• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What are some ideas for a successful Red Hat Show with an older crowd?

In summary, my neighbor is hosting a show for me in Sept and she's inviting her entire Red Hat club. She's also inviting women from her swim club at the YMCA and some from her Church. I'm hoping ALL of them show up but I plan to be realistic and look for at least half. Since all the guests will be older ladies, does anyone have any ideas I can use. I'm sure they all have TONS of kitchen gadgets and if they are widowed, they'll probably say they don't cook much anymore. I know there are things that anybody can use but if someone else has done a show like this, tell me how it went. My last show had an older lady there and she liked
pamperedcheermom
My neighbor is hosting a show for me in Sept and she's inviting her entire Red Hat club. She's also inviting women from her swim club at the YMCA and some from her Church. I'm hoping ALL of them show up but I plan to be realistic and look for at least half. Since all the guests will be older ladies, does anyone have any ideas I can use. I'm sure they all have TONS of kitchen gadgets and if they are widowed, they'll probably say they don't cook much anymore. I know there are things that anybody can use but if someone else has done a show like this, tell me how it went. My last show had an older lady there and she liked a few of the products but said she didn't need to buy kitchen stuff at her age. :yuck: She said if she were younger she would but she and her husband go out to eat most of the time so she didn't need anything. I want to avoid that this time.

:eek:

Just check it for discontinued product and change accordingly. :)

THANK YOU! I love the "But I don't cook" Flyer. I'm printing it out now and will have to laminated later today. It's amazing how many people really DON'T cook. Even people with young kids..........I have to wonder about the kids cholesterol. I have a neighbor who is separated and her husband did ALL the cooking when they were together. Now it's McDonalds, Wendys, Wings (take out kind) or frozen foods. I like to know what my kids are "really" eating.
Thanks for the flyer. It'll be a big help!

I'm glad! :)When I met my husband, he didn't know how to cook. Still doesn't. He used to feed my stepdaughter mostly the little "chef boyardee" cups. She ate well at daycare anyway. She spent a lot of time with Grandma and Grandpa, too, and they made nutritious meals.So I know first hand how hard it is to know what to do when you're on your own and don't know how to cook.Now I take GOOD care of my family! :)

Don't completely write off the older crowd. If they're in their 50's, they probably still cook, but need to replace older tools. And at that point, they recognize quality and the benefits of investing in some good items. And just because the Red Hat group has been invited doesn't mean there won't be people from other age groups from the other sections of her guest list.

Also go for products that you use alot without even noticing.....
Small Bar Pan for the toaster oven, small oval & mini bakers.
Paring knives
Quick Stir Pitcher
Any of our Spreaders...I'll get more to you in awhile....;)

Plus, remind them they have children or grandchildren, etc. that need gifts! Birthdays, weddings, Christmas...etc!

Along those same lines...be sure to talk about the Bridal Registry/Shows! They have family that they could get you in contact with!

1. What is a Red Hat Show?

A Red Hat Show is a fun and interactive cooking demonstration hosted by a Pampered Chef consultant. It is a great way to gather friends and family together for a cooking experience and learn about our products.

2. How long does a Red Hat Show typically last?

A Red Hat Show usually lasts about 2 hours, including time for socializing and shopping. However, the duration can be adjusted based on the host's preferences.

3. What are some ideas for a Red Hat Show?

Some ideas for a Red Hat Show include themed parties such as a "Girls Night In" or "Couples Cooking," holiday-themed shows, or focusing on a specific type of cuisine. You can also customize the show to fit the interests of your guests.

4. Can I earn free products by hosting a Red Hat Show?

Yes, as the host of a Red Hat Show, you can earn free and discounted products based on the total sales from the show. You can also earn additional rewards by booking future shows with your consultant.

5. Do I need any special equipment to host a Red Hat Show?

No, you do not need any special equipment to host a Red Hat Show. Your Pampered Chef consultant will bring all the necessary tools and products needed for the demonstration. All you need to provide is a space for the show and some eager guests!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pamperedcheermom
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • JennyJennJen
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
JennyJennJen
  • Chozengirl