• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Planning a Show for 9+ Kids: Need Ideas!

In summary, the author suggests doing a show with a daughter and her friends' mothers in March, incorporating interactive activities with recipes from two cookbooks. There are many fun recipes in the "Let Eat" and "Kids in the Kitchen" books for the daughters to help with.
c00p
Gold Member
Ok, I've looked through the archives and files on here and I've found some things I can use, but I'm needing more!!! I'm doing a show with my daughter in March and she's basically doing the inviting. The kids are all 9+ years old, so that part is GREAT! But I'm trying to figure out what in the world to do! How do I involve the kids and parents? Should I do 2 recipes and do the whole interactive thing with 1 recipe for the kids and 1 for the parents? Any suggestions would be soooo appreciated!!

I had a mom that was interested in doing a spa show with her daughters and inviting the daugther's friends and moms. It never panned through but it was a great idea. I never did come up with any good ideas for the show though.

There is also an Amazing Race show where you could have the moms put together one recipe (maybe a harder one :) ) and the daugthers put together another recipe.

I think the Amazing Race is great--getting both involved but making sure they aren't rushing so they are careful. Do you know what I mean? Make sure they are safe.

Another idea would be to have stations to each mother and daughter could try out the different pieces (UM, Microplane, Crinkle Cutter, etc)

Wish I had more ideas, but I dont.

Cool - I'll have to do a little more thinking and maybe some more digging. I've got the amazing race info somewhere around here. Thanks folks!

there are tons of fun reciepes in the 'Let Eat' and 'Kids in the Kitchen' books. My kids (9 and 12 boys) love to make things out of these....

Well, I just had my 13 year old son, 9 year old daughter and 8 year old son help me get dinner together quick - all three were hungry and we had soccer and lacrosse games/practice to get to -

8 year old did rice in the rice cooker - 13 year old got stuff prepped for a quick fajita meal in the skillet -apple wedger for onion, sliced up peppers - ziploc bag of SW season mix with some Perdue short cuts chicken - olive oil in the skillet - 9 year old did the tortilla on the large bar pan - made salsa in the batter bowl with the salad choppers (no one eats the guac so we skipped it - other wise - mix and mashers with our mix and avocados) Dinner was done and on the table in 20 minutes - (oh my 15 year old DD helped out setting the table- 18 year old DD is away in college - ya have to love teens!!)

I would just do a recipe and incorporate the moms and girls in the interactive part. I just helped my new recruit with her Grand Opening today, and she had some moms there with their pre-teen daughters. The girls were SO willing to help, and the moms were there to help them. The girls were very influential in the mom's purchases, too. It's definitely a win-win! I love when kids are at my shows who are a little older and they want to be involved - that's what PC is all about, right? FAMILY!!

1. How can I keep the kids entertained during the show?

One idea is to have them help with the cooking and preparation process. You can assign them tasks like mixing, measuring, or decorating. Another option is to have a separate activity station set up with coloring pages or a craft project related to the theme of the show.

2. What types of food should I make for the kids?

Simple and kid-friendly options like mini pizzas, fruit skewers, and chicken tenders are always a hit. You can also incorporate fun shapes and designs using cookie cutters to make the food more appealing to the kids.

3. How long should the show be for a group of 9+ kids?

It's best to keep the show to around an hour, as kids may have a shorter attention span. Make sure to plan out the activities and keep things moving at a steady pace to avoid any boredom or restlessness.

4. Can I involve the kids in the ordering process?

Absolutely! You can have them help create the menu by asking for their input and suggestions. You can also involve them in the decision-making process by having them vote on which dish to make or which kitchen tool to use.

5. How should I handle food allergies or dietary restrictions?

It's important to ask the parents beforehand if any of the kids have allergies or dietary restrictions. Plan to have alternative options available for those who can't eat certain foods. You can also involve the kids in creating a special dish that accommodates their needs.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
buddy5909
  • KayteTUrner
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
KayteTUrner
  • Nay0403
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies