• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Host Pan Combos - No Commission

In summary, Amanda was frustrated with how often her hosts choose pan combo sets instead of giving her a commission for sales. HO is passing along the benefits of this deal to hosts, but they would appreciate it more if HO gave them credit for sales. There are silver linings to this situation- one being that the other 50% of the product goes toward careers instead of gifts.
MHouting
Gold Member
How frustrating! I know its not that often a host chooses a pan combo set but, I just had 2 shows in a row where my hosts forked out $400+ and I don't get commission off them! SERIOUSLY?! ..... Not even off the $amount spent?! Grrr..... :yuck:

Just think of it this way, your hosts will LOVE you because they got an awesome deal on lifetime guaranteed cookware! Some people host specifically because they can get this great deal. HO is passing along great rewards for hosts and they are covering the expense. I'm glad we work for a company that doesn't make us pay for the host rewards. :) If HO gave us a commission, then the discount probably wouldn't be as generous.

Good point Amanda! But its still harsh to not see that $ ! One of the hosts was teetering.... and after I ranted & raved about how much I LOVE mine.... she did end up getting them.... they are wonderful.... if my next host gets a set, I think I should get a patch/pin or something! Even the bowling allies around here give a drink for 3 strikes in a row! He he he!:p

I'm having the same problem today. My host added the full Stainless set to her $300 show today--and I don't get anything! She was on the fence, and my answers to her questions and all was the deciding factor. Not even credit in terms of incentives or PC dollars? SOMETHING would be nice! But yes, for some, this is why they even host parties, so all of that is nice. And I'm sure she'll love her cookware and be a loyal customer. She's already thinking she'll have another show in the fall when she goes back to school. I'd sure rather this be a $700 show than a $300 show, though. :p

There are times when we earn product for our cookware sales. When new cookware is introduced, we usually have a "Pan-O-rama" where we get points for selling cookware, and we can use the points to get new cookware ourselves.

I'm wondering if that's going to happen in August, actually, and they are waiting til Conference to announce it. We shall see!

Amanda already said it, but I'll say it again:Be glad you don't have to pay for the host benefits. What if you had to pay for that other half? There would go ALL of your commission.

makeawhisk said:
I'm having the same problem today. My host added the full Stainless set to her $300 show today--and I don't get anything! She was on the fence, and my answers to her questions and all was the deciding factor.

Not even credit in terms of incentives or PC dollars? SOMETHING would be nice!

But yes, for some, this is why they even host parties, so all of that is nice. And I'm sure she'll love her cookware and be a loyal customer. She's already thinking she'll have another show in the fall when she goes back to school.

I'd sure rather this be a $700 show than a $300 show, though. :p

I think PROBLEM is the wrong word to use. How in any way is this a problem? We don't have to pay for host specials out of our pockets as some companies do and our hosts get a great product at a great price. HO is almost giving them away at 50% off as a great thing for our hosts. Be excited for your hosts when they get this deal!!

You may not get any commission on the 50% products, but at least the other 50% goes toward career sales... There is a little bit of silver lining in that cloud.That being said, I am so glad I don't have to pay for host gifts and credit card processing fees. My boss's sister at my full time-job does one of those romance party businesses. I didn't get the comment from her that she brought cash to her sister's party because she knew how much I would appreciate it. It turns out she has to pay for credit card transactions. I'm so glad we don't and I prefer to get plastic payments.

You may not get any commission on the 50% products, but at least the other 50% goes toward career sales... There is a little bit of silver lining in that cloud.That being said, I am so glad I don't have to pay for host gifts and credit card processing fees. My boss's sister at my full time-job does one of those romance party businesses. I didn't get the comment from her that she brought cash to her sister's party because she knew how much I would appreciate it. It turns out she has to pay for credit card transactions. I'm so glad we don't and I prefer to get plastic payments.

lt1jane said:
You may not get any commission on the 50% products, but at least the other 50% goes toward career sales... There is a little bit of silver lining in that cloud.

That being said, I am so glad I don't have to pay for host gifts and credit card processing fees. My boss's sister at my full time-job does one of those romance party businesses. I didn't get the comment from her that she brought cash to her sister's party because she knew how much I would appreciate it. It turns out she has to pay for credit card transactions. I'm so glad we don't and I prefer to get plastic payments.

We do not get career sales either for the 50% off items. That is based on commissionable sales.

wadesgirl said:
We do not get career sales either for the 50% off items. That is based on commissionable sales.

You're right. Don't know what I was thinking.

wadesgirl said:
I think PROBLEM is the wrong word to use. How in any way is this a problem? We don't have to pay for host specials out of our pockets as some companies do and our hosts get a great product at a great price. HO is almost giving them away at 50% off as a great thing for our hosts. Be excited for your hosts when they get this deal!!

What she said.

It's all in how you look at it. Either you're missing out on sales...OR your host has just become a lifelong customer and supporter of your business, and possible recruit. Plus, the fact that hosts can get such great cookware for 50% off is one of our best booking tools. Use it, and be glad that we have it!

I am thinking we must be getting some new cookware for the fall.. Did you all notice that the big fall package was valued at $800??? we never have that much unless cookware is involved... and if that is the case we will have Pan-O-Rama in August...

I tell my customers up front when they are deciding on their half price items that I don't make money off 50 or 60% items. I don't want them to worry about me trying to "sell" them on cookware.

I tell my hosts i make my money off the guest sales - the more guest sales she gets, the happy she will be because of all the free product and half price items she gets and the happier i'll be, because my commission is bigger too.

Of course i make money if the host buys more than the 50% or 60% off items, but most of my hosts just buy the free stuff/discount items.

crissy11 said:
I am thinking we must be getting some new cookware for the fall.. Did you all notice that the big fall package was valued at $800??? we never have that much unless cookware is involved... and if that is the case we will have Pan-O-Rama in August...

