• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Hosting Sunday Party: What to Do?

In summary, it is important to clarify with the host whether she wants no food at all or just no recipe demonstration. It may be helpful to offer a different type of show, such as a more casual and interactive presentation, if the host does not want a demo. It is also important to get a clear understanding of the guest list and to address any concerns or issues the host may have. However, if the host continues to be vague and uncooperative, it may be necessary to reschedule for a different day or cancel the show altogether.
RossDeb2
Gold Member
I have a host for my Sunday party who does not want me to cook. When host coaching, we had decided to do the Chicken Broccoli Braid and now on Friday, she had decided that she does not want food prepared and has really no idea who is coming!?!? Should I just do a potato and cucumber demo? Any advice? She says she has invited people...just does not know who is attending. I offered to make reminder calls for her and she said No. She has not mentioned cancelling. I just don't know what to make of this???

Let her know that this is not how you can do business and make money. Suggest that you reschedule for a different day. Let her know that you are trying something new with your hosts - sending invitations and making the reminder calls.

It just sounds too weird for my taste.

Maybe $$$ is an issue and she's nervous about buying ingredients and having too many people over that she can't afford to "feed". Could you offer to pick them up for her? I know a few years ago, that would've held me back, too. Just a thought.

What?? She has really no idea who is coming!?!? I would ask her one more time that you need to know how many people she invited because you do not want to waste your Sunday!! :rolleyes:

Two issues here: people and food.The first issue is whether she actually has people coming to her show. If she does, then great - move on to the food issue. If she doesn't, then ask her to clarify whether she wants no food at her show at all, or if she just does not want you to do a recipe demonstration. This brings me to the second issue....If she is telling you she doesn't want food at the party, maybe she actually doesn't want a demo of a recipe. Some people simply don't like demonstrations and want a show that is less structured. I do not do a demo at my shows - I bring a recipe already done and do a flip chart presentation that takes 15 minutes. Then the guests play with the tools, shop, chat and ask me questions. It is very casual. If it turns out that your host doesn't want a demo, I can give you my basic outline for my shows (I also posted it somewhere else on here, too) and you can offer her that. I would ask her to clarify what she means.

That's sound weird too. I would definitely try to get an honest answer about who is coming!!
Jeannie, where is your outline????

I'd like to see your outline as well Jeannie....do tell where it is!

Thanks for the advice. I would like to see your outline. I am calling her this evening and will get clarification. She's just really vague. Yes, perhaps the issue may be the cost of the food but the recipe is not that pricey. I would even offer to bring the ingredients but not if there is only a couple of people attending?? I hate to be negative but she does not even sound like she is trying to plan for the party. Even better yet...she does direct sales herself for 4 companies. She should know how these things go!

RossDeb2 said:
Even better yet...she does direct sales herself for 4 companies. She should know how these things go!

Interesting!!:eek: :eek: FOUR companies?!?!

Sounds like you're going to get a call on Saturday or Sunday cancelling this show. . .maybe not but I'd be worried.

I hate to see you cancel and her actually have guest who are planning to attend. I think the advice of trying to understand why she's saying "no food" as suggested by others. Money? Structure?

Good Luck!

Related to Hosting Sunday Party: What to Do?

1. How do I plan a successful Sunday party?

To plan a successful Sunday party, start by choosing a theme or focus for the event. Decide on a menu and make a shopping list to ensure you have all the necessary ingredients. Next, send out invitations to your guests and ask them to RSVP to get an accurate headcount. Prepare as much food as you can in advance and set up a self-serve beverage station to make hosting easier. Lastly, don't forget to have fun and enjoy spending time with your guests!

2. What are some ideas for activities during a Sunday party?

Some ideas for activities during a Sunday party include hosting a potluck where each guest brings a dish to share, having a cooking or baking competition, or setting up a DIY station for guests to make their own food or drinks. Other options could include playing board games, having a movie or TV show marathon, or organizing a sports or outdoor activity.

3. How can I make my Sunday party more memorable?

To make your Sunday party more memorable, consider adding personal touches such as creating a custom playlist, making homemade decorations, or setting up a photo booth with props for guests to take pictures. You could also plan a surprise activity or game, or give out party favors as a way to thank your guests for coming.

4. What are some tips for cleaning up after a Sunday party?

To make cleaning up after a Sunday party easier, start by tidying up as you go throughout the event. Use disposable plates, cups, and utensils to minimize dishes. Encourage guests to help with cleanup before they leave. If there are leftover food and drinks, consider donating them to a local shelter or food bank. Lastly, make sure to properly dispose of any trash and wipe down surfaces before calling it a night.

5. How can I thank my guests for attending my Sunday party?

There are many ways to thank your guests for attending your Sunday party. Some ideas include sending a handwritten thank-you note, giving out small gifts or favors, or hosting a post-party brunch or gathering to show your appreciation. You could also consider hosting another party in the future as a way to repay the favor and spend more time with your guests.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• raebates
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • TJMagoo
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • Suzyengl