• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Effective Host Coaching for Co-Hosts: Tips and Best Practices

In summary, the conversation discusses the topic of hosting and coaching co-hosts for a cooking show. The host is wondering how to effectively coach two co-hosts who are best friends and will be splitting the host benefits. Suggestions are given to communicate via email and ask specific questions, as well as reminding the co-hosts to split the benefits and not double them. It is also advised to make sure the co-hosts have everything needed for the recipe and to remind guests about the interactive nature of the show. Overall, it is recommended to coach each co-host individually and make sure they understand all the necessary information.
kdangel518
Gold Member
How do you typically host coach co-hosts? I can imagine it would be easy if one host was more involved or the "primary" host, but that happens to not be the situation I have, lol.

I have two women who are best friends who are co-hosting a cooking show. This is the first co-hosted show I've done! I'm very excited about it, but I'm wondering how the host coaching will work. They've said email is the best way to get in touch with them- I am wondering if I should call them both seperately and coach them individually, coach just one and ask her to share the info with the other, or try coaching them via email? I could try to set up a three way call as well...

What is your advice? What tends to work the best in your experience? TIA! :chef:

Great question that I have now since I have sisters co-hosting. I've only met one so don't know about the other - and it's at her house. For you, I think the email thing is great. You then are communicating the same thing to each person. A few of my co-hosting experiences have turned into one host dropping the ball and the other host doing everything. You shouldn't have that. In the email try to ask specific questions. Have you each talked to at least 20 people about the show? How many outside orders have you gotten? That type thing.Good luck!

I always try to coach each one as if they are individuals. They each know different people, and each should invite 40 and do their follow-up. There may be some overlap on their invitations, but that's where you come in. Spend a few minutes comparing their lists and combine their common ones. Work with the one who is in charge of ingredients, but coach each one to do their reminder and follow-up calls.

HTH!

I coach them both.

Remind them they SPLIT the host benefits - not double them. Have had many grumpy co-horts because I didn't explain this well at the very first. Both can receive host special, though.

Scott's right. Make sure that they understand that they will be splitting the Host Rewards. If they both do really good, they may opt for splitting it at the last minute & submitting it as 2 different shows.

I think e-mail is fine - especially since they said that's best for them. Just make sure that both names are on all the e-mails that you send so one doesn't feel like they were forgotten. ;)

My e-mails usually cover the important things for my type of shows & the restrictions for the military base:
  • The more they advertise, the more orders they will collect which means the MORE Host Benefits they will earn.
  • I always go through the online invites (we use those a LOT out here) and tell them who hasn't yet opened their invitation - then I encourage them to call or e-mail those people from their regular e-mail account & tell them to look for the online invitation (since it might be in their spam mailbox).
  • We have mailing restrictions here & can not use "ship to host", so I elaborate on those rules.
  • We have selling restrictions here & can not sell to the Japanese locals due to Custom's Regulations (we do not pay import taxes), so I elaborate on that as well.
  • Children & interactive cooking shows are NOT a good mix. I encourage them to relay to their guests that this WILL be an interactive show and that they should find a sitter for the night so that they can concentrate.
  • I reminded them to go down the list of people who have RSVP'd & said they will attend & call them 2 days before the show to remind them. I also tell them it's fine to call when you know the person will be at work ... just leave a quick message "Hey, looking forward to seeing you at the Pampered Chef show on Saturday night ..." That way, they don't get tied up on the phone for hours in conversations with several people.
  • Double check & make sure that they have everything needed for the recipe

It seems like there's more, but it's 11:30 at night here, I'm tired & having a hard time thinking right now. LOL

Thanks for all the tips everyone- I do think I will coach these two via email since, as Sheila said, email is the best way to reach them. Thankfully I did read the policy guide on this before contacting them and have already let them know that they will split the host bennies, so they're clear on that from the get go :)

scottcooks said:
Both can receive host special, though.

I thought it was one host special per show. With the exception of a previous host from whom the show was booked. Do you mean the booking benefit? Only one of the hosts can redeem a booking benefit at a future show, but it doesn't specify which one.

1. How many co-hosts can I have for my Pampered Chef party?

You can have up to two co-hosts for your Pampered Chef party. Having multiple co-hosts can help increase attendance and sales for your event.

2. Do my co-hosts need to be present at the party?

No, your co-hosts do not need to be present at the party. They can simply invite their friends and family to attend and help promote the event.

3. What are the benefits of having co-hosts for my party?

Having co-hosts can help increase attendance and sales for your party. They can also help with planning and promoting the event, making it a more fun and successful experience for everyone involved.

4. Can I split the host rewards with my co-hosts?

Yes, you can split the host rewards with your co-hosts. This is a great way to show appreciation and thank them for their help in making your Pampered Chef party a success.

5. How can I effectively communicate and coordinate with my co-hosts?

It is important to have open and clear communication with your co-hosts. You can set up a group chat or email chain to discuss party details, coordinate invites and follow-ups, and share any important updates or information. You can also schedule regular check-ins to make sure everyone is on the same page and address any concerns or questions.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
chefsteph07
  • Kathy Jewell
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • kayleigh
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies