• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Hosting the 19th: Inviting 8 Adults & 22 Kids!

In summary, my host for the 19th said she's inviting 8 adults and 22 kids! I'd love to tell her to invite more, but scared that she will! how fun!!
My host for the 19th said she's inviting 8 adults and 22 kids! I'd love to tell her to invite more, but scared that she will!

how fun!!That could be so much fun! I wonder if you could get pre-orders for the aprons in the outlet so the kids can wear them at the show?

I'd get your hands on the kids cookbook PC has (the name is escaping me right now) and do something there, or just find a kid-friendly recipe elsewhere and tweek it for PC.

And be sure to show all the kid friendly products PC has (there's a list in the files section) and let the kids play with them.

I'm so jealous! I'd love to do a kids cooking show/class!! :chef:

This sounds like such a great show. I am going to have to try this show. Thanks!

If you are afraid of more kids, see if the guests would like to bring their mothers (grandmothers of the children). That way there are more adult bodies and people to help with the kids.

what kind of show are you doing with the kids?

:D Be sure to have something for the kids to do (unless you're using all them for the recipe)...candy necklaces, coloring books, cupcake/cookie decorating, etc. Hopefully your weather will be warmer so they could outside if need be...that's a lot of kids! Have fun!:D

What ages are the kids? You could do stations if they're at least K age - at one station they could decorate cupcakes, another station they could cut sandwiches with the cut n seal, another station they could use the safe cutter to prep a veg tray. If you had "helpers" (maybe teenagers), then they could prepare these things for the moms while you do a separate demo?

That's what I'm hoping to do - the stations thing. It worked pretty well at my last one, but I think I need to hone it a bit. I will definitely need to find out the ages of the kids.

I like the idea of the necklaces and coloring pages as well.

Thanks for the encouragement!

I've been considering this myself, since my kids got the "Let's Eat!" Cookbook for Christmas. I love the Mouse-in-the-hole cupcakes. You could make the cupcakes ahead of time in the muffin pan (stoneware) and just let them decorate. When I taught 2nd grade, this was very do-able with 22 kids and three or four adults.

We have tried the PB and J Waffle-wiches and the tic-tac-toe pizza which didn't come out so well since the cheese "board" just melted together and didn't actually look like a tic tac toe board. If I could figure it out, it would be perfect for a kids' show.

Any suggestions on how to do them if you have two preschoolers at home? I'd love to be able to offer them afterschool, but I would need childcare for them and I don't actually think that is possible right now. Bringing them would be out of the question as my son can be a looney tunes and I just don;t think it's very professional. Maybe Saturday and Sunday mornings or afternoons?
Jessica

Easier than the cupcakes is to make the puffs and then let the kids dip them in icing and sprinkles. I found that these were small and less messy, judt dip into toppings. Also the mini brownies are an easy mak ahead then the kids can put decorative swril of whip topping and decorate with sprinkles.
Then for the Mom's (Dad's) I had the kids help put together the Spinach Salad with Strawberries then the kids served the mom's.
Hope this helps, I have found that the more prebaked items at kids parties the better and smoother the party flowed. i have also done these as tea party birthday parties.

You really need to find out what ages these kids are. Just ask your host.

There was a horror story recently here on ChefSuccess where the host mentioned "free babysitting".

Infants, no problem. They will probably be on someone's lap the entire time.

2-5, is the host's home relatively child safe? And yes, they will like PC kid stuff, but they will need one-on-one when using it.

6-9 will need also need an adult, and if you're the lone ranger, how many kids are in the group? Because 22 is too many when you're trying to sell.

10-13 will be looking for the video games, probably...

Just beware the free babysitting mentality.....it's not just in PC, when my son went to cub scout meetings the parents would chat and let their kids wreak havoc.
Not to be a downer.

If they are very young-aged kids, some teen babysitter assistants might be just the ticket!
Surely your host will understand this.

Last edited:
Kids shows are a blast, but not always profitable. Make sure you've got some help so that you can tend to the parents too or have the kids help prepare and then serve to the adults and start your show from there.

The Mom's Easy Apple Crisp (All the Best Cookbook) is always a hit with the kids. They love the A/P/C/S and everyone can get a turn doing something.

Have Fun!

Has anyone made a flyer for Kid shows or Kids birthday shows? I have a friend who runs a daycare and she suggested that I let her put flyers in the parent boxes offering Mommy and me Kids shows and kid birthday shows.

I did one for her daughter last year and it was a big hit..

I have a friend that wants to do one after April - this would be my first kids show.

Thanks for all the help! The show went really well, though the sales were only just over $300. (I think they would have actually been higher, but most of the people there had just recently been to a show).

Here's what I did that worked well:

Had Ratatouille coloring pages with a Tool-Turn-About filled with markers, crayons, scissors, etc. on the table to occupy kids right when the first come in.

Did the Mini-Molten Lava Cakes, and had it set up in 4 different stations. Had the instructions for each station written up on card stock (next time I'll laminate them or put in page protectors!) That way I could assign one mom and 3-4 kids to each station and they could work independently.

Had a Sundae Bar also, where kids could use the food chopper, Cheese Grater, and My Safe Cutter to prepare toppings.

I did very little presenting, but just having the kids and moms using the products was good. I did manage to get the moms' attention briefly to do the recruiting talk/game and a short hosting commercial. I got one booking out of it, also.

Related to Hosting the 19th: Inviting 8 Adults & 22 Kids!

1. How do I prepare enough food for 8 adults and 22 kids?

When hosting a large group like this, it's important to plan ahead and make sure you have enough food to go around. One easy solution is to make dishes that can be easily multiplied, such as casseroles or large salads. You can also consider asking some guests to bring a dish to share, or hiring a caterer to handle the food for you.

2. What types of dishes should I make for a group with both adults and kids?

When planning your menu, it's important to offer a variety of dishes that will appeal to both adults and kids. A good rule of thumb is to have a mix of both kid-friendly options, like mac and cheese or chicken tenders, and more sophisticated dishes for the adults, like a pasta dish or grilled salmon. It's also a good idea to have some finger foods available for the kids, like fruit and veggie trays or cheese and crackers.

3. How can I make sure there are enough activities to keep all the kids entertained?

With 22 kids in attendance, it's important to have some fun and engaging activities planned. Consider setting up a craft station where kids can make their own party hats or decorate cookies. You can also have a designated area for games, such as a bean bag toss or ring toss. And don't forget to have some music and dancing to keep the kids entertained!

4. Is it necessary to have separate seating arrangements for the kids and adults?

While it's not necessary to have separate seating arrangements, it can be helpful in keeping the kids and adults happy. You can set up a designated kids' table with activities and games, while the adults can have a more formal seating arrangement. Alternatively, you can have a mix of both adult and kid seating at each table, so everyone can socialize together.

5. Are there any tips for keeping the party organized and running smoothly with such a large group?

Hosting a party with a large group can be a bit chaotic, but with some planning and organization, it can run smoothly. Consider creating a schedule or timeline for the party, so everyone knows what to expect and when. It's also helpful to have designated areas for food, drinks, and activities to avoid overcrowding. And don't be afraid to ask for help from other parents or family members in keeping things running smoothly!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• LBurke
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
linojackie
  • PamperedK
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Jolie_Paradoxe
  • TheFreddiesCook