• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Need Some Kid's in the Kitchen Show Ideas

In summary, Debbie recommends cooking with children using hands-on stations, teaching them about good products to use, and having fun while doing it. She provides a handout for parents with more information.
ChefKrisB
Gold Member
Hi everyone!
I am doing a Kid's Cooking class (with parents) in 2 weeks (booked yesterday) and need some ideas. The ages of the kids range from about 9 to 13.
Thanks!!!

I've done shows with mostly younger kids, but I suppose this would work for older kids. I've always done the Tic Tac Toe pizzas where they all make their own, then we do the S'Mores Brownie Bites for dessert. I usually go through some rules of the kitchen, such as always washing hands first, letting a parent do anything oven-related or with sharp tools, not licking fingers and putting them in the food, etc. Somewhere I have a file that has cooking tips for kids and it's broken down by age ranges. I'm happy to post it once I found it because it's on my other computer. I'm sure it'll have age-relevant tips for the crowd you'll have.

My piece of advice is that especially when I do these with younger kids, you really don't get to do much of a demo where parents are listening. Maybe since yours will be older kids, you'll have better luck. Sometimes I've done a separate demo for the moms when the kids are done and off playing, but that does make for a long show. When I've done two segments of a show like this, it's always been on a weekend afternoon but they've both been $1000 shows when I've done them!! Everyone just needs to know it's a longer committment.

Once I find that file, I'll post it! :D

Last edited:
Kids ideasI love to do stations at my kids shows. I have tables set up with different foods and kitchen tools at each table. The audience of parents is facing us and I try to show off the products while the kids are doing it with me. First I start off with paper plates with each child's name on each station. For small shows two stations is great. The first station I usually do something with the Cut n Seal, either peanut butter and jelly or ham and cheese in a sandwich. The second station where the kids move over with me to their assigned plates is small cakes I made in the prep bowls. I have one already made that I have in front for the kids to see. I chop M&M's with my food chopper and put them in bowls that are already filled with what I am doing, except I did it before the show. I slice some strawberries with the egg slicer. I have the EAD filled with whipped cream for each child to finish decorating their cakes at the end. I frost the cake with the spreader. I let the kids do this while I go on to explain to the parents the wonderful features of the products I have decided to highlight for the evening. I have made a delcious pizza in the oven on the large stone before everyone arrives. That can be to feed the moms! The kids can have either but usually want to eat what they made. While everyone is eating you can keep talking about the business, the guest special and the host special and benefits. Make it fun!!
Debbie

Well, here's a "cooking with kids" handout that wasn't the one I was thinking of that I had. Matter of fact I think I got this off of this website a while back. It does have some facts and tips divided up by age groups, so hopefully it'll help. I can't take credit for this whole wealth of information since I got it from here to begin with! :D

Oh and I'll also attach a handout I give out to parents that highlight good "kid" products since I don't go into a whole lot of detail about everything.

Attachments

• cooking with kids handout 18 pgs.doc
    209.5 KB · Views: 652
  • GREAT PRODUCTS FOR KIDS.doc
    23.5 KB · Views: 483
Hi there! Congratulations on booking your Kid's Cooking class. That's so exciting! For kids in that age range, I recommend keeping the recipes simple and fun. Some ideas could be making homemade pizzas with different toppings, creating fruit kabobs, or even making their own personalized sandwiches. You could also incorporate some healthy options like making smoothie bowls or homemade granola bars. Don't forget to involve the parents in the process as well, it's a great way for them to bond with their kids and learn some cooking skills together. Good luck with your class!

What is a "Kids in the Kitchen" show?

A "Kids in the Kitchen" show is a fun and interactive cooking demonstration specifically designed for children. It allows kids to get involved in the cooking process and learn valuable skills while having a great time.

How can I host a "Kids in the Kitchen" show?

To host a "Kids in the Kitchen" show, simply contact your Pampered Chef consultant and let them know you are interested in hosting a show for children. Your consultant will work with you to plan the perfect event for your child and their friends.

What types of recipes are suitable for a "Kids in the Kitchen" show?

There are many different types of recipes that are suitable for a "Kids in the Kitchen" show. Some popular options include no-bake desserts, easy snacks, and simple meals that kids can help prepare. Your Pampered Chef consultant can provide you with a variety of recipe options to choose from.

What age range is best for a "Kids in the Kitchen" show?

A "Kids in the Kitchen" show is suitable for children of all ages, but typically works best for kids aged 5-12. Younger children may require more supervision and assistance, while older children may be able to handle more complex tasks.

Can I customize the "Kids in the Kitchen" show for a specific theme or occasion?

Absolutely! Your Pampered Chef consultant can work with you to customize the show to fit a specific theme or occasion, such as a birthday party or holiday celebration. This can make the experience even more fun and memorable for the kids.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
shelly.nurse
  • mgranich
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
mgranich
  • noelskitchen
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies