributing the items since she might be very busy catching up after being on vacation? Or is she not close to where you live? Or could she bring all the items in where to you Mom? Sounds like she hasn't even opened the boxes or did and didn't want to sort out everything. Maybe offer to help her get the items bagged.

I would call her and act dumb.

"I was just calling to make sure everyone got their products and that they are satisified! How are all of your new products working for you?"

Is that too mean?:eek: :eek: :eek:

Time for Out of the Box calls! Start with the host and tell her you wanted to check with her first to make sure she hasn't heard anything from her guests b/c you'll be calling them this week to make sure they are enjoying their new tools.

Works every time!

I had this happen where a host was holding the products hostage because "she just hadn't gotten around to it..." so I called all of the guests and said, "Hi this is Colleen with The Pampered Chef... I'm just calling to let you know that your products are in at Sandy's house so just give her a call and let her know when you'll be by to get them." That way they knew that it wasn't me or my fault and it got her off her duff because her friends called and came by to get her stuff.

The thing that's lousy is if something "goes wrong," customers automatically assume there is a problem with PC or the consultand when that's not always the case.

Been there. I like the suggestions. Sometimes you don't even realize it is happening --uggh! That inspires me to do the Out of the Box calls to check to be sure they have gotten their products.

DebbieJ said:
Time for Out of the Box calls! Start with the host and tell her you wanted to check with her first to make sure she hasn't heard anything from her guests b/c you'll be calling them this week to make sure they are enjoying their new tools.

Works every time!

this is exactly what I was going to say! It does work!

reba515 said:
this is exactly what I was going to say! It does work!

Ditto from me!

The other thing that you have to think about is the 30-day return policy. If there is anything wrong with the items once the customers get it then the 30-days have been way reduced. I would hate to have a customer come back to you and expect you to pay for shipping if there were a problem.

Ok- great ideas. My mom was going to mention it to her today at work, she promised. I mean, my mom ordered stuff too. So, if she doesn't start passing out, I'm calling this afternoon.
Glad to hear i'm not the first this has happened to. I just feel bad. The only good thing is that everyone knows she has it, so it can't be reflected back on me.

Also mention the 30-day paid shipping back to HO for return/exchange issues ~ the 30-day clock start from the SHIP date!!!

Ginny

What does "Host Not Distributing" mean?

"Host Not Distributing" refers to a situation where a host of a Pampered Chef party or event has chosen not to distribute the products purchased by their guests. This means that instead of receiving their products at the party, the guests will have their items shipped directly to them.

Why would a host choose not to distribute the products?

There could be a variety of reasons why a host may choose not to distribute the products. Some common reasons include not wanting to handle the distribution process, wanting to save time and hassle, or not having enough space to store the products.

Will my products still be guaranteed if the host chooses not to distribute?

Yes, your products will still be covered by our satisfaction guarantee even if the host chooses not to distribute them. If you have any issues with your products, please contact our customer service team for assistance.

How will I know if the host has chosen not to distribute?

If the host has chosen not to distribute the products, you will receive a notification via email or text message. You can also check the status of your order on our website by logging into your account.

Can I change my delivery method if the host chooses not to distribute?

Unfortunately, once the host has made the decision not to distribute, we are unable to change the delivery method for your order. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and appreciate your understanding.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Diamond
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
bellakieu
  • SherryLynn
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
SherryLynn
  • AshleyAllison