Where did you see that it was valued at $800?

Last week's NewsWire gave dollar amounts:

June 1–15

• Hold and submit 1 Show — Receive our new Round-Up from the Heart® product.
June 1-30

• Hold and submit 2 Shows — Receive new fall products valued at over $65!
  • Hold and submit $1,500 — Receive a bigger selection of fall products valued at over $275!
  • Hold and submit $3,000 — Receive an even bigger selection of fall products valued at over $550!
  • Hold and submit $6,000 — Receive the biggest selection of fall products valued at over $800, PLUS Pampered Chef® dollars!

I'm really close to $3000, as far as I can tell. I think I only need $300 or so to put me over the top. I might have to put together a catalog show and see if I can make it. All of my prospects are wanting to put their shows off until later in the summer.

NooraK said:
Last week's NewsWire gave dollar amounts:

June 1–15

• Hold and submit 1 Show — Receive our new Round-Up from the Heart® product.
June 1-30

• Hold and submit 2 Shows — Receive new fall products valued at over $65!
  • Hold and submit $1,500 — Receive a bigger selection of fall products valued at over $275!
  • Hold and submit $3,000 — Receive an even bigger selection of fall products valued at over $550!
  • Hold and submit $6,000 — Receive the biggest selection of fall products valued at over $800, PLUS Pampered Chef® dollars!

Holy cow bells! I can't believe I missed that! Thanks for sharing!

I tell my hosts I don't get commission off their free and half price items as well. I want them to know that when I recommend cookware, its because I love and adore it, not because I want to make money! I also want them to know that if they can't afford cookware and they want to use their half-price item on a $12 sauce, that's great! I want them to get what is going to make them happy, and I don't want them to worry about the money I'm making off their order.

mountainmama74 said:
I tell my hosts I don't get commission off their free and half price items as well. I want them to know that when I recommend cookware, its because I love and adore it, not because I want to make money! I also want them to know that if they can't afford cookware and they want to use their half-price item on a $12 sauce, that's great! I want them to get what is going to make them happy, and I don't want them to worry about the money I'm making off their order.

I've done the same before especially if they are wanting to get it but not sure. I don't want them thinking I'm making a bunch of money trying to convince them to buy it. I just want to them to get it because it is great cookware!

Gonna sound funny but I love that we do NOT get commission on any item a host purchases at 50% off. Reason, I tell them up front that I do not get paid for those items. Then I tell them, when asked why I would purchase this item or that. And I can say it and they will know I mean it. Would you rather sell an item to a host honestly or dishonestly? And would you rather pay for it or not? Or TO PAY OR NOT TO PAY? I prefer letting them buy, buy buy and me not pay, pay, pay!

I love that they get discounts on it .... I really, really, really do.

But I also really, really, really wish we got SOMETHING out of it. Career sales. Incentives. Trip points for those who need them. Sell a Thon credit. SOMETHING.

I had a really great show last June. I did manage to make the $1500 level because I had a $300 show on top of my $1200 one. But I would have already made that level of SAT if my host's TWO, 5 and 7 piece stainless combos counted! $800 non-commissionable sales that didn't count towards sell a thon. I was glad she got them. But I did feel a twinge of disappointment that they didn't help me in any way.

I just get a little funny when the host states I just spent blah blah blah and I think they are assuming I made commission off of it. Because I too have had hosts buy cookware sets as well.

cookingwithdawn said:
I just get a little funny when the host states I just spent blah blah blah and I think they are assuming I made commission off of it. Because I too have had hosts buy cookware sets as well.

My sister-in-law told me she was going to "make up for not buying anything for me for 4 years" at the party she finally came to. She ended up "stealing" my MIL's half price item to buy both stainless cookware sets. I did manage to tell her that I don't make anything on that. She's the kind that will spend a thousand dollars on a diamond bracelet or something but didn't want to pay full price for some cookware!

The cookware 1/2 off is one of the best booking tools we have -- at the company's expense. LOTS of hosts book for this reason. AND we always have the option of selling it full price! :D

Sandi

But you have to remember it DOES HELP YOU in many ways. 1) Other people in her group will hear about the special deal she got, and I always ask before a party what the host is looking at so I can use it to promote bookings, 2) More sales later - if a host only buys the sets, then the open stock products are still in play and we can make a killing on those when we have cookware specials. Heck I will give any host more 50% or 60% stuff is she pulls in another several hundred dollars in sales for me to get them! 3) I STILL DO NOT PAY FOR THEM! So... Commission later which is probably gonna be more in the long run verses getting it all up front, I can wait!

Related to Host Pan Combos - No Commission

1. What is a Host Pan Combo?

A Host Pan Combo is a set of Pampered Chef products that are offered at a discounted price to hosts who host a Pampered Chef party or event.

2. How do I qualify for a Host Pan Combo?

To qualify for a Host Pan Combo, you must host a Pampered Chef party or event and have a minimum of $200 in sales. The more sales you have, the higher the discount on the Host Pan Combo.

3. Can I earn commission on Host Pan Combos?

No, Host Pan Combos are offered at a discounted price to hosts as a thank you for hosting a Pampered Chef party or event. Hosts do not earn commission on these products.

4. What products are included in a Host Pan Combo?

The products included in a Host Pan Combo vary depending on the current promotions and availability. Typically, the Host Pan Combo will include popular and useful Pampered Chef products such as cookware, kitchen tools, and bakeware.

5. How can I redeem my Host Pan Combo?

To redeem your Host Pan Combo, you can contact your Pampered Chef consultant or place an order through your consultant's website. Your consultant will assist you in selecting the products and applying the discounted price to your order.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
pc_cindy
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • raebates
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Hillary